TTC HEALTHY/ WEIGHTLOSS CHALLENGE Updated 29*12

Loola said:
I lost a lb last week :) Havent really been eating any less just eating alot healthier. I dont drink coffee at all anymore, only green tea. Been having cereal for breakfast, either soup or a sandwich on brown bread for my lunch and then a healthy tea, generally meat with new potatoes and lots of veg or a pasta dish. I have been going for a walk along the seafront every night after work, and will do a much longer walk today. Im feeling so much better in myself.

I have completely cut out smoking, eating fast food, takeaways, crisps and have only had one chocolate bar and a large cookie in 2 weeks. Thats amazing for me as I am a chocoholic. I have been getting my sugar fix by having honey on toast instead.

WD hon thats fantastic, if u keep doing a steady lb a week not only is it more likely to stay off but in 4 weeks you will notice a different!! An achievement also makes you feel better within yourself...

x

Here's some tips for this week girls keep up the good work!

Portion sizes: Did you know by cutting down on your portion sizes can make a massive difference to not only your wasitline but your general health? by overeating you risk raising sugar levels which can later leave you feeling hungrier and making the wrong choices. Remember that your tum can only hold so much food to process, too much can often make you feel sleepy and sluggish...

Spread your food out throughout the day: Don't starve yourself during the day only to come home and raid the kitchen cupboards, remember to keep eating throughout the day healthy snacks count too!

Do some fun excercise: Take a pole dancing class, go ice skating, bowling or have sex! All great ways to burn calories and fun ways of excercising!

Proteins, fats and carbs: They are all equally important and do different things for our bodies remember to try to include them all at every meal good proteins are fish, white meat and beans and pulses, healthy fats come from avocados, nuts, oily fish and great carbs are baked potatoes, pasta and grains and vegetables.

Sandwiches are soooo yesterday: Sandwichs are a quick and easy lunch but what about something a bit different, make a hearty warm salad using salmon, boiled egg a few new potatoes and lots of leafy green veggies, or pasta salad with tuna.

Hold the mayo!: Too many things these days contain mayo, it might taste great but it holds a ton of calories and saturated fat, opt for light mayo, salad cream or if making salads and sandwichs why not try mustard or cottage cheese?

Goof luck for this week!!

x

Right ladies I'm starting again lol. Put on 2lb since I started.

Back on track no though and determined.

Weighing in at 11st 10lb

Thanks so much for posting all that info Steelgoddess, its really good to know. I am really enjoying this healthy eating malarky! Id still kill for a Wispa mind you but I WILL BE STRONG!!!

Loola maybe if you REALLY need chocolate try a highlights hot choc, or a small dab of nutella on some toast just as yum but half the calories...

Good luck SK you can do it!!!

Feel free to PM me if you girls get stuck!

x

xx

Hi All,

I decided to try and lose a bit of weight to increase fertility :cheer:

I joined up with Tesco diets online and its been great. You have a weekly menu plan and a shopping list. The recipes have been great. We've made salmon fish cakes, a lovely thai chicken and rice dish, chilli con carne - all really tasty, yet healthy food! You input all details about your lifestyle and can chose the type of diet you want to go on.

Its working for me. After 2 weeks I've lost about 6 pounds.

On Friday I had a treat, a bie and bacon panini and on the site there's a section where you can write notes, so I though I'd make a note of my non-diet meal - and the next day I got an email from one of their consultants! :oops: :oops:

Just a recommendation :wave:

lost 3lbs again this week! that puts me at 6lbs in 2 weeks :cheer:
x

Keep up the good work girls!!

How did everyone get on with weigh ins yesterday??

xxx

Hi Sharne. :wave: My weight stayed the same this week, but I think thats because AF is on her way, Im bloated and retaining water. Ive lost 7lbs altogether so far though. :cheer: Only a stone to go! Cant believe Ive lost half a stone already. :shock: I think its going to take alot longer for it to come off from now on.

Well done everyone :cheer: :cheer:

Loola, that AF is a real witch :shakehead: I'm sure you'll lose loads next week :D

I lost 2lbs this week :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

how's everyone doin on this? I've lost 17lbs so far :shock:

cant believe it!

x

Anybody want to start up with me on losing some weight while TTC?

I want to lose 13 pounds, I've joined weightwatchers and had my first weigh in last night

My goal is to hit my target weight by July 24th

I figure it will help take my mind off TTC a little bit too!!

H, yes im interested, I want to start properly on Monday (always a good day - NOT!) I want to lose 2 st 3 lbs so im back to 9 st 2lbs. Warning i dont have much willpower but ill try! :lol:

My target is around 9. I just got back from 2 weeks in the states and I'm over 10 stone :oops: so I really want to lose that before I get pregnant otherwise I've just got more to worry about after!

Ooo me me!!!

I've just joined Slimming World (ahem again....) and nearly fell through the floor when I saw the scales. 12st 1lb :shock:
I'm only 4ft 11in so should be around 7st 7lbs.

Got a long way to go but I'm determined to do it this time :shakehead:

What day do you get weighed on Skairdy? I'm on a Monday night so I'll post on Tuesdays. Lost 4 pounds this week & then had a curry to celebrate!!! Least I've got a week to work it off...

I get weighed on Monday too :D

Well done on this weeks weight loss hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back