~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by LilysMummy, Oct 27, 2008.

1. LilysMummy

LilysMummy Well-Known Member

If there is already one when whoops :lol:

Ive noticed there is quite a few of us planning for a big day so thought we could have a big chat etc thread lol. My OH is getting bored of wedding chat 24/7 so I need somewhere to vent and get excited WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! lol

Sooooooo..... few details of me and my plans

Names: Kayte and Matt

Date: Thursday 8th October 2009

Ceremony: Wychbold Church
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Venue: We are having a marquee on my OHs farm. The company who is going it is these and a few of there marquees http://www.fewsmarquees.co.uk/weddings.htm

Colour Scheme: Black and dark red.

Cant think of what else to put...

Add yours!!!!

2. lfc_sarah

lfc_sarah Well-Known Member

I so DONT want to get married for years and years but......

I may have a nosey in this thread :D

3. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

s

:d

#3 Sarah&Braydon, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  4. Tadpole

Tadpole Well-Known Member

5. LilysMummy

Are people having a wedding breakfast or going straight to evening do? I think we are going t do a big hog roast, YUM lol :lol:

6. Tadpole

I love the idea of a hog roast and if I was organising the catering separately I would have one. I'm thinking of having a buffet though as the options look better, it will be May and so, (theoretically), warmer and also our service is at 3pm. I did look into having a marquee but once I had added up all the costs involved in was so expensive.

(Oh and this reminds me - Passage House never called back, must try and call them tomorrow.)

I am going to be doing a lot by hand - my friend did a floristry course a while back and so will help with flowers and I will make invites, order of service and table placements. Another friend is fabulous at cakes so I am going to ask her if she could make my cake.

Mike is organising rings, suits & alcohol.

Then it is just bridesmaid dresses to get - I have seen some pretty dresses in monsoon. (My bridesmaids are 9 & 6).

Anything I have forgotten? I haven't decided yet on a colour scheme but am thinking about ivory & a bronze -y colour.

7. LilysMummy

Yeah Im going to "attempt" to do the invitations myself. Cake - me and my mate are doing. And then decorations are coming from good old EBay!

I think I found my perfect boquet yesterday :dance:

My centre pieces are going to be big glass jars full of penny sweets :lol:

8. Tadpole

DATE CONFIRMED!!!!

2nd May 2009. Yay. Am well excited now. :cheer:

9. KirstyD

KirstyD Well-Known Member

Girls i NEED help! kick me up the bum:

Names: Kirsty and Jonny
    Date: Not got one yet, hoping end of next summer sometime
    Ceremony: Not found one yet
    Reception Venue: Nope still not got, hope to have ceremony and reception at same place
    Colour scheme: NO IDEA :wall: :wall:

As you can see i'm not doing too well. Baby news has just taken over and i've done nothing, got scared by a friend the other day who is also getting married next year who has nearly everything planned, so i went out and bought some magazines and now i'm even more confused. I want to do it ASAP and thinking about 6 months after baby would be a nice time to get ready for it while on maternity leave etc. :think:

Anyone want to be my informal wedding planner he he he he!! :pray:

10. Loola

Loola Well-Known Member

I spent bloody ages typing a message in this thread only for the site to crash when i posted it! :wall: Second time lucky I hope!

Anyhoo, here it goes:

Names: Laura & Michael
    Date: August 1st 2009 (a special date for us as its Mikes Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary on that very day) :D
    Theme: Pale gold and pearl
    Venue - The Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea, for the ceremony, meal and party.

[​IMG]

I have done everything! I have sent out save the dates, made my own invitations and table planner. I have got all my table decorations, the dress, the flower girl dress, cake topper, tiara, veil, flowers, corsages, buttonholes - all the flowers are made of silk and are in a pale gold colour.

This is my dress but it will be in Gold not silver:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my bolero:

[​IMG]

These are my flowers!

[​IMG]

My flowers girls flowers!

[​IMG]

My table centre pieces are pale gold hand painted plates with pearl white candles and pearl wreaths on them.

My cake is being made for me FOR FREE! by a work colleague who used to make cakes professionally. It is her wedding gift to us which is very kind of her. It will be in this sort of shape, but not with the fancy icing or beading. It will be sprayed pearlescent, and have 2 tones of gold ribbon around it. Then on top our initials L & M in gold - I have had the initials made especially. This will match nicely with the invitations which also have our initials on them :)

[​IMG]

We are not asking for gifts but are asking for money to go towards a honeymoon as we cannot afford one. We are having a post box like this:

[​IMG]

So Ive dont pretty much everything! I need to buy my shoes, I already know what im having though. I also need to buy the wedding favours. We are giving miniature wooden lovespoons to the ladies and scratch cards for the men. As all of our relatives are English and we live in Wales, we thought the lovespoons would be a nice keepsake for their day in Wales.
    The men need to get their suits. I already have all their ties though so thats sorted. Now we just have to lose some weight and save some money! I absolutely love planning my wedding :cheer:

My only big decision left to make is how to have my hair. I think Im having extensions, but I dont know whether to have my hair up like this:

[​IMG] or

[​IMG]

or half up half down more like this:

[​IMG]

Well I have 9 months to think about it! :lol:

11. Tadpole

Loola that dress is gorgeous. I think hair all up like Penelope Cruz would look fab - shows off the dress fully. :D

12. Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

Omg you have set a date. Oh and passage house is where i have my eye on for wedding reception if i ever get asked. Lovely

13. Loola

Loola Well-Known Member

Thank you! :D I agree with you on the hair thing too, thats the style that has really jumped out at me, I just hope my hairdresser can get that sort of effect on me!

Ooh I cant wait! :cheer:

14. bhe101

bhe101 Well-Known Member

Me too!!

Name: Ben & Heather
    Date: 17th April 2009
    Venue: Aberdeen Townhouse for ceremony, still undicided on reception though!
    Theme: Butterflies
    Here is my dress!!!

[​IMG]

Not sure if im gonna keep it like that or take of the cap sleeves.

15. Loola

Loola Well-Known Member

Wow that dress is beautiful! I would keep the cap sleeves myself as I think they really make the dress. :)

16. abcd1234

abcd1234 Well-Known Member

YAY i'm joining this thread too!!! Dave seems a bit fed up of wedding talks but i've got my friend who's getting married too to bore with it thank god!!

Names: Clare and Dave
    Date: 18th July 2009
    Ceremony: St Patricks church cant find decent pics though lol
    Reception Venue: Avon gorge hotel (views over the suspension bridge!!)
    Colour scheme: Emerald green

And this is my dress- it's really simple but the pic doesnt do it justice lol, i cant put a pic of me in it up cos i dont wanna risk Dave seeing
    [​IMG]

17. LilysMummy

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Just got the quote back for my Hog Rosat - £560 Woooooooooooo!!!

Honestly girls shop around for EVERYTHING. My first quote for a pug roast was £1811!!! :shock:

Had a twist on my church.....

My OH rang up to book his local church they said yes blah blah then when they sent the confirmation through they have booked a private chapel on a private estate :shock: Didnt even know it was on their parish as its always stated as "private"

Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

All your plans are looking lovely.

Looks like im aiming for December 2012 so i will refrain from joining this thread until much nearer the time :rotfl: but will keep popping in for a nosy as i love looking at all your wedding plans.

Oh and Bhe101 17 April is a lovely day my daughters 1st birthday :D

19. *pud01*

*pud01* Well-Known Member

c

#19 *pud01*, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  20. abcd1234

abcd1234 Well-Known Member

Aww thats actually so sweet!!!
    We're looking at invites atm, i was going to make them but we're looking at prices etc to see if we ca nget nice made ones at a decent price.