Given up smoking cold turkey.......arrrrrrggghhhh

netty

Reaction score
I am about 5-6 weeks and from last sat when i found out I have given up smoking...... i was just reading that doing this can cause stress to the baby :-( but I dare not smoke and would rather be irritable than harm it with the fags..... some girls on yahoo are saying just have 1-2 a week? stress wont hurt my baby more than smoking surely? Have I done the right thing here!

Good luck hun!
When I was pregnant my midwife told me to cut down before giving up to lessen the stress! But if you can do it in 1 go then I would think that's better!
It will get easier! I promise!
XxX

my mum said she did the same with me and my brother, it has got to be better than smoking surely. I am using these forums as way of distraction and so far it is working! Thanks for the support i hope others can do the same i will quit forever now

Last edited:
thanks hun i am not super stressed i am just so early so panicing about evrything lol. How do you get so many pregnancy tickers on your signature? I can only do the one

It's natural to worry :hug: I wonder if I'll ever stop tbh! Just remember, everyone seems to be really different with symptoms.

If you click on my tickers that'll take you to the websites for them. I've had to paste them in the sig box beneath each other with no spaces for them all to fit, if that makes sense!!

xxx

I could have sneaked a smoke anytime as my partner is smoking ( but banned to outside! ) but i just daren't do a thing to hurt my little egg!! This forum has made me feel somuch better though, I am actually excited now about my little baby! I have names picked and everything

Good luck hun, you can do it.
Just think of your little bean in there. x

Go you. You're def doing the best thing for your bubba without a doubt.x

I cant wait!! have you picked names?I Have opened up a new thread in the forum for them chatting on this site has made me super excited ( managed to get another ticker on my signature cheers for help)

:dance:i found out a week ago and quit on friday morning, going totally cold turkey for pretty much the same amount of time as you hun, id kill for a fag but somehow saying that makes me not need one. my OH has banned himself to outside so i can always pinch one of his if i get too stressed but so far its not been too bad. congrats to you for doing so well !:wave:

good luck to you. I am trying to stop too. I am 5 weeks pregnant. My doctor told me not to stop completely as it will really stress the baby. he said that i should cut down wach day. and that was me only smoking 10 a day before that. I am down to 6 a day just now. Hopefuly be next week i will have stopped x

well thats what I was worried about but i am not too stressed to be honest, it it the best reason for me to quit I just have to find something to occupy my mind, I am going to give knitting a go! i was a light smoker anyway no more than ten a day I would say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back