Teachers TTC (but everyone's welcome)

Soooo true Kylie :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am excellent at doing 'the stare' at random kids in the supermarket/street!

No, i know Vin kilty and Andy Williams is my couz! Know them? :wave:

Hi all! :wave:
This thread is a bit quiet lately!
I guess everyone is off to enjoy their holiday from teaching...
Just wanted to let everyone know that it's back to the grindstone for me.
I started back teaching on Aug. 20th!!!!
It's almost Friday...tomorrow I finish up my first week of the year!

Everyone get out and have some fun for me, I'm stuck at school! :shakehead:
AND ready for a weekend!!! 8)

Only 2 weeks or so till we go back Boo hoo! :cry:
I don't know if I'll even have any work as I will have to go back to supply teaching until I start my maternity leave after 6 weeks time.

AnnaR2B said:
No, i know Vin kilty and Andy Williams is my couz! Know them? :wave:
OMG, Mr Kilty!! Yes, I remember him very very well. I did 'A' Level Theology, he was a brilliant guy, loads of respect for him!! I used to have a not very well hidden crush on his partner in crime, Aiden Dowell. It is indeed a very small world.

Andy Williams rings a bell...did/does he teach History?

Welcome Bee.
Best of luck.
Hope you get the result you want when you do test.
:)

does%20he%20teach%20History
Umm. geog i think! very small world xx

Girls - I've got prinipal problems!!!

My school got a new principal this year - and he's STRICT!!! He came in saying we HAD to use a certain format for our lesson plans - which required 30 PAGES per week!!!! :shock:
He's going to "inspect our classrooms for cleanliness". :shock:
We will have 6 formal evaluations per year! :talkhand:

Anyone dealt with this kind of principal before????
I THINK I'm on his good side, but how do I make sure and how do I stay there???

I mean, I know what I'm doing is good teaching...so I'm not too worried...but if he had it out for you :shock: ...just imagine!

I had a head teacher like this at my last school.

She thought up new superfluous schemes and systems every week and insisted everyone follow them to the letter without question. She was also very divisive and tried to make sure people tried to get on her good side. It is ridiculous, we are there to benefit children not jump through stupid, and unnecessary hoops set up by some megalomaniac manager.

I left pretty sharp and got a job at a new school where the head treats you like a professional. I would advise you to do the same...no job is worth the stress of a bully. :hug: :hug:

Good advice Happybunny.
Seems like every teacher at my school is looking to jump ship for next year.
I'm considering it.
I just work with such underpriviledged kids that NEED good teachers...so I don't want to move and leave them for whoever will put up with him/isn't good enough to find a job elsewhere!
I'm just gonna see how the first semester works out before I make a final decision. I may HAVE to go somewhere else.

Hello!

I'm a primary school teacher going into my 4th year of teaching I'm 27 years old. Teacher in Year one.
My husband and I have been married for 5 years and are planning on starting to try in December, exciting times :)

Just wondering how supportive other people found their schools? I am hoping to have a full year off as we would have no one to help out with childcare. I know this means a short period of unpaid leave but hoping to go back to work for a couple of days before the Summer holiday or go back to work 1st day of the holiday to get paid for that bit plus baby would be 6 weeks older before I had to return to work.

Is there a minimal number of days you have to return to work before the holidays to get paid for them?

Cheers everyone :)

Hi babydream,

I'm a secondary school teacher and my husband and I are also planning to try in December!

We have had lots of maternity leaves at our place recently and as far as I know, there hasn't been a problem with any of them. I think the public sector is pretty good in that respect. Most women I know have come back to work just before a holiday so they get paid- it seems a bit cheeky but if the rules allow you to do it-why not?! :)

I would also want to have the full year off. I don't think there's a minimum amount of days. Someone at ours came back for 2 days in July.

Hope your first day back wasn't too much of a shock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back