TTC and Running - do they go??

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
My OH and me have whats called me time, away from being a mummy or a daddy to do what we enjoy and I feel like ttc is taking over my me time, stressing me out and making my anxiety pop up.
This time last year i was training to do the Liverpool half marathon in March and running quite alot of 10ks throughout the year and would really like to get back into it. Do you think that running could effect ttc in anyway? x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm I havnt got a clue hunni!

Didn't Jordan do that when she in the early stages of her pregnancy?? Don't remember anybody saying in the papers it was a bad thing lol

xx

Hey :wave:

It should be fine hun, maybe do it at a slower pace but defo worth continuing

When I was really into my fitness, a girl at the gym carried on her fitness regime right up until a month before baby was born

xxx

xxx

Thanks hunny, Jordan ran the marathon a few days after she mc, i think hunny.

Im just thinking if my body is already used to running maybe it would be ok but i thought id ask to make sure as i wouldnt want to cause any problems x x

Thanks Kezza, really need to find something other than babythings to do in my me time. Im loving doing my knitting but im still thinking about ttc while doing it!! x x

I read about it in a running magazine that if your body is used to something then should be fine cos your not putting it under new stress if that makes sense

xxx

I read about it in a running magazine that if your body is used to something then should be fine cos your not putting it under new stress if that makes sense

xxx

That's exactly what I was gonna say. It's totally fine if you're used to it :)
I was gonna go today but I'm falling asleep here. I'm starting tomorrow now and going to bed early in prep!
Xxx

Ooohhh i want to put on my nike lunars now but Adams being a pain on the bum, the match is on and ive got a huge pile of ironing not to mention i dont feel to good, maybe tomorrow then! x x

Oops sorry hun, not really the best comparison that one was it !!

xx

Oops sorry hun, not really the best comparison that one was it !!

xx

Still pregnancy related hunny and as much info as i can get helps as i wouldnt want to do anything that can cause any risks x x

Glad you asked this question hon as I've been wondering the same thing about exercise, been wanting to go on my treadmill but was a bit unsure. It's good to have other things to keep you occupied to take your mind of TTC, and training for a marathon would give you a goal and something positive to work towards x x x

i have started going to the gym and am going to continue, even if little bean arrives....just wont do the power plate (shakes you like mad! ha ha) or heavy weights. but will keep up the treadmill (fast walking cos i cant run) and bikes and ctross trainer etc....

determined to get this weight off for the wedding and so dont wanna have any excuses really...and i would easily come up with any excuse..trust me!

I will just mention it to the gym instructor and get him to advise me xx

I did fast walking on the treadmill when I gymmed for wedding purposes! I didn't trust running on it. Was very suspicious lol! Xxx

I did fast walking on the treadmill when I gymmed for wedding purposes! I didn't trust running on it. Was very suspicious lol! Xxx

i cant run...my boobs are too big...ha ha xx i do have an excllent bra though for the gyn.....my god it holds them in well.....it's a fantastic invention..lol :D xx

You're fine as long as you don't get pregnant and thenstart doing more exercise than you're used to - and obviously contact sports and things aren't a great idea, but nothing wrong with running...my mum was still running every day when she was 7 months pregnant with me :)

I had fertility problems for years in my previous relationship, needed clomid and suffered 4 mc. After that split I met OH who is a marathon runner, I watched him in a couple of races and caught the bug. He agreed to help me train and we really enjoyed running together, I was running and training for a race up to 5 times a week, running quite far, outside and at the gym after work. I was the fittest i've ever been and it really helped with my work stress etc. This was when I naturally conceived with our son, I'm convinced that my fitness down to the running had a lot to do with this. Because of my mc's when I found out I was pregnant my gp convinced me to slow down and take it easy which I did, but I think generally its fine as long as your used to it x

katiejane that's so interesting - different state of mind and level of fitness. The body and mind know when you're ready really dont they. So glad it all worked out for you in the end :yay:

Just been for my first run since early Dec! Loooooved it! Feeling so amazing and happy and positive :yay:

Xxxx

Ive been thinking long and hard what we are going to do if af gets me this month as im really keen to get back into my running. So ive made my mind up that as soon as af arrives im going to concentrate on training again, im not giving up on ttc but its going to take a back seat and if it happens it happens. My anxiety is making me feel like ive maybe overdone it this month with opks, temping and cervix checking and im become obsessed!! x x

:flower: :petal: :flower:

I really hope you get the :bfp: you deserve in the next few days then you won't need to worry about anything but totally understand where your coming from though

xxxxx

I completely understand where you're coming from honey TTC has sent me nuts the last few days :mad: it's easy to become obssessed and get to the point where it takes over. I think you're doing great and taking a step in the right direction to getting a good balance and having other things to focus on. You can bet the minute you start focusing on other things will be the time your BFP pops up out of nowhere x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back