The Biggest Thing You've Given Up

Emma58 said:
Oooh I have thought of another thing I have had to give up - Handling our snakes we have 5 pet snakes and I can't really handle them :( because they possibly could carry Salmonella.

hun you can still handle them all you want just make sure you wash your hands alot with anti bac handwash after.
i have a waterdragon and she carries the same threat and hubby cant handle her at all!!
have held friends snakes aswell :)
manda xx

Ive given up smoking after 10+ years.. I was a right fag hag! I loved smoking but now I cannot believe how gross it is! I was at Maccy D's the other day and sat outside a couple were smoking and I was heaving - and my god does that get in your throat! I couldnt believe I had been so gross for so long! NEVER again.

Ive given up drinking - I loved a couple of cocktails at the weekends and really miss them but Il be celebrating when bubs is born. I still have a couple of glasses of wine a week but my cocktails are a tad too strong for baby!

I given up taking my anxiety medication. After years of suffering anxiety & depression I finally managed to get my medication down to just beta blockers. They also helped with high BP. When I became preggo I knew Id have to stop taking them and after 3 years of being on them I have to say it was pretty scary. I do get paniky now and again but alot of it is mind over matter and Im doing really well to control it.

Thats about all I given up I think :think:

x

My hubby wants to know if he can bike sit for u.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
he loves bikes but i'm too scared to let him get another...i know mean,,, :twisted: he was just dribbling at those pics!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

manda224 said:
Emma58 said:
Oooh I have thought of another thing I have had to give up - Handling our snakes we have 5 pet snakes and I can't really handle them :( because they possibly could carry Salmonella.

hun you can still handle them all you want just make sure you wash your hands alot with anti bac handwash after.
i have a waterdragon and she carries the same threat and hubby cant handle her at all!!
have held friends snakes aswell :)
manda xx

I thought that it would be OK I always use Anti Bac handwash and that stuff that hospitals to kill germs but I have been too scared :(
We have just got three new baby Royal Pythons and i'd love to hold them they are so cute.

AnnaR2B said:
My hubby wants to know if he can bike sit for u.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
he loves bikes but i'm too scared to let him get another...i know mean,,, :twisted: he was just dribbling at those pics!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
My OH was considering selling his bike, but I won't let him I love it too much. She sounds beautiful when he starts her up :rotfl:

My god i'm sounding as bad as him :rotfl: :rotfl: I can't believe I love it so much normally i'm a proper girly!

I can't say I've given up much... wasn't a huge drinker (what I did drink before I knew I was pregnant tasted vile - that was my first sign!) and didn't smoke. I loved decorating our new flat but seeing as it's Victorian and has ceilings more than 3m high I've been banned from using the ladder. OH actually picked up a paintbrush for the baby's room last week :shock:.

I have pets, too, some guinea pigs. As long as I wear gloves when cleaning them they've been OK'd by the doc and midwife though the bending is soon to become an issue! My mum has offered to help out with the cleaning etc of them which is nice of her.

Haven't given up too much of a social life either because a lot of my friends are married and trying, pregnant or have young babies. Ah well!

Really hot baths :D & a few drinks when out with the girls its just not the same when everyone else is drinking and you cant.

Oh and the fact that im going to have to rely on oh for money as i will only be on smp and im used to earning my own money and spending it on what i want.

I wouldnt have it any other way though :D

The biggest thing for me so far has been not being able to drink over xmas and new year, I didn't drink loads before getting pg though so it's not a big deal.

I'm missing hot baths too. Bathing isn't the same now :(

andreaaa said:
Happybunny what is your job? Is there no way you could continue in your spare time at home (say when baby is sleeping maybe?) Guess it depends what it is really. Being a SAHM is very rewarding but also boring at times and challenging. I will have to earn money but will do this around baby and he will be working with me :)

Hello :wave:
I am a Special Needs teacher. I think the thing that bothers me most is that I know it will be very very difficult to find another school as great as the one I am at. It is the best school I have ever been at; it is so child focused (instead of results focused) and the staff are supported and encouraged. Believe me, schools like mine are few and far between.
However, the beauty of my profession is that I can do a day's supply here and there to keep my hand in and my school have already said they would have me back for supply when I feel ready. I suppose that is the optimum situation really....I can be a SAHM, but have a day or two each month doing what I love and talking to adults :D
I just fear change :lol:

Ive given up self harm, I don't wanna be doing stuff like that around a baby/small child, and im happier for it too :)

woop! over 10months :cheer:

Well i have never smoked and not a heavy drinker, so I think the main thing I have given up is cothes shopping!!!!

Things I have given up:

* Unicycling (now an absolute impossibility)
* Clothes shopping (good one Soph!)
* Alcohol (though only 2 units a week before so not major)
* PHILADELPHIA cheese (I MISS IT!)
* My career pretty much

Oh well - she's worth it as L'Oreal say.

You can eat philadelphia...its pasteurised...i eat it all the time...with coriander and sweet chilli sauce on crackers..mmmmmm :cheer:

debecca said:
Things I have given up:
* PHILADELPHIA cheese (I MISS IT!)

Why have you given up Philadelphia?? We can still eat it can't we???
I haven't stoppped eating it.

Bummer. I thought we weren't allowed ANY soft cheese.

I'm an eejit :rotfl:

debecca said:
Bummer. I thought we weren't allowed ANY soft cheese.

I'm an eejit :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Aww you poor thing missing out on Philadelphia all this time.
I eat loads of it - I love it.
Go and buy some and eat it all later to make up for not having any! :wink:

think i'll go with the life one... stopped smoking stopped drinking don't go out anymore!!! love my growing belly but it is a big change xx

The biggest thing i have to give up which i never really had but was going to buy one in october was a car

I love fast cars and was going to get either a Seat leon cupra or a VW golf VR6 but that is now impossible with the twins on the way and also a 2year old!!!!

xx

Dear me, Tegala - you might not be able to take part in cheese and wine parties, but being pregnant doesn't ban you from having fun! I spent my pregnancy taking my horse to shows for a friend to ride (wished I was riding him myself but enjoyed seeing him from a viewpoint I don't normally get,) being the number one groupy at my OH's gigs (he is singer in a band, and played at a charity festival the day I was due!) and at his cricket matches, going to the pub afterwards and testing every alcohol-free drink they had, and mixing together weird and wonderful combos to see if they were any more exciting than they were alone, spent New Year in a ski resort with a dozen of my close friend (couldn't ski, but the snow was rubbish so we all did other things together anyway), and then a couple of months later went to Lapland for my sister's wedding, where we husky mushed, snowmobiled, watched the Northern Lights, ate weird artic stuff (reindeer steak with cloudberry sauce?) off plates made of ice, and I also went camping with 30 friends and all of their horses at 28 weeks (one of my friends is a midwife and one is a GP, so had that covered.)

If your only hobby is getting lashed, you are not going to have fun for years and years! Alternatively you can make life as fun as you can and get on with it.

The biggest thing I gave up was working. Can't fly while pregnant. Has made things, er, interesting on the finance front, but hey,ho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back