What am I doing wrong?

Brilliant Hun!! Glad u got a lie in!!
There are so many diff shapes and sizes to try.. Lilyanna has the mam ones atm.. She does mess about n bite it so it pops out and sometimes gags :( but she takes it in the end and sucks the hell out of it lol!! I also find it handy when she gets angry at bf.. Dummy to chill her out and then try again on breast :)

Good to hear hun. I think Anton is going through a growth spurt as he started finishing top up bottles and wanting more
Good luck with the dummy, i gave up after 4 months, he starts screaming when i give him one lol.
I will think about weaning at 5 months too.
Try and stick to the same feeding times +- 30 mins if you can, i had to distract him and stretch for 15 mins so he would take more during the feed and go longer
sent from my Galaxy s2

Brilliant Hun!! Glad u got a lie in!!
There are so many diff shapes and sizes to try.. Lilyanna has the mam ones atm.. She does mess about n bite it so it pops out and sometimes gags :( but she takes it in the end and sucks the hell out of it lol!! I also find it handy when she gets angry at bf.. Dummy to chill her out and then try again on breast :)

Kayden does this too with the gagging, but only with the flat dummies, he doesn't do it with the cherry ones. He is teething so throws himself about like a loony when I try & feed him, I put the dummy in for a few mins til he's calm then try again & it normally works.

Oh and nice one Sarah! He's maybe just a hungry boy then! He was prem wasn't he? Was just thinking I remember hearing that prem babies can be harder to feed?! Duno if thats when first born or after. Could it be maybe he's not feeding right & thats why he's not sleeping right?! Just a ramdom thought.

:)

Yeah he was a bit prem and I have thought that's maybe why he's fed a lot and been a bit needy but his adjusted age would be 12 weeks now so can't use that excuse forever lol! Just tried a cherry dummy while he wasnt grumpy but I made him grumpy! He def seems to be teething just now so maybe why he's comforting a bit, plus I'm sure he got into the habit of it while he was ill a couple of weeks ago!

Have u tried teething gel?

Little miss yeah the flat ones she's got.. She's so dinky the other ones cover her nose too much so we've had to use the smallest face covering ones we could find which we're the flat mam ones.. She's getting bigger now finally out of her tiny baby clothes (first time I've had to shop for her!) so gonna see if I can find some small ones in a different shape.. I've always liked the orthodontic shaped ones :)

Just tried her on the tommee tippee dummy that came with her sterilizer as it looks small.. Look at the difference! It covers her nose and won't go fully in her mouth! The other one is the proper tiny tiny mam ones I don't think I'll be able to get her any other ones :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327258112.531174.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327258112.531174.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327258125.858691.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327258125.858691.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi Sarah sorry to hear your lo still doesn't sleep.

Here are some ideas, sorry if I'm repeating some things that other girls said - no time to read all the posts in this threads.

The bath should not be too warm - 33-34 degrees C. I also find its better to bath my lo in the full adult bath, not in the baby one, he can have a good wriggle then and tire himself out.

We start getting ready for the bed at 8.30 - massage, exercises (doing bycicles with legs, waving arms around etc), then a bath (min 10 minutes), then we go to bed and George has a nice very long feed. He falls asleep at about 11-11.30, and usually sleeps very well. Some people would say that babies should go to bed earlier, but this works for us, I tried to put him to bed earlier, and G slept so much worse. Maybe he is an owl or smth. Maybe Kynon is as well? I can't say that we have free evenings, but as he lets me sleep through the night, I don't mind it!

JM she's gorgeous! Even with the dummy taking up half her face!! The one on the left is massive. We've been using those exact mam ones (cept in boys colours! :)) they fit fine. Just tried TT cherry ones (only cherry ones I could find in boots) they take up as much space as mam ones & dont fall out as much, took a while for him to get used to them tho) Not sure which ones to stick to :eh:

She's so cute JM! She must be like a cute little doll!

Thanks ilove, think I'll try out the big bath idea I still squash him in the small one as our bath is huge and takes a while to fill!

Thanks ladies she's my little angel! :D the mam ones I started with we're the I love mummy/daddy ones which are bigger width wise but these are much smaller.. The TT one looks so diddy and the teat but is much smaller than the mam ones.. Just can't get anything small enough lol!
I still bath her in the bathroom sink she's so small!! Gonna try and find some more tomorrow.. I'll see if I can find the TT ones you mentioned..

Last edited:
I have never thot of using the bathroom sink!! I've been bloody breaking my back each night reaching into the normal bath. Leaving the baby bath behind when we move house in 2 weeks, just gona go straight to normal bath maybe buy a sponge thing.

I found the z shaped terry toweling thing was by far the best.. Used for both my girls after trying many things as my back is really bad.. Only about £9 in mothercare.. So glad my sink is still big enough for her it's gonna kill my back in the bath!

Oh yes it does hurt my back to hold him in the big bath, but he seems to love it. sometimes we have a bath together - it's much easier to hold him then, and I love our bath cuddles :)

Oh and I think it's actually easier to bath G in a big bath in a way, as while he was in the small bath he was constantly kicking one side of the bath and would bang his head on the other side if I didn't hold him really tight. In the big bath he can kick his legs as much as he wants and I don't need to worry about his head :)

Kayden gets really excited in his bath we've been lucky coz he's loved it since his very first one, he kicks himself about like crazy & smacks his head off the top

Kynon loves his bath too, def too big in his baby one. I sit it in the big bath and lean over, kills my back too. I got one of those folding bath seats, I'm going to try it tonight in big bath. Think I might try getting in with him ilove, do you manage by yourself or does your OH help out when you do that?

My oh brings him in and takes him out when we have baths together. If he couldn't, I probably could do it on my own - we have a rubber mat in the bath so it's not slippery, so I could get in while holding lo. After we had enough, I would probably drain out the water so I could leave lo in the empty bath and get out first, and then pick him up.

My 2 p worth - if I bathe him in a big bath,I have DH help me - I usually make the bath hot, enjoy it and when it cools down, DH brings lo and we bathe him,then DH takes him out whilst I get dressed etc.

My back would kill me if I was not in a bath. Massage does make him more tired though but I have to do it for quite a long time.

Have you seen an article recently http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16492490? Maybe it will partially explain why

P.S:I have a short tempered baby who is more likely to be overweight but hey ho!

Last edited:
My mil mentiOned that some Moses stands like the one she bought me can be used as a baby bath stand.. May be easier than putting small bath in big bath?

Id love to take Issac in the big bath because its not often he likes the small bath but i worry i like my baths so hot that when it cooled enough for him to come in id find it freezing
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back