sometimes this site scares me...

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hey everyone!
i am totally additcted to reading everyones posts on here, but when i read what some people have had to go through i feel so awful for them and it scares me that it might happen to me... i think becuase i am fairly young (20) even though pregnancy was planned, but i stil dont knw much about being pregnant and it scares me.....

i thought i was 6weeks... whihc i was super dooper excited about, but now i think im only 5.... i cant stop counting and working out how long till 12weeks :-(

think im turning in to a nervous wreck! lol

Awww try not to get too worried. I think many of us first time mum's (and even some who are old hands) are feeling nervous and that we don't know much.

Its a huge learning curve and there is lots to take in. Plus all the changes your body goes though, not to mention the old emotions and hormones raging.

My one suggestion would be if you find that you are becoming overly worried by reading too much then simply stop reading it all :wink: Yes, some things might apply to you, but the problem with online resources is that a person can often read so much info, which is often scary they can beginning imagining the worst, when its far from the case. Yes its nice to be informed, but if you find yourself constantly worrying about this and that, it might be better to not read quite as much.

I took that route and tbh soon found a happy medium with what I read online. And if I do read something sad, upsetting or worrying from someone else, yes I sympathise with them but I don't then take it any further and begin worrying for myself. I try to remain positive and just carry on as far as is possible with my normal life.

Yeah i sometimes read what other people are going through and seem to convince myself that its going to happen to me, i know it is terrible that people have to go through bad things and myself have had 2 MC already but i try not to scare myself to much and think maybe this time i could be a lucky happy pregnant woman.

Poor you :hug:

But I do understand what you mean. I used to read the posts with sad titles on here when I was in 1st Tri and worry it would happen to me - and it started affecting my dreams and I kept dreaming I was losing the baby.

My husband then insisted I stopped reading anything remotely negative. I have of course completely ignored him because it's nice to be able to support people when things aren't going so well.

Don't worry about it :hug:

12 weeks will fly by ;)

Well if you're anything like me.... when you get to 12 weeks, and your scan, and they tell you everything is proceeding as it should, you'll think you can relax.

However, nope, then you'll just be worried till the 20 week scan :)

Someone said ... "As the worry never ends, why worry about it..."

They may have a point!

hehe

The worrying is just preparing you for motherhood lol! I had my son at 19 and I was wreck the whole way through the pregnancy and for about a year after he was born. It's only now I have relaxed a whole lot more. Now pregnant with baby number 2 and I am so much more relaxed about it all. I'm sure when it comes to the scans though I will be a wreck again haha. I know what to expect this time though so it's a lot easier to deal with. I know it's easier said than done but try to relax as much as possible and enjoy being pregnant because you'll miss it!

i know what you mean, i wont relax until i have a scan!

got it booked for tuesday, as according to my past period i am 11 weeks pregnant, although i still think i ovulated late!

im in my fourth baby, and i still worry, im now nearly 18 weeks and yes i still worry, so its quite normal

Just try to remember the sad posts are far outnumbered by happy one's. It's just that the sad one's stick in your mind :hug: :hug:

It's true that the worry doesn't ever end but you do learn to relax a little as time moves on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back