so what have we all given up?

missac

Reaction score
What has everyone given up?

I hae given up mayo (boring sandwiches) tuna, tea, coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, brie and stilton (grrr)

I can't give up cocacola but I am moderating!

Can we have philadelphia cheese? I fancy a bagel! Any ideas on sandwich fillers? I found out today that branston pickle is not my friend!

Help everything is rubbish! Also I had a chinese take away last night, and got very extited, had the usual, pancake roll and chicken and cashew nuts, then as I had finished my pancake roll (delish) I had the c&cn up to my mouth when I realises I wasn;t aloud nuts, chicken and cashews is just not the same without cashews! :x

I ate nuts with Damien, had the odd beer/wine, smoked half way through (naughty yes I know :oops: ).
I am scared of mayo (don't ask!), and never ate pate (it's just wrong eating organs) and smelly cheese is just vile. Would you at mouldy bread!? :shock: :puke: I am a little fussy :lol:

You can eat Tuna (1 or 2 tins a week max), you can eat Hellmans (just not fresh mayo), you can drink tea or coffee, just try and limit it to not much more than 5 cups a day! You can drink coke, just again, try to limit it.

I didn't change much when pg with Damien if I'm honest! I just made sure I always washed salads, never ordered salad in a restaurant unless I knew it was fresh and washed, and never had salad dressing (which I think is rank anyway :lol: ). Won't be changing much this time either. :D

sounds like you have it right! My dh won't let me have anything!

My DF has no say in it! I'm carrying the baby so it's up to me! (Within sensible reason of course!). I think sometimes people get far too obsessed with what you can and cannot eat. It wasn't long ago they said to eat alot of liver or something as it contained lots of iron, till they realised it wasn't a good idea years later :roll: They change their minds far too often for me to take it all seriously.

I've limited my alcohol to 1 or 2 units a week, check all the dates on food a lot more and make sure meat and eggs are well cooked. Thats about it really, although i am quite fussy about eating out now. Wouldn't have a kebab :puke:

I've given up stilton, but I had pate last night and still have peanut butter. My MW said just don't eat anything that will give you food poisioning and drink alcohol in moderation. Bless her :hug:

Only thing that I have given up on is a lot of alcohol.

I'm sticking to 1 to 2 units per week, I'm still eating cashews...in fact that's what I'm tucking into as we speak!...problem is peanuts and that's only really if you or your OH have a history of allergies.

Sami is right with the mayo and stuff and caffeine intake is still allowed..stil within the limits of what I would normally drink anyway.

I'm the same as Kellie, just make sure that things are cooked better and ok... if you think back to what our grandparents and parents ate with us and I'm sure we've not done too badly! :D

ive given up everything :( am not taking any risks with this baby xxxx

there are so many conflicting things, to be honest I;m off most things although I just had a beautiful toasted bagel with phillidelphia cheese on it, and salt and vinegar crisps and I am just about to have a piece of fruit cake that I made earlier. (i'm not a domestic goddess by the way, not actually sure what came over me!!!)

I have given up tea, coffee, cokecola, peanut butter, alcohol, runny eggs, pate ....can't think of much else at the moment,

miss the alcohol mostly...... that glass of wine at the end of the day !!!!!!!

Oh those were the days !!!!!!!!

i have given up tea alcohol ,runny eggs and mayo to be on the safe side :)

I've given up pate, soft cheese (my god I miss brie), runny eggs, and i've pretty much given up alcohol (though craving lager so have the occassional swig from OH's bottle of bud)!

Not being too fussy, and have reduced tea & coffee intake a little bit. I was at a friends wedding reception last night and was supping away at coke after coke after coke, then had the most almighty stomach pains ever :shock: ! So I've given up coke now too!

Emmylou said:
Not being too fussy, and have reduced tea & coffee intake a little bit. I was at a friends wedding reception last night and was supping away at coke after coke after coke, then had the most almighty stomach pains ever :shock: ! So I've given up coke now too!

I had 3 glasses of coke the other night when I went to the pub to catch up with a mate and had stomach pains too! How random!

Can I ask... runny eggs? What would you eat runny egg on? Like fried egg with runny yolk? I've never eaten runny egg, is it safe if you're not pregnant? I don't actually eat anything I shouldn't eat when pregnant! Not a very adventurous person with food :lol:

Runny egg, well normally I have poached eggs with runny yolk on toast. Or runny egg and soldiers, but that is one of the things that I've given up come to think of it :?

Ive given up cigs and alcohol.

Cigs, well forever now, I dont see the point in starting again after I have had the Bambino! Alcohol, ive had one 1/2 lager thats ot so far, but once Im 4-5 months Im going to marbella and then lanzarote so I will be drinking there, but in complete moderation, I just didnt wanna drink AT ALL in the first 3 months of development.

I dont like nuts anyway so thats a bonus, I love pate but only ever ate it if we went out for a meal, which we rarley do now lol so thats not missed, I dont drink coke, I do have runny yoked eggs (on toast, for soilders etc) which Im missing but Im just having omlettes instead. Nothing else were not ''allowed'' to have I ate before anyway so I feel the only things ive given up at cigs and alcohol

Sami said:
Emmylou said:

I had 3 glasses of coke the other night when I went to the pub to catch up with a mate and had stomach pains too! How random!

Can I ask... runny eggs? What would you eat runny egg on? Like fried egg with runny yolk? I've never eaten runny egg, is it safe if you're not pregnant? I don't actually eat anything I shouldn't eat when pregnant! Not a very adventurous person with food :lol:

I love runny eggs with soldiers. so boiled egg with runny yolk - and wierder of all - but the tastiest! Is a runny cracked egg on a pizza! Fiorentina at Pizza Express, spinach & garlic with mozzarella and crcked egg with a runny yolk that then explodes all over the pizza when you stick your knife in it! Yum Yum! Roll on April when I can eat it again. Its perfectly safe for you, as long as the eggs are british standard. So check for the stamp on the egg shell.

How wierd that you had the same thing with coke?! I think it perhaps just makes you bloated - it defintiely made me bloated and my stomach went as hard as a football!

I havent given up anything! I dont drink or smoke anyway, I also have never liked tea or coffee.

I generally have a healthy diet so I dont really have to change any of it. I still have my eggs yokey as its a salmonela thing which I think is a rubbish scare anyway, and I dont believe they do any harm, So long as the eggs are fresh and the whites are cooked Im eating them.

Im not eating peanuts, but never really did anyway, cause my brother suffered bad food allergies so I know I have it in the family.

Oh and I had a craving for a prawn sandwich last week :oops:

I think at the end of the day its a case of being sensible, I woudnt eat shell fish that was at a n outdoor function or that had not come out of a chiller right before eating or anything that I feel carries the risk of food poisening.

I've given up brie (very hard) and runny eggs and try to avoid peanuts but have the occasional tracker bar. I have the very occassional half glass of white wine and I don't smoke so that's not a problem.

I love medium rare beef so don't have it at all now - might as well chew leather as eat cremated beef.....!

We just have to remember it will all be worth it in the end when we have our little ones all healthy and lovely.

I love love love rare beef, yummy yummy! My sister is getting married in two weeks and they are having beef at the wedding and I know it is going to be the beautiful rare fillet!! The ONLY way to cook beef! I think I am going to have to ask them to cook mine a little longer! Or will one be alright?

I've given up booze, the recommended cheeses (brie etc) which is hard as I love cheese and seafood. Don't smoke so no worries there. At the moment it's not really a question of what I'm not allowed to eat but more a question of what I just can't face eating, which happens to be all the things I used to love, including chocolate, salads and fruit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back