The Late Night Feeding Thread

So we've come to the conclusion that men are useless then?? Lol

they are such a cliché arent' they? all starting off well and then using the 'i work' excuse. i said to my OH that i've been working for the past 15 years, i know what it feels like to go to work everyday and so i have the right to say that this is much harder than going to work some days!

worse than 'i work' though can you believe my OH actually says...... 'i've been to the gym' :shock: that does not go down well i can tell you. the gym is his hobby and pleasure, he cant' use that as an excuse for not doing enough at home!!! xx

Wish I got time to go to the gym! That's the first thing I've had to cut back on since having a baby! Winds me up even more when they lay in bed till lunch time with a hangover! But if I was lucky enough to get the night off to even get a hangover I know I'd still be the one up looking after the baby!

So we've come to the conclusion that men are useless then?? Lol

they are such a cliché arent' they? all starting off well and then using the 'i work' excuse. i said to my OH that i've been working for the past 15 years, i know what it feels like to go to work everyday and so i have the right to say that this is much harder than going to work some days!

worse than 'i work' though can you believe my OH actually says...... 'i've been to the gym' :shock: that does not go down well i can tell you. the gym is his hobby and pleasure, he cant' use that as an excuse for not doing enough at home!!! xx

Wish I got time to go to the gym! That's the first thing I've had to cut back on since having a baby! Winds me up even more when they lay in bed till lunch time with a hangover! But if I was lucky enough to get the night off to even get a hangover I know I'd still be the one up looking after the baby!

this is why i've avoided nights out with my friends since LO arrived, even if OH said he would get up with him, he would huff and puff and make so many mistakes that i would end up doing it myself and wouldn't cope well with a hangover! x

Sounds just like my OH, he keeps telling me to get a night out, bit hard with a demanding breastfeeder who wont take a bottle!

I've decided I'll just do the night shift on my own tonight :) x

For me tonight it's a pleasure 2 feed LO right now...fin has slept from 7.30 til now (6.5hrs) and he did 7-1am yesterday as well :) :love: amazing! This must be a 6-week turnaround for him xx he'll now wake at 5/6 I hope then 8/9 :) xxx

Stay strong mrs mc!

We've had no crying at all tonight since I've put Sophie down on my own.

Kept her in the moby wrap till about midnight and she then had a feed and went straight back to sleep. She's woken up now and had another feed and is back to sleep again although I haven't put her in her crib yet.

Just finished feeding and changing V and she's fast asleep again (I wish I could drop off that quickly!). Now feeling a bit pissed off as I'm sure I'm coming down with that lurgy DH probably brought from work, grr!

Well we are only up now for the first feed since 11 which is good. He was hank marvin though.

Since having my own l/o I see why it's women that have been designated the task in life of child bearing/giving birth etc - I'm pretty sure a lot of men would lose patience and eat their own young :oooo: (joke) but we seem to be so much better at looking after them. What's even more annoying is that even though o/h is fairly useless - baby saves all the best smiles for him normally :brat:

:hug: mrsmc you thought you were in for a tough night eh? X

We're up now lol little monkey is wide awake in his bouncer while I feel knakered and grumpy lol

We're up now lol little monkey is wide awake in his bouncer while I feel knakered and grumpy lol

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Is O not feeling well? Is that why he was up all night hourly? Can u get any help today from anyone so you can get some sleep? Take it easy hun, hopefully it's a one-off. Xx

No he seems fine he slept from 4.30pm on and off so think he thought it was day or something.

No haven't got anyone to help they r all at work :-( gonna try and have a nap if O falls asleep later

Well we are only up now for the first feed since 11 which is good. He was hank marvin though.

Since having my own l/o I see why it's women that have been designated the task in life of child bearing/giving birth etc - I'm pretty sure a lot of men would lose patience and eat their own young :oooo: (joke) but we seem to be so much better at looking after them. What's even more annoying is that even though o/h is fairly useless - baby saves all the best smiles for him normally :brat:

:hug: mrsmc you thought you were in for a tough night eh? X

DH is like super nanny! He's doing an amazing job of looking after Jonah whilst I am indisposed. I feel quite inadequate.

Oh my gawd! I've only managed to settle her without rocking or holding her!!! I gave her a bottle, burped her and put her down in her moses basket awake, she was taking a while to settle so I gave her a dummy and she's now fast asleep :dance:
Just hope she's as good the rest of the night :yay: xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Oh my gawd! I've only managed to settle her without rocking or holding her!!! I gave her a bottle, burped her and put her down in her moses basket awake, she was taking a while to settle so I gave her a dummy and she's now fast asleep :dance:
Just hope she's as good the rest of the night :yay: xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I'm so so so happy for you!!! Good girl phoebe, it's about time mummy got a break
:yay: xx

Me again, eyes burning, nose running and a suspicious ache above my eyes. Yup, it's the dreaded lurgy :(. On the bright side LO had been asleep since 7.30pm and only woke up half an hour ago giving me time to cook proper dinner to keep my strength up, and get an uninterrupted 3h sleep. Result! Next time I'll make dinner earlier and just go to bed with her instead.

Naughty baby has been fed but is thrashing around his basket!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back