TTC HEALTHY/ WEIGHTLOSS CHALLENGE Updated 29*12

Didn't do so well this week, stayed the same :oops:

I'm going to be really good this week and try and lose 2

How about you Skairdy? Monday is a tough day to get weighed on!

Ideally I'd like to lose around 4lbs by the end of the month. Realistically 1 or 2 lol.
Good luck everyone with their weight loss, and hi fellow ttc'ers :dance:

when it comes to my five goals, they are as below;
1.Losing my weight at least 1lbb every week by eating healthily
2. For having more amount of calcium
3. For drinking more water
4. Eating more vegetable and fruit
5. Get pregnant.

well i thought id may aswell post here! im 5ft7 and 12st 2, apparently my BMI is in the over weight range and to get in in the middle of the healthy range i need to lose 2 STONE!!! ive been putting it off for agggges cuz i thought it would be unhealthy to diet whislt ttc and only gonna get fat whilst preg anyway. BUT my self confidence has taken a bit of a nose dive, so i thought id try and eat healthy/get active rather than a crash diet so this should be safe when ttc and hopfully lose a few pounds in the process. i worked out that in a year and a half i have put on NEARLY 4 STONE!!!! thats sickening isnt it. my poor OH, def not the girl i used to be when he met me :(

Hi Dina. I have always been a steady 9st 2-3lbs. My weight has never really changed while i was in the UK. I maintanined the same weight in Spain for about a year but then we lived on the 4th floor apartment which meant every time i went out i had to walk down 100 stairs and then 100 to get back home. I did this maybe 3 times a day and once every 2 days with heavy shopping bags. Then i moved to another area, bought a car, didnt work etc so no exercise. In 18 months i have gone from 9st 3lbs to nearly 12 stone!!!! I am 5ft 7 (3/4) inches. I cant believe it i am devastated. I am sure i must have an underactive thyroid or something as even when i joined the gym recently (dont go anymore) i never lost anything and i was running 6 km a day and cycling 7 km. I have tried diet after diet, pills after pills and nothing seems to remove it and i only seem to be gaining. Its making me depressed and snappy and i cant even get into clothes i bought 6 months ago when i was working. I look back at the photos only 2 years ago and i had a lovely figure (back then i didnt appreciate it though) and now i look at photos and swear the camera has dumped 2 stone on me. It hasnt. My body has. I just dont know what to do, im so weak when it comes to dieting that i only manage a few days (although i dont pig out on cakes, crisps and chocolate). I dont suppose the alcohol helps as OH is very slim and can get away with may nights out on the ale without adding a pound and i do the same and pile it on. I know how you feel. I have never been this weight in my life. :( Ive gone from a small 10 to size 14 (i can get in some size 12 things at a push but not all of them!)

well i thought id may aswell post here! im 5ft7 and 12st 2, apparently my BMI is in the over weight range and to get in in the middle of the healthy range i need to lose 2 STONE!!! ive been putting it off for agggges cuz i thought it would be unhealthy to diet whislt ttc and only gonna get fat whilst preg anyway. BUT my self confidence has taken a bit of a nose dive, so i thought id try and eat healthy/get active rather than a crash diet so this should be safe when ttc and hopfully lose a few pounds in the process. i worked out that in a year and a half i have put on NEARLY 4 STONE!!!! thats sickening isnt it. my poor OH, def not the girl i used to be when he met me :(

Hi Dina. I have always been a steady 9st 2-3lbs. My weight has never really changed while i was in the UK. I maintanined the same weight in Spain for about a year but then we lived on the 4th floor apartment which meant every time i went out i had to walk down 100 stairs and then 100 to get back home. I did this maybe 3 times a day and once every 2 days with heavy shopping bags. Then i moved to another area, bought a car, didnt work etc so no exercise. In 18 months i have gone from 9st 3lbs to nearly 12 stone!!!! I am 5ft 7 (3/4) inches. I cant believe it i am devastated. I am sure i must have an underactive thyroid or something as even when i joined the gym recently (dont go anymore) i never lost anything and i was running 6 km a day and cycling 7 km. I have tried diet after diet, pills after pills and nothing seems to remove it and i only seem to be gaining. Its making me depressed and snappy and i cant even get into clothes i bought 6 months ago when i was working. I look back at the photos only 2 years ago and i had a lovely figure (back then i didnt appreciate it though) and now i look at photos and swear the camera has dumped 2 stone on me. It hasnt. My body has. I just dont know what to do, im so weak when it comes to dieting that i only manage a few days (although i dont pig out on cakes, crisps and chocolate). I dont suppose the alcohol helps as OH is very slim and can get away with may nights out on the ale without adding a pound and i do the same and pile it on. I know how you feel. I have never been this weight in my life. :( Ive gone from a small 10 to size 14 (i can get in some size 12 things at a push but not all of them!)

Hi Dina and Sammy :wave:

I am also 5ft 7inch and currently weight 12st 12bls I need to be at least 11 stone.

I used to weigh around 10st 5bls and was a size 10, Then gradually over the past 2 years my weight has just gone up, so now currently a size 14 :( because I am tall it's hard to tell I am over weight. I too have some lovely clothes that don't fit anymore.

But since last week I have started dieting and eating more healthy foods, epecially fruit and veg.

I know I can loose the weight :dance:

Hi, im going to have to otherwise i can see myself continuing to expand. I cant really diet until i get back home which i hope will be wednesday so i could start maybe after the weekend or maybe Thursday. I have to try and have some willpower! :roll:

on a positive note ive lost 5lbs in 2 weeks. how on earth did i manage that? ive been eating approx 1500 cals a day but not really being any more active than normal. must be doing something right. yay.

no i cant add up, its 7 pounds!! i lost 2lbs the first week, some how this week ive lost 5 lbs? huh? :think: confused but happy :D

Hi Girls,

Can I join too? I am also 5ft 7 and just over 12 stone as well, I used to weigh 10 stone which was perfect but have really piled on the pounds recently.

So we have just been for a nice long walk this morning and I'm gonna start my healthy eating regime from tomorrow properly. Is anyone doing weight watchers or slimming world? I just wondered if they were any good or a waste of money.

I know it's gonna be hard as tbh I am a real sweet addict, I could eat a bag of Haribo a day given the chance.

ooh forgot to say well done on the loss so far :D

hi lorna, yeh def jump on the wagon with us.

all ive done which i found really helped is keeping a food diary and monitoring how many calories im eating. ive been doing really well eating around 1500 cals a day and ive lost half a stone already (!) but i must have been eating waaayyy over a womans rda of 2000 before i tried losing some weight, so really its opned my eyes to how i used to eat, i was eating so much without realising. im not really depriving myself but knowing exactly what i am eating must be helping. :hug:

OK a food diary is a really good idea, it is easy to forget how much crap I eat in a day :D

Is there anywhere online that you can calculate how many calories is in stuff? I'll have a google.

Just weighed myself for the first time properly in a while :( it's worse than I thought.

Weight 12st 13lbs
Fat percentage 33.9%
BMI 28.4
:wall: :wall: :wall:

Anyway I have just found another wicked website online and have signed up to it.

www.foodfocus.co.uk

You enter in your weight, daily food/exercise intake etc and it works out your calorie intake etc for free, is also a good food diary as well.

I'm wondering now if my weight has been a big factor in not becoming pregnant yet.

The healthy regime starts now...

good luck hun :hug:

focusing on eating well has taken my mind of ttc a little so theres a plus in itself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back