To Mums of babies born in June

minxie

Reaction score
My little one is due in June and Im wondering if baby will be ok in short sleeve vest and a standard sleepsuit in hospital? Also, will a 2.0 tog grobag be ok to sleep in at home?

I know as it gets hotter in July/August I'll need to remove layers, but I can't rememeber June being hot..just rememeber it being cool and drizzly with rain? Is my memory serving me correct?

summer was born june 10, it was a very hot day but even so i still would have only packed short sleeved vests and normal babygrows as hospitals are generally hot, i packed a shawl/cot blanket as well to swaddle her in

the gro bag should be fine as well hun as houses again are normally warm :hug:

I didn't have a baby in June but I got married on June 9th 2007 and it was scorching!!! I nearly passed out in my wedding dress because I was so hot and in the middle of the day I had to go to my room, take my dress off and have a cold shower to cool me down.

From what I remember last year was hot on 9th June too because we went out for a picnic for our first anniversary and we had to sit under a tree.

Don't know about the rest of the month though!!! :rotfl:

Oliver was born June 16th, and he needed the heater over him!!

Chrissy1 said:
I didn't have a baby in June but I got married on June 9th 2007 and it was scorching!!! I nearly passed out in my wedding dress because I was so hot and in the middle of the day I had to go to my room, take my dress off and have a cold shower to cool me down.

From what I remember last year was hot on 9th June too because we went out for a picnic for our first anniversary and we had to sit under a tree.

Don't know about the rest of the month though!!! :rotfl:

yep june 9th was a scorcher last yr as it was my induction day so i remember it well!!!! :rotfl:

I was married on 21st June last year - it was drizzly in the morning and then it dried up and was pleasantly warm and dry :)
it's difficult to plan with the unpredictability of british weather!

Sam was born (Friday!) June 13th. It was fairly cool that week, but as hosptials are warm he was fine with short sleeve vest, cotton sleeptsuit and swaddled in a sheet. I found swaddling a godsend personally but not all babies like it.

I remember all the staff saying that iwas a nightmare the week before as we'd had a mini heatwave and it made the ward horribly hot, so I would guess then it would just be vest and swaddle.

2..0 grobag might be a bit warm.....I only use a 2.5 tog now with a sheet over him.

hth

Lisa

Fi was born June 5th and it was rainy but not too cold. Maternity wards are REALLY hot. Fi was in a normal short sleeved vest, sleepsuit and a normal blanket folded to make 2 layers.

At home we used a 2 tog bag and she was warm enough :D

:wave: my princess was born in june '07, it was a rainy summer but still very warm. i put her in just a babygrow, (longsleeve) and the midwife praised me for having a "nice cool baby"! most people mistakenly believe all newborns need wrapping up in warm layers- but this is not the case unless its actually cold! take a cardi or something just in case its chilly, but a babygrow will be fine. if ur baby has cold hands or feet thats normal- check the back of their necks or their chest to get an idea of how warm they actually are :hug: x

Caelan was born mid April and we only had him in a short sleeve vest and a sleepsuit. It was absolutely boiling in the hospital. When we took him home we just put a light weight coat on him for the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back