The Biggest Thing You've Given Up

andreaaa

Reaction score
What is the biggest thing you have given up for your baby so far? It might be drinking, smoking, nights out, a hobby etc.

I gave up drinking and smoking. I won't stay T-Total after I've had the baby but I'm never going to start smoking again. I gave up with my other pregnancies too but started again after they were born :( although I have never smoked around them, always went outside.

However, the biggest thing I have given up for Baby Bump is riding my bike. I haven't been on since I found out I was pregnant as I didn't feel the risk was worth it. I have since sold my bike in order to afford to be able to work from home etc especially so I don't have to go back to work when baby is born.

I will definately be getting another though, probably after baby's first year :)

This was my bike, Tigger :cry:

Tigger.jpg

ive given up smoking and i wont be going back to it
also given up my size 8 jeans lol :)
erm drinking heavily at the weekends (just have the odd tipple now)
oh eggs lol as they still make me sick
nothing really hobby wise
manda xx

Lol Missjennypenny, that is definately the biggest :lol:

LOL seriously though, I have never smoked, hardly drank & didnt have a motorbike! Still feel like ive given a lot up though, that i used to take for granted.

But i have definitely lost my sanity (dam hormones!) and a good nights sleep (toilet trips & uncomy bump!)

smoking had definitely been the biggest thing. Smoked for 12 years (since i was 15) and i reckon if i hadnt given up because of pregnancy, i never would have. I didnt find it hard luckily, and i wanted to give up with the smoking ban anyway. Its now that im 'clean' (lol) that i realise how utterly minging smoking is!! Friends and family who smoke ae all really smelly to me now, and if i smell it i feel sick :puke: :puke: :puke:

Its good really. I went back to it after having beth....never again.

And i do miss getting a bit drunk at the weekend, but i think my liver needed a rest anyway :rotfl:

Also, brie and bacon sarnies and fried eggs :oops:

Hmmm, difficult. Maybe my dependence on pills. I usually take pills for everything...it is good though, I have been surprised at how my body can fight coughs, colds, headaches etc all by itself.

I think the biggest thing I am going to give up for this baby is my job.
I have always wanted to be a stay at home mum, however, I never thought I would have a job that I love so much.

Nobody is forcing me to give up work, it is my own decision. So many people would like to be SAHM but sadly don't get the opportunity, so I really should grab it with both hands. I can always return to work when my LO goes to school.....but it is a massive life changing decision and I would be lying If I said I didn't have one or two reservations.

I have had to give up the bike too :(

We have a fireblade too :D

Happybunny what is your job? Is there no way you could continue in your spare time at home (say when baby is sleeping maybe?) Guess it depends what it is really. Being a SAHM is very rewarding but also boring at times and challenging. I will have to earn money but will do this around baby and he will be working with me :)

Emma - wow another biker :D which fireblade do you have? Mine was the Urban Tiger (RRS) and my hubby had an RRW (which looks like a tiger lol the orange and black one). Hubby had sold his so that he could afford his car test and a van for work, so we were sharing mine. I will definately get another Blade, I had an R6 before but this was the best bike I have ever had... Was absolutely gutted when it had to go

Ooooo yeah lets see some piccys :D

I'll get my hubby to post pics of Molly-Emma in a min (he is on the forum as JP). Molly was his Blade.

On a side note I ended up going out to a rock pub in my sidi boots last night cause my feet were too swollen to wear anything else :rotfl: luckily though it was a biker's rock night so I didn't look to out of place... although i'm not sure they went with my dress :think:

This was our first blade

myblade.jpg

This is our new one :D

FinishedBlade.jpg

I miss going out on it. I don't ride my OH does but i love going out on it.

i've had to give up heavy training, I'm a pro bodybuilder and british champ and since ive eased off the weights i've lost 3 years worth of muscle development and will lose my pro card for not competing .

i've had to give up my job where i travel from gym to gym running promotions as i cant keep a baby in my suitcase in my caravan or holiday flat.

i've had to leave the area where my home is based to take an opportunity for a settled place of work

BUT I WOULDNT CHANGE A THING :D :D :D :D :D

andreaaa said:
Ooooo yeah lets see some piccys :D

I'll get my hubby to post pics of Molly-Emma in a min (he is on the forum as JP). Molly was his Blade.

On a side note I ended up going out to a rock pub in my sidi boots last night cause my feet were too swollen to wear anything else :rotfl: luckily though it was a biker's rock night so I didn't look to out of place... although i'm not sure they went with my dress :think:

Aww Molly - Emma what a fab name!!

Love the colours on your first one :)

Your new one is sexy!!!

I miss it so much! The last time I went out was for the MCN weekend in Skegness. I rode there (with DH on the back) and he rode back cause we were sharing :) I was pregnant then, around 5 weeks, but I didn't know at the time. I could never get in my leathers now lol.

I used to love going pillion before I passed myself but find it very hard now to let someone else be in control. I only did my test 18 months ago. Do you think you'll do yours at some point?

Great pics btw :)

Gymbabeliz - sounds like you have given up a lot :hug:

Like you said though, it's all worth it... and it really is :)

Funny side - I get your forum name now, when I first saw your posts I thought it was Gym-bab-eliz and wondered what it meant :lol:

andreaaa said:
Love the colours on your first one :)

Your new one is sexy!!!

I miss it so much! The last time I went out was for the MCN weekend in Skegness. I rode there (with DH on the back) and he rode back cause we were sharing :) I was pregnant then, around 5 weeks, but I didn't know at the time. I could never get in my leathers now lol.

I used to love going pillion before I passed myself but find it very hard now to let someone else be in control. I only did my test 18 months ago. Do you think you'll do yours at some point?

Great pics btw :)

The 'old' one was sooo comfy but our new one is excellent.

I don't know if i would have the bottle to ride one I think I much prefer to be passenger.
I can't remember the last time I went out on ours - probably just before I found out I was pregnant.
I can't believe how envious I feel when OH goes out for a ride though.

I have given up Martial Arts and my social life
My mates from Martial Arts keep in touch but i no longer go to the groups nights out now that ive stoped going to classes. I have to admit to being the life and soul of most parties and i miss dancing till 3 in the morning. :( But i wouldnt change it for the world i am carrying the most precious cargo. :D any way i dont have the energy these days.
I have given up clothes shopping every time i went on a night out id buy a whole new out fit dress, bag, jewlery and shoes to match. Now i'm not going out much, cant fit in to much, and feel gulit for spending any money on myself.I feel i have to save every penny for my Bubba. I do not go shopping any where as much. :(
I never smoked, i can live with out alcohol quite happily, and i don't like eggs. so ive been alright :)
I tried but could not give up chocolate crisps and the like though i try to limit intake not easy over xmas period. :oops:

Oooh I have thought of another thing I have had to give up - Handling our snakes we have 5 pet snakes and I can't really handle them :( because they possibly could carry Salmonella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back