what tips have you been given?

natalie9119

Reaction score
hi all, was just wondering what tips you have all been given for when your in labour? Ive been told to keep as active as possible as gravity helps (which it would) also ive been told to take a straw into hospital so its easier to drink??? why> i have no idea? come on then what have you been told?? :lol:

not heard of the strwa one but its a good idea i suppose.

tips i was given was to take games and magazines to read. Makes me laugh now :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i could never had had a game f chase the ace whilst having contractions! :rotfl:

im still trying to get ideas

but i will be taking my big ball with me! hehe

yes take your ball with you hev!

what do contractions feel like? i dont even know if ive had braxton hicks :? :?

i dont remeber what my contractions felt like, i just remeber loads of pressure down below

i know im taking my mp3 player with me, im gonna have a go at singing the pain away.... lol probably for first 2 mins then its pain relief all the way lol. Im seriously getting scared now, could happen tonight is all i keep thinking! :?

hevwithbump said:
what do contractions feel like? i dont even know if ive had braxton hicks :? :?

hev they really hurt. But not a pain i can describe to you. Its like a wave of pain that builds up and up and makes you feel like someones squeazing your tummy. When you are having one you sort of go into your own world and if you're really good you'll learn to breath through them or do omething to make it easier.
personally i couldn't bare anyone touching me and i prefered to be left alone in my own bubble.

Everyones contractions are different too. As are everyones pain threshold. Hev don't worry about contractions yet. :hug: :hug:

i like hugs do you.
Im a very huggy person.

4.gif

talking of contractions did any of you experienced moms have the contractions while baby is moving, reason I'm asking is because from time to time it does hurt when baby moves and there seems to be some tightening - or is it just my wishful thinking?????

daggers...i have been having exactly the same thing, not sure if its pressure of the baby on my bladder or if it is pains, some of them take my breath away!!!

when i stand up i'm in pain.when i sit down its not as bad though.

thought i might be in labour this morning because i was getting a lot, but no not yet :wall:

ive been told to listen to the midwifes, push when they tell you to and pant when they tell you to.

I can't breath through my contractions i just cry through them :oops: ,gonna try so hard to stay calm this time :pray: ,it does help if you listen to the midwife and do as she tells you but when you are having that sort of pain you are more likely to tell her to fook off and then feel really bad afterwards :hug: xx

natalie9119 said:
i know im taking my mp3 player with me, im gonna have a go at singing the pain away.... lol probably for first 2 mins then its pain relief all the way lol. Im seriously getting scared now, could happen tonight is all i keep thinking! :?

i thought music would be good but it annoyed the hell outta me

..i dont think you'll be thinking of a straw either i'm sure you wont have any problem drinking!! all i wanted to do was get up and walk round the room as fast as i could coz contractions are worse when your sitting, the gravity must have helped coz i pushed him out in 25 mins.

out of all the crap i packed in my bag all i needed was my pyjamas for after (ended up stripping my birthing top off coz it was too hot...) and the babys clothes and nappies..my knickers, hairbrush and maternity pads that about it!
and once your in labour the only thing you'll care about is getting the baby out..you wont even think about whats in your bag (unless your stocking some good drugs in there)
a birthing ball might be useful

can i take it all back please i was excited, now im not :cry: i have no pain threshold, once i had the runs sorry tmi and it really hurt my tummy so much that i went into a+e :lol: :oops: thats how bad i am lol..anyone know if i can rent gas and air for when i am at home? lol

its not that bad i found it quite fun..esp when my waters burst all over the midwife when i was pushing!

I must say I am getting really really nervous about the whole labour thing now :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back