~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

LilysMummy

Reaction score
If there is already one when whoops :lol:

Ive noticed there is quite a few of us planning for a big day so thought we could have a big chat etc thread lol. My OH is getting bored of wedding chat 24/7 so I need somewhere to vent and get excited WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! lol

Sooooooo..... few details of me and my plans

Names: Kayte and Matt

Date: Thursday 8th October 2009

Ceremony: Wychbold Church
299117797_fdd9565d16.jpg

2177767397_3e6fe19b62.jpg

Venue: We are having a marquee on my OHs farm. The company who is going it is these and a few of there marquees http://www.fewsmarquees.co.uk/weddings.htm

Colour Scheme: Black and dark red.

Cant think of what else to put...

Add yours!!!!

I so DONT want to get married for years and years but......

I may have a nosey in this thread :D

Are people having a wedding breakfast or going straight to evening do? I think we are going t do a big hog roast, YUM lol :lol:

I love the idea of a hog roast and if I was organising the catering separately I would have one. I'm thinking of having a buffet though as the options look better, it will be May and so, (theoretically), warmer and also our service is at 3pm. I did look into having a marquee but once I had added up all the costs involved in was so expensive.

(Oh and this reminds me - Passage House never called back, must try and call them tomorrow.)

I am going to be doing a lot by hand - my friend did a floristry course a while back and so will help with flowers and I will make invites, order of service and table placements. Another friend is fabulous at cakes so I am going to ask her if she could make my cake.

Mike is organising rings, suits & alcohol.

Then it is just bridesmaid dresses to get - I have seen some pretty dresses in monsoon. (My bridesmaids are 9 & 6).

Anything I have forgotten? I haven't decided yet on a colour scheme but am thinking about ivory & a bronze -y colour.

Yeah Im going to "attempt" to do the invitations myself. Cake - me and my mate are doing. And then decorations are coming from good old EBay!

I think I found my perfect boquet yesterday :dance:

My centre pieces are going to be big glass jars full of penny sweets :lol:

DATE CONFIRMED!!!!

2nd May 2009. Yay. Am well excited now. :cheer:

Girls i NEED help! kick me up the bum:

Names: Kirsty and Jonny
Date: Not got one yet, hoping end of next summer sometime
Ceremony: Not found one yet
Reception Venue: Nope still not got, hope to have ceremony and reception at same place
Colour scheme: NO IDEA :wall: :wall:

As you can see i'm not doing too well. Baby news has just taken over and i've done nothing, got scared by a friend the other day who is also getting married next year who has nearly everything planned, so i went out and bought some magazines and now i'm even more confused. I want to do it ASAP and thinking about 6 months after baby would be a nice time to get ready for it while on maternity leave etc. :think:

Anyone want to be my informal wedding planner he he he he!! :pray:

I spent bloody ages typing a message in this thread only for the site to crash when i posted it! :wall: Second time lucky I hope!

Anyhoo, here it goes:

Names: Laura & Michael
Date: August 1st 2009 (a special date for us as its Mikes Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary on that very day) :D
Theme: Pale gold and pearl
Venue - The Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea, for the ceremony, meal and party.

Dylan-Thomas-Centre.jpg

I have done everything! I have sent out save the dates, made my own invitations and table planner. I have got all my table decorations, the dress, the flower girl dress, cake topper, tiara, veil, flowers, corsages, buttonholes - all the flowers are made of silk and are in a pale gold colour.

This is my dress but it will be in Gold not silver:

Maggie-Sottero-Wedding-Dress-Jasmin.jpg

jasmina_sec02.jpg

This is my bolero:

bolero.jpg

These are my flowers!

bouquet.jpg

My flowers girls flowers!

theabouquet.jpg

My table centre pieces are pale gold hand painted plates with pearl white candles and pearl wreaths on them.

My cake is being made for me FOR FREE! by a work colleague who used to make cakes professionally. It is her wedding gift to us which is very kind of her. It will be in this sort of shape, but not with the fancy icing or beading. It will be sprayed pearlescent, and have 2 tones of gold ribbon around it. Then on top our initials L & M in gold - I have had the initials made especially. This will match nicely with the invitations which also have our initials on them :)

cake.jpg

We are not asking for gifts but are asking for money to go towards a honeymoon as we cannot afford one. We are having a post box like this:

postbox.jpg

So Ive dont pretty much everything! I need to buy my shoes, I already know what im having though. I also need to buy the wedding favours. We are giving miniature wooden lovespoons to the ladies and scratch cards for the men. As all of our relatives are English and we live in Wales, we thought the lovespoons would be a nice keepsake for their day in Wales.
The men need to get their suits. I already have all their ties though so thats sorted. Now we just have to lose some weight and save some money! I absolutely love planning my wedding :cheer:

My only big decision left to make is how to have my hair. I think Im having extensions, but I dont know whether to have my hair up like this:

hilaryduff.jpg
or

Penelope_Cruz3.jpg

or half up half down more like this:

halfupdo.jpg

Well I have 9 months to think about it! :lol:

Loola that dress is gorgeous. I think hair all up like Penelope Cruz would look fab - shows off the dress fully. :D

Tadpole said:
DATE CONFIRMED!!!!

2nd May 2009. Yay. Am well excited now. :cheer:

Omg you have set a date. Oh and passage house is where i have my eye on for wedding reception if i ever get asked. Lovely

Tadpole said:
Loola that dress is gorgeous. I think hair all up like Penelope Cruz would look fab - shows off the dress fully. :D

Thank you! :D I agree with you on the hair thing too, thats the style that has really jumped out at me, I just hope my hairdresser can get that sort of effect on me!

Ooh I cant wait! :cheer:

Me too!!

Name: Ben & Heather
Date: 17th April 2009
Venue: Aberdeen Townhouse for ceremony, still undicided on reception though!
Theme: Butterflies
Here is my dress!!!

06ess011.jpg

Not sure if im gonna keep it like that or take of the cap sleeves.

Wow that dress is beautiful! I would keep the cap sleeves myself as I think they really make the dress. :)

YAY i'm joining this thread too!!! Dave seems a bit fed up of wedding talks but i've got my friend who's getting married too to bore with it thank god!!

Names: Clare and Dave
Date: 18th July 2009
Ceremony: St Patricks church cant find decent pics though lol
Reception Venue: Avon gorge hotel (views over the suspension bridge!!)
Colour scheme: Emerald green

And this is my dress- it's really simple but the pic doesnt do it justice lol, i cant put a pic of me in it up cos i dont wanna risk Dave seeing
Photo-0007.jpg

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Just got the quote back for my Hog Rosat - £560 Woooooooooooo!!!

Honestly girls shop around for EVERYTHING. My first quote for a pug roast was £1811!!! :shock:

Had a twist on my church.....

My OH rang up to book his local church they said yes blah blah then when they sent the confirmation through they have booked a private chapel on a private estate :shock: Didnt even know it was on their parish as its always stated as "private"

Here it is:

hotel_overhead.jpg

chapel_main.jpg

All your plans are looking lovely.

Looks like im aiming for December 2012 so i will refrain from joining this thread until much nearer the time :rotfl: but will keep popping in for a nosy as i love looking at all your wedding plans.

Oh and Bhe101 17 April is a lovely day my daughters 1st birthday :D

***vix*** said:
Ive found pics by the way but cant put them on (never have been able to on here tbh)
Ive seen the invites i want
http://www.celebrationsplus.com/product ... 82bc4d0b57
Lyla invites the guests... cheesey but i love it, my dads a printer so he said he can do them for me!

Aww thats actually so sweet!!!
We're looking at invites atm, i was going to make them but we're looking at prices etc to see if we ca nget nice made ones at a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back