~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

Yep I like the first one the best too. Though I think once you have tried dresses on you dont go for what you think you would like. I never dreamed I would have picked my dress, it wasnt the shape I wanted, it doesnt have sleeves which were essential and its really bloomin sparkly which I never would have done, but then when I tried it on, I fell in love :) (and my rock chick image just melted away :lol: )

Elaine, your dress is absolutely fantastic, very old hollywood, you will look like a star!

Thanks magicmarkers for the link to that website, my friend is getting married on Halloween next year, and she is looking for a red dress. We love the alternative style dresses, especially long sleeved ones to cover all our tattoos :D

Havnt posted here in a whilie!

Everyones dresses are lovely!!
Iv changed the venue for ours. Having it in a wee hotel, ceremony & reception.
Went to see it today & I got all giddy as soon as I walked in the door!
Heres the brochure for it http://www.thepalmcourthotel.com/Weddings.html
Its recently been refurbed so its nice & fresh and new.
I cant believe i'm getting married in under 5 months! :shock:

Whats everyone thinking of doing for there honeymoon? I am totally stumped :?

bhe101 said:
Havnt posted here in a whilie!

Everyones dresses are lovely!!
Iv changed the venue for ours. Having it in a wee hotel, ceremony & reception.
Went to see it today & I got all giddy as soon as I walked in the door!
Heres the brochure for it http://www.thepalmcourthotel.com/Weddings.html
Its recently been refurbed so its nice & fresh and new.
I cant believe i'm getting married in under 5 months! :shock:

Whats everyone thinking of doing for there honeymoon? I am totally stumped :?

That's lovely. :D

I think we are probably gonna have a week in Jersey for honeymoon. As well as getting married we are in the process of buying a house and so a few days away somewhere nice, self-catering, will do us. :D

We're planning a weekend away just us for our honeymoon, i couldn't leave Tallypoo any longer then that and we'd like to have a few ays to ourselves afterwards, we're thinking a weekend in Venice, Rome, or Paris, because we arnt going for long we can afford a 4/5 star hotel and make it special

Oh I wish I could join this thread! But I'm nearly 4 months too late! Not that I wish I wasn't married it's just I loved planning it & feel a bit gutted now it's over!

We went on a mini cruise for our honeymoon to Amsterdam. It was really reasonable. I didn't want to leave Amelia too long so we were gonna go to Amsterdam for a weekend but we managed to combine a cruise which we would never be able to afford otherwise... Did spend the 3 days feeling seasick but at least now I can say I've been on a cruise!

I'm going to be taking Olivia with us on honeymoon. I hadn't thought about leaving her. :think: She will still be only 9 months old though and I don't know that i would be able to enjoy myself for that long without her. If we did leave her we could only go for a weekend.

We really wanted to go to LA but its going to be too much faff getting a visa sorted out for OH.
He has a drink driving conviction so he would need to go to london to get it sorted.
We then thought about dubai or bahamas but those sort of places dont appeal to me at all.
Think we've deciced as we're getting wed on a friday we will go to edinburgh for that weekend then have a proper hol in the june.
It'l give us a bit more time to save up again too!
We wont be taking kids with us. It'l prob be our only chance till there 18 to get away by ourselves!! :lol:

Changed my my on the dress. This is my final dress decision. Bought it today for 300pound, well chuffed! :dance:

A897E_SP111_01_GX515a

Sarah&Braydon said:
IF we go on honeymoon were just going to norfolk or somewhere close

you could come see us! we're in Norfolk. on second thoughts just enjoy your honeymoon :rotfl:

OH wants to go to the Maldives. i really want to aswell but i dont see us being able to afford it :(
i'm planning stuff at the moment. we have our reception sorted.

Talia-baby, that dress is stunning! Its different from anything I seen too.

Has anyone else started having dreams about there day yet?
Iv been having them a lot lately! :?
I cant even tell you what happens exactly, Im just in my dress pottering about getting ready!

i've dreamt mine right the way through lol. its been particularly in the last few days.

i've found lots of stuff i like, such as dresses, flowers and bridesmaids. and i've been looking at rings. now printing them off to show OH when he gets home :D

ive always had dreams about my wedding, but its been our aim every year for years to get married that year! :rotfl: We had a date booked and everything then found out we where expecting alice, and it was one or the other.

do you lot think these are cheeky:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-poem-wedding-c ... 240%3A1318

ive also seen a different worded one:
We know it's not traditional
It's not the way it's done
But instead of a wedding list
We'd like a bit of sun.

Please do not think of us as rude
Please do not take offence
We do not want to upset you
That's not the way it's meant.

We've lived together quite a while
And all the bills are paid
We've got our plates, our pots and pans
Our plans have all been made.

So if you'd like to give a gift
To help us celebrate
Some money for a honeymoon
We would appreciate

what do u think?

I think thats a great idea! I was trying to think of a way of asking for money instead of a gift without it sounding cheeky!

Can I join :D

Names: Sue & Neill
Date: Sun 7th June 2009
Venue: Maryculter House Hotel, Aberdeenshire
Colour scheme:
don't know yet!

So far I've..

*booked the venue
*booked the registrar
*bought my dress (will have to get it altered nearer the time)
*sent out save the date cards

We're having a sit down meal for around 50. I don't think we'll have a seperate buffet as all the guests will be invited to the whole thing. We'll probably get married late afternoon to save feeding everyone twice. The meal is £31 a head so not cheap! We're thinking about playing CDs in the evening rather than hiring a band or disco, we have quite a tight budget so have to cut some corners.

I'm starting to get worried now as its not far away.

Maryculter house hotel is lovely! One of my frinds got married there recently & the pics were stunning :D

bhe101 said:
Maryculter house hotel is lovely! One of my frinds got married there recently & the pics were stunning :D
That's good to know :D Your venue is also very nice, it's one of the one's we considered. The guest rooms there are stunning. The food is really nice too, my OHs family had a party there about a year ago :)

muppetmummy said:
bhe101 said:
That's good to know :D Your venue is also very nice, it's one of the one's we considered. The guest rooms there are stunning. The food is really nice too, my OHs family had a party there about a year ago :)

I hadnt even thought of there until a freind who had been to a party suggested it. Its the exact sort of place I always thought id get married in. The cost is really good too. :D

Sam&alice - those poems are lovely. i like the one on ebay. its not easy asking for money but i think thats a great and fun way to do it.

originally i wanted to get married in Roslyn chapel in Edinburgh because its so beautiful, but as we live in norfolk a) we cant because its not our parish and b) so much hassel and expense getting everyone up there

by the way, just wondering, has anyone else thought about eloping? has anyone done it? did it really cut the hassel and price?

suzie1011 said:
by the way, just wondering, has anyone else thought about eloping? has anyone done it? did it really cut the hassel and price?

god i would love to! im getting fed up with always worrying about keeping people happy, and then having to remind myself its my big day and screw what people think.

someone i work with is doing it, and then having a reception when she gets back.

ooo.. spoke to my dad last night, and we have his hall! its going to save us a pretty decent chunk of our budget :cheer: its smaller than i thought though - i had 150 - 200 in my head but we may be limited to 100. Ive currently got 130 on my list so im going to see if there is a reason why it is 100... dad said there have been more people in there than that at do's he has been to :think: Still we havn't sent invites out yet, so i will just cut people out :lol:

On a kinda positive side ive managed to cut one of the resturants of the list before i even called them. I was speaking to a friend about it and she said the disabled access was around the back through the kitchens. Adams Dad is disabled and there is no way i am going to make him make such an extrance for the meal!!!! i understand it may not be the same entrance anyway, but to bring him in through the kitchens just feels wrong for him to have to do!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back