~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

Hi can I join u lovely ladies please? :wave:

Names: Rianna and Owen
Date: June 2010
Ceremony: TBC still looking at places. Likely to be in an old country house or nice hotel.
reception: Hoping to be at the same place as the ceromony
Colour scheme: white and gold
dress: will pop a pic of it soon :)

Is anyone else on a budget here? We are trying to save up for ours ourselves as we're not getting much financial imput from the family. If anyone has any tips or advice on how to save on the cash that'd be great. :)

Ive just found a pic of my dress! Ive never actually seen it in the colour I have bought it in, which is possibly a mad thing to do, but Im so glad as I think its beautiful! Talia Baby, my theme is gold and pearl white, so very similar to yours. Hence the gold and ivory dress:

myjasminadress.jpg

myjasminadress2.jpg

myjasminadress3.jpg

myjasminadress4.jpg

My wedding is not costing me too much, Id say £5k at the very maximum, thats including the £1k dress :oops: I have bought most of my stuff from ebay, including flowers, bridemaid dress etc. My men are just wearing plain black suits and Ive bought them ties, but thats it. Ive made my own table planner and invitations so that has saved lots of money. I have had help from my parents, they have put deposits on the meal and registrar for me as I wouldnt have had that amount of money to pay all at once. However I now save £100 per month to pay for the remainder and buy little bits each month, I have a wedding cupboard that is full of the table centre pieces, decorations etc. My flower girl dress cost £7.50, My tiara cost me £3 and my veil cost £1.58 all from ebay! You can really grab some amazing bargains on ebay. Id be lost (in debt) without it.

I've been using ebay for things too, i love it!! I've got most of our centre piece things for, my shoes, my hair stuff, and will get bridemaid hair stuff and possibly more from it!

We ordered our bridesmaids dresses now! They're emerald green but i've got some picks of my girls in them, the red one doesnt fit well in the pick but will be fitted when they arrive.

Photo-0007-1-1.jpg

Photo-0009-1-1.jpg

Photo-0010.jpg

We got them from a proper shop for bridesmaids but cos my little one is onlt 10 you cant just buy a dress in a shop that'd suit her and a 20 year old, this way they have the same dress but it'll be fitted to each of them

Sarah&Braydon said:
wow there gorgous dresses hun
how much were they ?

They were £155 each, but my mum said she'll help with fitting costs if i need it, now we've got them the huge costs are out of the way, ordered or booked, it's just the little things to do now

we have changed our theme to save money. we have scraped the whole sweets and chocolate theme and are just going for red. there was a problem with my dress so i had to take it back but i got a full refund. so back to looking again, my OH wants me to have a dress with red in it (he's always said he wants that). we are going for red and cream roses or red roses and white lillies. we wanted to change the date to valentines day in 2010 until we realised it wss on a sunday and therefore we cant have a church wedding on that day :( it would have been really nice as i would have turned 22 the following day. so we are keeping it as august 18th.

yeah Rob is set on a church wedding as he used to work for the church and is religious. I am too but would marry him anytime anywhere. soppy i know!

even if i could convince him, i then gotta get through his family (in particular his mother!)

Bee said:
Bloom said:
I want to join this thread :cry:

want to be my "find things on the internet planner" :lol:
I am useless at it

Sounds good

I can't wait to start planning my xmas 2012 wedding shame its ages away :D

Bee said:
Bloom said:
Bee said:
Bloom said:
I want to join this thread :cry:

want to be my "find things on the internet planner" :lol:
I am useless at it

Sounds good

I can't wait to start planning my xmas 2012 wedding shame its ages away :D

I feel like I am ripping the pee talking about our wedding and its 2010. People look at me like "why are you talking about this now" Apparently it ages away :roll: :roll:

My friends wedding is may 2010 and she's planned almost as much as i have and had booked things like the reception before i had. Even my wedding feels ages off but i'd rather have it all planned asap and then not have to worry closer to the time. Plus a wedding is a very special thing, you wanna enjoy planning it rather then stressing out

I think you need to start booking in advance as places book up so i dont see a problem with that.

(Oh dear OH has spotted the title of this thread oops :oops: )

want to do mine at the same time :wink: . Im having such problems finding ID to take to the reg office so we can pay for it and def have the date!!!!!! how comes if you don't have a Passport or driving licence there seems to be bugger all you can use instead :wall: . All of the household bills are in OH's name, my mobile contract is in his name. About the only things is council, bank (which im paperless with! :doh: ) and the flat itself :wall:

ive spent the last few days trying to get through to get a new copy of my medical card sent as the one i have dates back to the month after i was born!!! Ive got a provisional licence, but its in my mums address as i never got it changed (naughty i know) and i want to know if they can take that, but do you think i can get through to someone how knows what they are talking about.

My dad should find out soon if we can hire his bowls club hall. If we can we only have to pay for the food and we would get a lovely discount on that due to my dad being on the bowls committee :dance: The only issue is that we couldn't have the hall on the friday when we get married - it would be the following day. But im not overly fussed about that though - my uncle did it and it worked out lovely that way. We would get married, then all go off for a meal. We could take our time and not stress about that evening. Me and hubby (oooo!!! am i allowed one girly little screech!! hehe) would maybe stay in a local hotel for the evening (my mum could have the kids) and then i have sat to get the hall ready for the evening. Also, family that have travelled a way would stay down sat night and then we could spend sunday with them - make a weekend out of it!

Its still a lovely long list of ideas though. About the only thing we know 100% is OH's ring :lol:

Bee said:
abcd1234 said:
My friends wedding is may 2010 and she's planned almost as much as i have and had booked things like the reception before i had. Even my wedding feels ages off but i'd rather have it all planned asap and then not have to worry closer to the time. Plus a wedding is a very special thing, you wanna enjoy planning it rather then stressing out

Thats my thoughts too but I keep getting "oh its ages away" if I mention that we've sorted something out. I give up :(

We've booked the venue :D and know most things we are having :D

after xmas ive got two months to have as much booked / done / planned as i can!! i want to get as much done before baby arrives.

i want stuff booked so if something changes, i know i can rearrange it with time to spare. :pray:

Finally got the date confirmed! 27th June 2009 at 4pm :dance:

Also now have my dress:

2008 ? you sure lovely because it seems youve missed it in that case lol

Does anyone use kaboodle for their planning or original brainstorming i use it for everything, you can trawl however many websites and have all your favs bits n bobs in one place to look at you, just download a button for your toolbar n click it when you find something you fancy, all stores to kaboodle website !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back