Salads, Exercise and Dropping Dress Sizes

PotatoHead

Reaction score
So I've decided to start to seriously try to lose some weight to help TTC and to feel generally better about myself.
So if anyone fancies talking diet tips, weigh-ins, healthy recipes, exercise, falling off the wagon (!) and boasting about how many pounds you've dropped.... I want to hear it all.

I am aiming to get to a size 14 but don't really know how much weight I need/aim to lose - I'm just going to set little goals.

When the night shift calms down I'll update better x but count me in x

Me too, I lost three stone three years ago but I've put a stone back on:( really want to lose that extra one :) xx

I'm here too. Want to lose some weight. Decided today to really go for it and so far so good. :) Just need some butt kicking to keep me on track cos I'm way to easily distracted by food lol

theres a few diet threads in the health beauty and dieting section mrs, u shud all coem in there so theres loooads of us in the one place!! some of us are doing slimming world and some are just dieting by themselves and some are calorie counting i think so whatever suits yas :) ive lost 8lb in 2 weeks at slimming world!! :D xxx

I have a good recipe for low fat fish pie if any wants it! Tried and gorgeous doesn't taste low calories x
Got it from BBC goodfood guide online and loads other recipes for 200-400 calories x

I'm in, currently 12st 5lb, think I weighed 13st 9lb about 4months ago? will find out later though x x

Hi ladies, my best diet tip is eat fish! Fish with everything! Cut out potatoes, pastas and bread for one month before slowly reintroducing it! The weight will drop off! Also a really yummy treat (as oyu have to give up biscuits and chocolate too -booooooo.) is cereal with dried fruit in it mixed with low fat natural yogurt. Really nice. I am a former UK athlete - and this is how I kept and keep trim! Once the initial week is over - your body quicly adapts! good luck ladies xxxx

omg i cud not do that i think i wud actually die!! not for me im afraid lol xxx

Drummer's wife - I would love the fish pie recipe, I love love love fish:)

i diet through my drs she monitors my weight every 3/4 weeks and on a calorie diet no more than 1200
although you cant help going over it a little bit (i do by about 40 cals a day....not all the time though) really
you should healthly loose 2 lb per week but obv with slimming world an weight watchers its different
i have 1200 a day and use myfitnesspal (user name de_li if anyone wanted to add me!!??) you should
allow yourself a day as a sin day mine is tuesdays as i get weighed then so that day i wlways have what i want
within reason and i mainly eat ww foods (so many out there) although they sometimes taste blergh lol
hope that helps ive lost roughly 2 stone since jan bmi was 34.9 and now 30.5 xxxx

I'm in too!! My bmi is 35 and the doctor says I need to lose at least 2-2.5 stone!! I've been really good the last two days and gone back to having breakfasts.

Drummers - please send me the fish pie recipe too xx

this is the link to the fish pie recipe and the BBC good food website- ive found loads of recipes on there x x

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1372/fish-pie-with-swede-and-potato-topping

Ingredients
  • 500g floury potatoes , cut into chunks
  • 1 medium swede (weighing about 600g/1lb 5oz), cut into chunks
  • 200g tub low-fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs (I used philadelphia light garlic and herb version)
  • 150ml vegetable stock
  • 4 tsp cornflour , blended with 2 tbsp cold water
  • 650g skinless, boneless cod , cut into large chunks ( i put 650g of mixed fish - salmon, cod + haddock - was gorgeous)
  • 100g cooked peeled prawns
  • 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley (i used mixed fish herb pack from asda!)
easy_btn.gif

Serves 4
Preparation and cooking times

total_time.gif
Ready in about 1¼ hours

Low-fat, Super healthy

method_hdr.gif

1. Cook the potatoes and swede in boiling water until tender (about 20 minutes).
  2. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5/fan 170C.While the potatoes and swede cook, put the soft cheese and stock into a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring with a wooden spoon, until blended and smooth. Now add the blended cornflour and cook until thick.
  3. Stir the fish into the sauce with the prawns and parsley. Season with some pepper.
  4. Tip the mixture into a 1.5 litre/2¾ pint baking dish. Drain the potatoes and swede, mash them well and season with black pepper. Spoon the mash over the fish to cover it completely. Bake for 25-30 minutes until piping hot, then transfer to a hot grill for a few minutes to brown the top. Serve with frozen peas or sweetcorn.
enjoy girls i loved this!! i made it for me- then split it into containers to take to work - as hubby dont like fish pie x

Last edited:
just found this too girls- im gona give it a go on friday i think - will let ya know how it goes

Skinny Chicken Chow Mein

· Preparation Time: 40 minutes
· Cooking Time: 6 minutes
· Serves: 3
· Calories: 287 per serving
Ingredients
· 175g Noodles, Egg, Medium
· 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Sunflower
· 1 Med Onion/90g Onions
· 2 Cloves/6g Garlic
· 175g Bean Sprouts
· 175g Mange Tout
· 225g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless & Boneless
· 2 Tbsps/30ml Sauce, Soy, Dark
· 10g Ginger Root
· 5g Five Spice Powder
Method
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5
Put a piece of foil (Approx 30x40cm) onto a baking sheet and brush the centre with 1 Teaspoon/5 ml of the oil.
Place the chicken breasts, side by side, onto the centre of the foil, and sprinkle with 30ml of water. Close the foil around the chicken to make a loose, but tightly closed, parcel.
Bake the chicken in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven, allow it to cool slightly, shred and set aside.
Thinly slice the onion, garlic and ginger, and top and tail the mange tout.
Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the pack instructions.
In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, and stir-fry the onion and ginger over high heat for 2-3 minutes until onion is softened.
Add the garlic, bean sprouts, mange tout and five spice powder, and continue stir-frying for a further minute.
Drain the noodles well and add to the wok/frying pan, add shredded chicken and soy sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes until piping hot. Serve immediately.

Prawns with Mango and Mangetout

When you are stir frying, you use only a drizzle of oil; but the intense heat built up in the wok seals in the nutrients of the food, making for healthy eating. This dish has 245 calories per serving.
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 225 grams peeled prawns
  • 1 medium onion
  • 175 grams mangetout
  • 1 large, ripe mango
  • a little vegetable or sesame oil
  • 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
  • 1 tbsp dry sherry
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 level tsp cornflour
Halve and thinly slice the onion. Prepare the mangetout. Peel and slice the mango. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Stir-fry the onion and coarsely grated ginger for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add the mangetout and prawns and fry for 1 minute.
Add the mango, sherry and soy sauce and fry for 1 minute while mixing the cornflour with 1 tbsp water. Add the cornflour to the pan, cooking and stirring for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately, with freshly cooked rice or noodles.

anyone got any other nice low fat recipes?!
i love cooking on my days off so look forward to trying new things x

Well done on the weightloss everybody!

I had my second weigh in today and have lost 6lb so far which I am chuffed about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back