What am I doing wrong?

Mrsstuart01

Reaction score
Seem to be having bad nights with Fin just now.
Last night and the night before he would fall asleep on me or feeding but when I put him in his Moses basket he'd start screaming and wake up. He will feed every 3 hours and not be interested the rest of the time so I know he's not hungry.
I'm wondering if it's because he's still so sleepy during the day, he pretty much feeds, stays awake for maybe half an hour at most then goes back to sleep again! When I try and wake him up he just falls back asleep. Is this what's causing me problems at night?
I've tried taking him to bed after his bath when he seems sleepy but he then wakes up and can be awake for up to 4 hours with him falling asleep then screaming when I put him in his basket.
I thought we were doing so well (we were sleeping in our basket for 3-4hours at a time until this week).
Please help!!

4 weeks 2 days pinky.....maybe a growth spurt unsettling him? Albert changed his sleep patterns every night it seemed in the early weeks, could never judge it and then he just slipped into his own routine. When posting on here I had to go by averages lol

I agree with that actually! Babies really rule the roost when newborns!

I wouldn't worry about it hun

I thought we were getting there with Harry (he's 2 months) but them it's all changed again this week!!
My advice- just go with the flow and don't worry about it he's still so little xs

What is he sleeping in? he almost big enouh for a sleeping bag it might help with the transfer over from you

also i used to put a muslin cloth on my chest so when she went to sleep her head was on it and i could move her cloth and all then give her a min to settle and take it away

Babies do all sorts at the start, you not doing anything wrong at all hun its just a learning curve for you and him x

im having same probs but just following keiras lead, seems to work x

You're definitley doing nothing wrong!! 4 weeks is so young babies don't neccessarily know day and night at that age. Newborns are so tough cause they change every single day. Max is 3 months n he still changes his sleeping pattern every night!!

I put pressure on myself thinking I was doing it all wrong but you've really just gotta try chill and go with the flow- babies don't establish routines for months!!

Xxxxxxx

I can't see tickets how old? How are you feeding?

I'm bf.
It's good to get some reassurance! I think I'm just doing all the wrong things!! Sometimes I think he's older than he is cos I see his little personality! Xx

What is he sleeping in? he almost big enouh for a sleeping bag it might help with the transfer over from you
x
At last weigh in he was 8lb 1 so too small for a sleeping bag but that was 2 wks ago. Weigh in tomorrow, really hoping he's big enough for one now as he hates being swaddled and our room is permanently too hot! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back