What have you given up for babi :)

BabysMomma

Reaction score
I know alcohol and smoking are among things that women have to give up whilst pregnant and continue this after their LO arrives...but is there anything else you ladies have given up?

I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself :lol: as last month I sold my Smart ForTwo car as it only has two seats and not practical for baby...and tonight my lovely wee Vespa scooter sold as I won't be able to use it cos baby won't fit under the seat forever :lol: Nah, again just not practical.

What have you ladies given up? x

Didn't smoke but am missing an ickle drinky poos every bow and again, and I terribly miss prawns and Brie and runny eggs, oh and bowling and roller coasters haha. Not for long though, it's worth the sacrifice. That's what we have to keep telling ourselves!

I miss running around with my 5 year old like i use to u know at the park and stuff not fussed bout the no smoking drinking or going out just miss playing around with my son at the moment im to tired to even climb the stairs half the time lol.. Cant wait till baby here and get a good few days out planned through the summer xxxx

I miss running around with my 5 year old like i use to u know at the park and stuff not fussed bout the no smoking drinking or going out just miss playing around with my son at the moment im to tired to even climb the stairs half the time lol.. Cant wait till baby here and get a good few days out planned through the summer xxxx

Mines sort of the same as yours Lou - I miss being able to get down on the floor to play with the little ones I childmind. I'm that knackered physically all the time that i'm only picking them up when I absolutley have to at the moment. As guilty as I feel I can't wait for my body to be all mine again! :) x

I packed in smoking before i got pregnant and don't drink...although i could do with a cheeky vimto lol. I used to drink 4 energy drinks a day before i got pregnant and i miss them so much, even having some ready in hospital for afterwards! I miss runny eggs too! Not long to go and i will be necking a few energy drinks! xxx

Last edited:
runny eggs is one of my worst cos i love them. i usually go to thorpe park for my bday every year so missed that this year but hey could be my treat in a few months time.

otherwise there isnt alot. never smoked and hardly drank so not really anything to miss there. prawns is another one. everywhere i go at the mo seem to have prawns on the menu and unless there cooked i cant have them. grrr. xxx

I miss a nice glass of white wine, high heels (I don't know how Victoria Beckham does it!), pink steak and most of all riding my horses! I took the dog up to the stables this morning for a long walk and was desperate to tack one of them up and head out across the fields for the day! Don't think I'd last 2 mins though and it's just way too risky.

Roll on babys arrival!!!!!

x

ive still been having my steak medium rare as i was told steak is fine. xxx

I miss roller coasters :( and runny eggs!

I've only been out at night 2/3 times since being pregnant and when everyones drunk I do kinda think to myself a drink would be good :lol: but it doesn't really bother me! It's worth it :)

Off subject a bit.. but the couple of times I've been out I hate the way people look at you when you go up to the bar even though all your getting is cola/irn bru or something!! Grrrrrrrr

xxx

Last edited:
I know! Some people seem to think pregnancy is an illness and you should stay at home never to be seen again!

I was in London last week and this suited woman kept looking at me on the tube as though she couldn't believe I was there - it was a look of disgust - not smiling like most others do! Bitch. If I hadn't been pregnant I would have been asking her what the hell the problem was - funny how protective you feel about your bump!

The only thing i miss really is the odd glass of wine or beer in the sun and my trips to Thorpe park i hat living so close and not being able to go.
I will be going in Sept :dance:

I have given up smoking - which I am really proud of! :dance: I am seriously missing alcohol - but only on a Friday evening it seems! I have had 2 wee half glasses of red since gettting pregnant but its not the same - can't wait to be able to have a gulit free indulgence of Rose wine once baba is here!

I am also gutted that I have to get rid of my wee cream mini :cry: I wanted one for so long then decided to take the plunge and just buy one last July so I haven't even had it a year :cry:

My logic tells me that it MUST GO but it still pains me a wee bit! On the plus side I will feel safer driving around with me and bambino sitting high up in a jeep or a much roomier car :)

Apart from that I suppose the only other thing I have really given up on is nights out with my friends - we had a girls night out a while back but it hasn't been repeated. If I am honest I am normally quite happy to sit in at weekends but still, as a whole my life has changed immensely!

Did you know some people refuse to give up their seat for a pregnant person because they say they have no more right than someone who isn't pregnant? And I've been there with the funny looks if at a bar or looking for booze in a shop for something. Yesterdays meal needed white wine in it!

OH made me stop smoking a year ago because he said it costs too much (but he'll still have a bit of a cigar or joint if one's going, at a festival etc - makes me cross). And I can't smoke when pregnant, as I found out the first pregnancy when I didn't know I was pregnant - the fags, regardless of what type (I was a clove ciggies person) make me feel sick, and taste funny.

Only things I've had to consciously give up are.......... Watching films at the cinema because I can't sit upright for long without pain (this goes for playing the Wii or watching telly all day or anything!). I can't play with my DD. Due to probs, hugs are difficult and walking places, oh there's so many things I've had to stop!

Well i enjoyed my social smoking but obvs gave that up straight away when i got my bfp. I was a proper party animal too so missing out on all the parties and stuff has been a huge sacrifice!

Me and OH have a lush campervan that weve done up and it has a big double bed, sofa, speakers, tv etc in the back but only 2 seats in the front so that has to go :-(

I had to give up doing gymnastics which I love.

It's funy to think that this time last year I was doing backflips and now i can't even put my own socks on!

Didn't drink or smoke anyway but I've given up caffeine :( Oh how I miss my energy drinks and coffee.
I might have a cup of tea in a blue moon though :)

Also given up most foods which are unhealthy for baba. e.g. soft cheese :(
And dancing around like a loony I guess. I did dancing in college and I'd just love to do some dancing right now but obviously can't as I don't want to hurt baby :( xxx

oh i miss cycling the most, used to go our four or five times a week and go on 40-60K cycles for hours. totally loved it. now im shatttered just walking to the shop and bacl. Also miss going out with the girls at the weekends clubbing or just round thier house having a few.

Last edited:
My body
My life style
My social life
Cigs
Booze
High heels
Skinny jeans
Work
My energy
Can't keep up with my 2 year old no more :(
Money ha
Runny eggs
Soft cheese
An all other food u can't have
My emotional sanity

List is endless x x but all worth it for what seems a long time but really isn't in the grand scene of things

My body
My life style
My social life
Cigs
Booze
High heels
Skinny jeans
Work
My energy
Can't keep up with my 2 year old no more :(
Money ha
Runny eggs
Soft cheese
An all other food u can't have
My emotional sanity

List is endless x x but all worth it for what seems a long time but really isn't in the grand scene of things

totally agree with all that!! (although i dont have the 2 yr old to keep up with!)

Dont think iv had to give anything up really, i didnt drink or smoke before and iv got 2 kids allready so very very rarely went out, allready had a family sized car big enough for 3 kids too. I still have a a cuppa on a morning but its decaf so all good, allthough cant wait to get my energy back im knackered after taking the kids to school and there school is only across the road (down a little hill tho lol). Not long to go now though all worth it for the little one xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back