Wedding Venue Help!

KirstyD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm recently engaged (and more recently pregnant!) and baby thoughts seemed to take over for the last few months. Time is flying so fast and i have done NOTHING on the wedding front!

I really want to do it next year, maybe the end of the summer time, so need to find/book a venue and get planning before baby arrives as i know it'll go out the window then!

OH and me have had some talks and want a fairly small ceremony and then maybe more people in the evening.

What I really want is to have the ceremony outside, like a garden wedding but in the UK you can't just get wed anywhere, the particular rooms, areas in a place need to be licensed and not many seem to have outdoor licensed parts (found a few but not looked very well yet). Obviously would need some kinda backup plan for if the weather is pants too.

hmmmmmmm :think: anyone got any ideas, know of good venue finding websites, or even know of a venue in the South somewhere not too far from Berkshire?

I need help i'm sooo crap at getting on with these things.

I don't think you can get married outside in this country (there may be exceptions with fixed structures that are outside such as a gazebo or something ) , as it was something that we looked into when booking our wedding.

One thng I would say is don't rule out larger venues just because you have plans for a smaller ceremony, loads of places have smaller rooms that can be just as good.

My DH is absolutely obsessed with Newcastle United and we got married at St James Park. We only had 25 guest at the ceremony and about 70 in the evening and got married in one of their executive boxes. It was fab.

this site may help

http://www.weddingvenues.com/

Good luck and congrats :dance:

come to cornwall there is a beautiful place you can get married outdoors under a beautiful arch over looking cliffs (and I think sea views to!)

Thanks for the web links girls, i'll get looking!

nazmomi said:
I don't think you can get married outside in this country (there may be exceptions with fixed structures that are outside such as a gazebo or something ) , as it was something that we looked into when booking our wedding.

You can get married outside in the UK as long as the garden/part of the outside grounds is licensed in it's own right, which not many places do, most just have cetain rooms inside licensed for ceremonies which is my problem :(

Will hopefully find somewhere from these sites!

Sorry, Don't know where I got that from then!!! :think:

Good luck finding somewhere :)

I'm getting married in 9 days :shock: at a manor and it has lovely gardens and we're having the ceremony out in the gazebo so we're outside but the aisle and room are all undercover just in case it rains :D Although please everyone pray its sunny :pray: xx

ReggiesMummy said:
I'm getting married in 9 days :shock: at a manor and it has lovely gardens and we're having the ceremony out in the gazebo so we're outside but the aisle and room are all undercover just in case it rains :D Although please everyone pray its sunny :pray: xx

Ah good luck!!!! Hope the weather stays fab for you and have an amazing day!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Have you tried your local town hall? mine has a brouchure of all the licensed venues in my area. You can even get wed at pinewood studios!

Im not engaged or getting married but i was looking for a friend at places around berkshire and donnington valley golf club in newbury does a great package. Dont think its an outside ceremony though.

If you decide to have chair covers give me a shout as a friend of mine has a business (in woodley)

Claire x

ReggiesMummy said:

Ah that sounds lovely, where are you doing it?

Good luck for your big day!!!

KirstyD said:
ReggiesMummy said:

Ah that sounds lovely, where are you doing it?

Good luck for your big day!!!

Thanks! Its in somerset, is that near you??xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back