How many hours out of 24 does your baby sleep?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Sarah13, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

I know Ive just done another sleep type thread and they are all different but Kynon doesn't seem to sleep enough to me. I've got an app on my phone I've been using to add up sleep and when he feeds etc and over the last month, his average sleep in 24 hours is 10-12 hours! I'm sure most babies sleep that just at night at his age. He's quite happy apart from his grumpy time in the evenings and feeds loads and obviously I can't 'make' him sleep, just wondered what other babies slept?

2. catty1

catty1 Well-Known Member

Owens had about 10-12 a day from about 1month old, he just loves being awake!

3. tinks77

tinks77 Well-Known Member

Grace goes about 15-18 on a usual day although may go more if we're out and about in the pram. She only sometimes has those days when she's awake most of the day

4. DW1978

DW1978 Well-Known Member

I use an app too and it says his average sleep per day is just over 13 hours and just under 11 of those are at night xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

5. i.love

i.love Well-Known Member

G sleeps about 9, sometimes 10 hours at night, and I'd say 2-3 hours during the day... I don't think it's a problem. Some adults sleep more then others, so I guess babies can be different this way as well.

6. Belfast girl

Belfast girl Well-Known Member

at 6 months emma sleeps 14 hours a day, 12 of those at night
    at 3 months she slept 15 hours a day, 13 of those at night
    but she is quite laxy, she obvioulsy needs her sleep.

7. littlemiss83

littlemiss83 Well-Known Member

Kayden is 11-12 hours through the night & i'd say no more than 3 hours added together during the day, so around 15.

:)

8. Jayceesmumma

Jayceesmumma Well-Known Member

Well mine has to be different :roll: she sleeps 12hrs at night and awake overall about two hours of the day.. So um 22hrs :shock:

9. littlemiss83

You lucky swine - Make the most of it! - I'd say its still normal for LO's age. There's defo nothing wrong with it, most of their brain development is done during sleep (so your gonna have a clever wee girl!)

Kayden wants naps constantly during the day, I know the signs when he gets tired & I give him lots of oppertunities to sleep & he goes down, but he always wakes up 20mins later, he sleeps longer in his night-time crib but trying to avoid using it for daytime naps incase he gets confused.

:roll:

10. Lisa_85

Lisa_85 Well-Known Member

Issac sleeps 11-12 at night and from as little as 2hours sleep through the day or 2hours awake through the day, depends how he is feeling or what we are doing
    X

11. Jayceesmumma

Jayceesmumma Well-Known Member

Yeah I only put her in her crib in the eve and give her last feed upstairs so she knows..
    If her dad is anything to go by she will be a lil genius!! I'm waiting for the day she's awake all day not letting me get anything done so believe me im savouring it lol!!

12. Binzy

Binzy Well-Known Member

Ryan probably sleeps about 8/10 hrs a day (more if we're out in the pram), nothing like his parents who loved their lie-ins...back in the day...

13. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

No idea :shock: I must take note. I'm guessing 15hrs ish x

14. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

Had a really good night last night, he went down at 10pm woke at 3.30 for a feed straight back down until 8am. I think he's been getting over tired and so planning to try and get him to have more naps today.

15. Alexandra84

Alexandra84 Well-Known Member

I have an app too ;) We seem to sleep between 12 and 17 hours per day in total.

16. littlemiss83

Meant to add this in your other thread, but even if you offer sleep alot, in a dark part of the room? Even if for the first wee while LO doesn't sleep...they will get more used to lying down in that place, often, then hopefully start sleeping the more used to it they get, I think alot is about what is familiar to them

:)

17. Squeakz

Squeakz Well-Known Member

J at 15.5 months sleeps 12.5 hours at night and between 1-2 hours during day at lunch time ish x