What am I doing wrong?

sarah didnt get a chance to read the whole thread. hows kynon with re-settling. is it possible hes crying coz he cant get bk to sleep rather than coz hes hungry, he may feed for comfort and help getting bk to sleep rather than milk. have you tried the re-settling techniques? which dont involve leaving baby to cry. i find if kayden cries thro the night & I lift him out his cot, he is wide awake, but If I re-settle while in his cot, he goes to sleep just as quickly, took ages to get to this stage but now just touching his face seems to comfort him. and because he's not been disturbed too much he drifts back off.

:)

Not going to be much help but i found its a bit better if he is awake for 2 hours before bed. I dim the lights, i have slumber bear which plays white noise and womb sounds but it doesnt work unfortunately. He needs to comfort suck otherwise he screams blue murder. On Thursday i had groceries delivery around 8 and had to leave him upstairs for 3-4 minutes. He cried so hard he vomited. :(
He did start waking up once but after i introduced dream feed at 11. Can you express and do dream feed? My friend who exclusively breastfeeds does it without expressing though, she just takes him out of the cot.
I am trying massage now to see if it helps. I find he gets too excited in a bath.
Its normal for them not to sleep through until 6 months at least. 6 hours in a row is considered sleeping through though if that helps.

sent from my Galaxy s2

That's good to know, you often wonder why your baby isn't sleeping so long as others and waking more, he has gone 6 hours a couple of times when I was visiting my mums at Christmas, her house is like a sauna so maybe because he was more cosy there!
I can express but he won't take a bottle but maybe I could lift him and do a dream feed, I did it a few times a while back when he was younger.

Try the dream feed, it has worked for me. I also found my LO likes beibg warm so i have 4 layers (2 blankets). Try thd hot water bottle but then again didnt make a difference for me.
People swear by slumber bear which has motion sensor so when lo wakes up it plays noise to settle them.
My lo is immune to pretty much everything but try these things, maybe something will help

sent from my Galaxy s2

sarah didnt get a chance to read the whole thread. hows kynon with re-settling. is it possible hes crying coz he cant get bk to sleep rather than coz hes hungry, he may feed for comfort and help getting bk to sleep rather than milk. have you tried the re-settling techniques? which dont involve leaving baby to cry. i find if kayden cries thro the night & I lift him out his cot, he is wide awake, but If I re-settle while in his cot, he goes to sleep just as quickly, took ages to get to this stage but now just touching his face seems to comfort him. and because he's not been disturbed too much he drifts back off.

:)

It's more that he won't go down at night and still waking every 2-3 hours most nights he does seem hungry and feeds for about half hour and will go back down once he's fed but he won't go down earlier than about 9.30pm then up at 8am.

It seems to be breast fed babies that wake more often at night, it's cos our milk is easier to digest than formula eh?? I was trying to get Cam into a routine but I may as well admit defeat as he totally dictates to me really. He does go 4 -5 hours when I first put him down at night but gets up a couple of hours after that again. Shame we can't make hungry baby boob milk lol. White noise works a treat for him, he loves it thank goodness :)
Have you tried to avoid interacting with him later in the evening so he's not too stimulated? Does he take a dummy? Or try rocking him to sleep maybe? X

Baths usually wake lilyanna up too so I bath her in the morning instead of at night like I did with the girls.. U say he won't take a dummy have you tried latex ones? Jaycee hated silicone even the bottle teats but latex ones worked.. My nephew was constantly crying and wouldn't settle with a silicone dummy so I bought him some latex ones and it done the trick!!

Also maybe try some formula at night to fill him up if its an option for you?
As for your title your not doing anything wrong babe :hug:

Last edited:
One more.. Does he snuggle? He might be a blanket baby.. Ellie was and I think lilyanna is too she pulls the blanket over her cheeks when she's settling in her chair.. When the blanket hits her cheek she shuts her eyes..

Sarah have you tried cherry teat? I can post you cherry latex dummies - one never used at all as my lo spits any out. So at least you can try without spending the money (I have 4 different types at home just kicking about)

Hiya, i know kynon feeds a lot and by your previous posts for quite a while.

Do u swap boobs a lot? Issac was going every 2-3 hours through the day and he only spent 10min on each boob and was winded inbetween the change over. I spoke to my step mom who suggested he might be filling up on the watery fluids first then because my flow is a lot slower he is being fussy and not attching properly, i now give him his ten mins then wind then make him work to get the fatty milk for an extra 5mins, its hard and i squeeze my nipple to make sure i do have plenty and that he is just being lazy then swap boobs and do the same the feed lasts longer but he is sleeping better end going for longer between feeds he is going 4 hours sometimes 5its worked for my days and so may work for you.

Hope it makes sense as I'm on my mobily xx

I have the same problem with lilyanna she gets the fast flow but gets angry when she has to do more work! I do ten mins each side then wind her and try both sides again..

I thought he was getting enough but i felt like all i was doing was feeding he would come off himself but that's because he was full on watery stuff that passed through him too quickly. I'm glad my step mom suggested it it if be pulling my hair out.

X

I thought he was getting enough but i felt like all i was doing was feeding he would come off himself but that's because he was full on watery stuff that passed through him too quickly. I'm glad my step mom suggested it it if be pulling my hair out.

X

I don't think lilyanna ever gets the full stuff coz she feeds on the fast flow then gets angry so I put her on the other side after a few mins of trying again.. Then she falls asleep or doesn't want anymore.. Is this enough for her age? She sleeps ALOT in the day and 12hrs at night I'm worried she's exhausted from not getting enough milk.. But if she wasn't shed surely let me know wouldn't she??

I don't think lilyanna ever gets the full stuff coz she feeds on the fast flow then gets angry so I put her on the other side after a few mins of trying again.. Then she falls asleep or doesn't want anymore.. Is this enough for her age? She sleeps ALOT in the day and 12hrs at night I'm worried she's exhausted from not getting enough milk.. But if she wasn't shed surely let me know wouldn't she??
I had issues with the supply but lo was sleeping at night I guess from sheer exhaustion. As long as she is gaining weight ok, she is fine.

My lo dropped nearly 2 centile lines thats when i started topping up.

You can always do the wee test - they should wee 10 times a day or more.

Sarah have you tried cherry teat? I can post you cherry latex dummies - one never used at all as my lo spits any out. So at least you can try without spending the money (I have 4 different types at home just kicking about)

Thanks for the lovely offer but I got some latex cherry ones, he wont have them either, must have spent a small fortune on dummies!

Thanks for the lovely offer but I got some latex cherry ones, he wont have them either, must have spent a small fortune on dummies!
Lol my LO is the same, he wants breast only to soothe himself. I tried putting his own fingers in his mouth but he pulls a face and spits them out. I feel for you.

I also found Anton needs background - radio is the best so he can hear people talking

Hiya, i know kynon feeds a lot and by your previous posts for quite a while.

Do u swap boobs a lot? Issac was going every 2-3 hours through the day and he only spent 10min on each boob and was winded inbetween the change over. I spoke to my step mom who suggested he might be filling up on the watery fluids first then because my flow is a lot slower he is being fussy and not attching properly, i now give him his ten mins then wind then make him work to get the fatty milk for an extra 5mins, its hard and i squeeze my nipple to make sure i do have plenty and that he is just being lazy then swap boobs and do the same the feed lasts longer but he is sleeping better end going for longer between feeds he is going 4 hours sometimes 5its worked for my days and so may work for you.

Hope it makes sense as I'm on my mobily xx

Thanks, i was told to do this as well so I've always only ever fed from one side each feed so he gets the fatty milk and not just the watery stuff. He feeds for anything from 5 mins to 40 mins and there still seems to be milk in there if I check. He does sometimes get a bit annoyed with the watery stuff sometimes!

One more.. Does he snuggle? He might be a blanket baby.. Ellie was and I think lilyanna is too she pulls the blanket over her cheeks when she's settling in her chair.. When the blanket hits her cheek she shuts her eyes..

He doesn't like the latex dummies either, he does hold his cotton bib so I've started letting him go down with that and been trying to swap it for a cuddle blanket! I would give him a bottle of formula but he refuses the bottle, he used to have expressed milk in a bottle but changed his mind in time for Christmas when mummy wanted a drink!!

It seems to be breast fed babies that wake more often at night, it's cos our milk is easier to digest than formula eh?? I was trying to get Cam into a routine but I may as well admit defeat as he totally dictates to me really. He does go 4 -5 hours when I first put him down at night but gets up a couple of hours after that again. Shame we can't make hungry baby boob milk lol. White noise works a treat for him, he loves it thank goodness :)
Have you tried to avoid interacting with him later in the evening so he's not too stimulated? Does he take a dummy? Or try rocking him to sleep maybe? X

Hungry booby milk would be great! I've been eating loads of oats the last few days to increase my milk supply too! We've down loaded the white noise app today so will try that tonight too. I'd given up trying to set a routine but starting to think he needs a night time one now

Thanks ladies for all your ideas, Im def going to try them out.
It's 8pm and he's still wide awake and not had a nap since he woke at 2pm! I'm going to let him play a bit longer and aim for him to be asleep by 9 instead of 9.30. He's babbling away happily to his baby gym, he was right grumpy and tired before his bath as well! He's had a massage and a 40 minute feed since his bath as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back