~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

I bought all the bits from the Internet :D

Card and envelopes and inserts from a site, ribbon from another and embelleshment from another on. Its all sat there waiting to be made. We've made up an all day one and an evening one as a trial and they are fab :D

we have a fantastic craft shop in yarmouth that has everything. i have a loyality card :lol:
we are using ribbon the colours of the wedding too. after new year i'm gonna start making the 'save the date' cards. we need to send them out quite early cuz our wedding is a weekday and we need to make sure people have the day off work etc.

we are going to see the social club today. i popped in on saturday and found out the details. it's PERFECT! it costs £150 for the whole day (from 6am to 1am next morning) we can use our own caterers (which knocks £700 off the budget), a cheap bar (woohoo!) and can fit 200-250 people in! yay! im taking OH to see it today to convince him! because its big though i think he will actually like it!

i went down the market the other day and there was a big stall doing artificial flowers. i realised i should probably make sure i can do the flowers fo the wedding before telling everyone thats what im doing. i bought a few bunches in our colours and a foam (thing) and started arranging. the whole thing cost me £9 and has made the most beautiful arrangment. im just so proud! its the most creative thing i've done since high school! once i get my camera working i wil post a picture on here.

xxx

afternoon ladies.

we went into the registery office on friday, paid the deposit and handed over copies of our ID! regardless of if i can get this wedding organised in time we are going to get married on the 17th July!! :dance:

Had a bit of bad news about the hall we wanted though. we can't invite more than 100 people and our provisional list is currently at 130 (not including us! lol). So we are have a look around. So far we have found somewhere that is just as good. £125 for the hall (7 - 12.30, but we can decorate on the thursday), £175 for their DJ.

Now im looking at buffet and ive nooo idea how much to budget per person per head. What has everyone else budgeted? I think we are going to aim at about 150 people tops. Do i ask for a price per head if there is 150 people going, or do i have to take into account that we have at least 20 under 12's going who are not going to eat the same amount as an adult.... :think: should i ask for a quote for catering for about 125 or do they already take that kinda thing into account, so i need to ask for a price for 160 people? Or do i tell them that ive got a max budget of around £600 - 700 say and see what they come back with?

We have a distant friend of the family who does catering for events in her spare time, we are going to see what she can do for us.

why does food and drink take up such a HUGE wad of the budget!!! anyone got any tips?

Riiiiight. I really need to get my ar$e in gear. I am going to be making my own invites and have been looking around different sites - some look easier to put together than others.

What would you consider a good price to pay for the invites? As I don't have much time left. (oops) then I may pay a little more to have them done for me but I don't really have any ideas of what i could reasonably expect to pay.

So I guess my question is:

What is a reasonable price for printed invites?
What is a reasobable price for diy invites?

Sarah&Braydon said:
[quote="Sam&Alice":vm7d833j]afternoon ladies.

we went into the registery office on friday, paid the deposit and handed over copies of our ID! regardless of if i can get this wedding organised in time we are going to get married on the 17th July!! :dance:

do u mean giving ur notice of marraige if so wot did u have to do? wot did they ask u etc x[/quote:vm7d833j]

we went in, took id with us. OH went in to a room first and they asked things like name, address, time lived there, dads name, dads occupation, place of birth, etc... after that they took me in and asked me the same things. i had to confirm OH's full name and DOB.

I was expecting questions like 'how long have you been together', but it was really basic stuff. I couldn;t even remember my dads job title (civil servant, but i couldn't remember what the title was of what he really did!), but they didn't seem overly bothered.

Tadpole - we have designed ours, we just need to get them printed. We are going to wait till the new year as we still havn't decided 100% on the details.

How many are you looking at getting done? are you doing RSVP cards as well?

we have also decided to do a wedding website with maps, places to stay, an online galery for afterwards, and an online RSVP page :cheer: Its almost finished, but as we have not 100% decided on place its still not complete :D

Sarah&Braydon said:
[quote="Sam&Alice":1ew531gr]afternoon ladies.

do u mean giving ur notice of marraige if so wot did u have to do? wot did they ask u etc x[/quote:1ew531gr]

When we gave notice we were both interviewed separately and had to answer a few very simple questions about each other, like birth date, name, where they were born (in general) if they had been married before, that kind of thing. :)

Sam & Alice - Im having a sit down buffet for my meal, its £28 per head, but £14 for under 12's and free for under 6's. Im sure you could get it a lot cheaper than though depending on what type of buffet you want. My buffet is the wedding breakfast so to speak. I have a cheaper buffet for the evening guests, which is £9.50 per head which is just sarnies, sausage rolls that kind of thing. I was advised to only cater for half the amount of guests for the evening buffet as otherwise you would have way too much food.

Tadpole - I probably spent just over £120 for my invites which I made myself, however I did have our initials lazer cut into them so thats why they cost a bit (£75 for 100) thats day and evening invitations. Im sure you could get plain card much cheaper. I had to buy envelopes and then ribbon, pretty paper for the inserts (the wording) so all together cost £120. I think it could cost quite a lot more to buy outright, depending on quality of course.

Loola - that seems about what I have been quoted on a website - you 'design' them and they send the stuff which I would put together myself, and also print the inserts which would cost about £115. Without the printing it would be about £80 - but I would have to buy a printer - which is gonna cost more than £35 (and I would probably mess up the printing!).

I need about 55

We got our save the date cards from vistaprint online. We'll get our invitations through them too as they're quite cheap £3.49 for 10 and they come with plain envelopes too :)

after going to see that gorgeous reception venue i suddenly realised they only do saturdays and we are getting married on a wednesday...s***! does anyone know the easiest way to solve this or do i have to shift all of my plans?

i took one of my bridesmaids to see her dress yesterday and she loves it :D i tried on a couple of dresses and it made me look really washed out and ill. i then tried on a PURPLE dress and it looked lush but i dont know, i kinda wanted a traditional white dress to signify virginity ( :rotfl: ) and OH said he didnt like the idea of a purple dress but i looked awful in it. hmmm... feeling a bit fed up wedding wise right now. am going to ring the church tomorrow and book our appointment ( and also find out how much the deposit is and when its due)

"sneaks into thread"

Looks like everyones plans are coming along nicely :cheer:

Check my sig out :lol: although we are not get married till 2012 so will be a while before we make any plans but im excited already :rotfl:

"sneaks back out"

abcd1234 said:
MUST DO FLOWERS!!!

Whats everyone else doing for flowers?? I was thinking of having a big thing for me abd very simple flowers for bridemaids :think: then something for the reception head table.

I went to a neighbours wedding recently and her younger bridesmaids had little baskets of petals and scattered the petals as they walked down the aisle. I thought it was a really nice idea :)

Aww i have been reading this thread i got married in june just gone
and it was the best day of our lifes i am getting excited for you all as i am reading
what your all having and your dresses are beautiful .

I got married on the 21st june which was the longest day of the year and the day still flew by
one thing i will say is enjoiy every minute of it cause the day will be over before you know it
We got our wedding recorded so we have it on dvd so we can watch it when ever we want to
Its a great idie and you get so see things you somehow miss like uncle ??
Doing the time warp and the conga :rotfl:

So happy for you all and let me be the first to say congratulations on your wedding day
:hug: xx

ahh!!! i contacted the company that i want to get my dress from to see if they could add some chunky type straps (not thin ones, thick at the top, but pulled together a bit when attached to the dress, if that makes sense).

Anyway, they said they would add thin straps for £15 extra (!!! :shock: ), but not the sort i want. going to get them to make my dress made to measure for £75, and then just see if they will sell me a mtr of the same fabric as well and i will just do it myself :roll:

We have kinda changed our reception location as well. Its only going to cost us £125 more than the bowls club we where going to use, but we can get an extra 60 people in!! the DJ is £175 - is that reasonable? seems fab value to me, but i don't want to get ripped off!! :think:

Anyone done / thought of doing their own food for the reception? OH is sure we are going to save hundreds us and our family doing it, but im not sure if we will save as much as he thinks. Im quite happy to pay a couple of extra hundred for someone else to take the worry about it away. so ive told him, if we can save more than £150 doing it ourselves we will do it, if not we will pay someone else to do it!!

it depends on where you are looking for catering. if the venue are doing the catering then yes, you will save far more than £150, providing they let you do it yourself, most places dont because of this fact.
how many guests have you got? i can tell you rougly how much it will cost to DIY cater for them. the other thing is the stress of it. if it werent for the fact that on the day we need to be decorating our venue ourselves we would probably have done it ourelves. as chance would have it the son of a family friend runs a catering business and has offered to do ours for £100!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

£175 is VERY good for a DJ. for most you are looking at around £300.

abcd1234 said:
MUST DO FLOWERS!!!

Whats everyone else doing for flowers?? I was thinking of having a big thing for me abd very simple flowers for bridemaids :think: then something for the reception head table.

im planning to do my own flowers. i'm having red and white roses. im going to give the bridesmaids smaller versions of mine.
i've already made a table decoration flower arrangement. will post the picture on here when i have time

xx

:cheer:
I have ordered my invites

My maid of honour's dress
maidofhonour.jpg

And my dress!!!
weddingfront.jpg

weddingback.jpg

names: trixipaws and baby-daddy! ;)

date: not set yet. literally JUST got engaged today at just gone midnite :cheer: not in a rush to get married i want to bask in the glory of engaged-ness for a few years lol! will probably be in the year 2012 around then. iv been with the dude since 2000 so 3 years aint nuffink :lol:

venue: we're thinking ibiza :think: we really love ibiza and we spoke about it once when we were flying!

theme: erm WELL. it will DEFINATELY NOT be traditional!!! no church, no bridal gown, nothing like that. in fact a bit of a hippie one! iv always said i want to get married in bare feet- i dont kno why but i do- and as we wanna do it in ibiza thats feasible- possibly on a beach! i will wear a white dress- but not a long one and not an expensive one- it shall be more like a floaty little fairy dress from a thrift store or something! will try to get one for less than £10!!! i am TOTALLY loving boasting about my expensive ring, but i'm not like that about a dress. i do not want a fine tailored dress. i want a tatty ill-fitting one! but beautiful at the same time, if that makes sense? thin straps over shoulders and quite short to show my legs off! almost like underwear! hehe
idk what sort of ceremony yet- but definately not a religious one coz we aint religious. i'll look into it nearer the time i think!
and the guests and "do"- well basically there wont be a big fancy do! will be an intimate low-key event (obviously as it will be abroad we wont expect many people to be able to attend anyway! just close family and friends!) then when we get to the UK will have a big party for everyone else- but no catering, just lotsa drinkypoos and fun!

Can I dip my toe is this thread......

Just got engaged yesterday :D christmas morning :D

no date set as yet, but looking towards 2010/2011 depending on venue avaliablily etc.....

very excited and happy!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Names: Shaunie & Ben

Date: Not set yet we're trying for autumn/winter 2009 or early 2010

Ceremony: We're thinking sale registary office as oh doen't want a church wedding!

Venue: Just a small venue, maybe a pub or hotel function room

Colour Scheme: I quite like the idea of black and red, but I would still like a white/ivory dress. Would that work?

Just getting ideas really atm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back