The whole night into day thing...

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
Ok, day 10 and little Emily sleeps all day completly. Im having problems with feeding as she is NEVER hungery and i have to insist she eats. (she just dosent wake up, ever) EXCEPT of a night, she will wake up approx 2am and then winge (not cry) for about 3-4hours. Still refusing to eat tho. it keeps me and OH up. It would be fine if i could sleep through the day but, alas i cant. (10 month old to chase about)
I tried bathing her late (11pm) last feed, play and bed... but it seemed to make things worse! she was then awake for hours after!
Anyone got any tips to try and make her sleep in the night? it really seems she has day and night mxed up. I really cant 'just keep her awake through the day' as it takes me an hour to get a single feed down her during the day cos shes so hard to keep awake!!

Any help would be much apprieciated!!!

i dont know hun but loads of hugs cos my lil lads is now 8 weeks and is still up from 2 am :cry:

In my experience im afraid thats just something we had to ride out...

But in the early weeks mia was the same with the bath..just seemed to wake her up for the night :roll: :roll:

with us it was just something that settled with age...hope someone else can help though :hug: :hug: :hug:

if it makes you feel any better mia was sleeping through since 5 weeks and now wakes up in the night :wall: :wall: lol so il be thinking of you in the night hehe :hug:

hope it calms down soon :hug:

In my experience it was a case of I had to wake up my DD every few hours to give her a feed and started to get her ready for bed at a certain time and do wind down routine, but couldnt start wind down routine till she was about 8 weeks and had settled into a feeding routine.

I fed her every couple of hours so it would fill her tummy for nighttime and it did seem to help but as you know with a newborn its getting up all hours!!!!

I had this with harrison for the first week and a half, he was so sleepy and wouldn't feed but he got better, my midwife told me to strip him down to his nappy at feed time and that woke him up a little :)

I've only just found out you've had your little girl, so firstly, congratualtions!! What an early surprise :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I cannot help with the day, night confusion, but I have heard lots of Mummy's talk about it, I'm sure there'll be some advice as soon as they see your post :hug: I'm sure you do it anyway but lots of noise and light at daytime and quiet and subtle, dark at nighttime?

I'd also suggest talking to your HV about her feeding too, I know in the first week they sometimes feed quite little, but if its concerning you, get some reassurence there :hug:

Really hope she settles down for you soon and you find a nice routine that works for you, very very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://www.babycenter.ca/baby/sleep/upa ... dayexpert/

prehaps if a bath wakes her up a bit give her one in the morning, to hopefully wake her up a bit, and the only other thing i can suggest is make it very boring during the night, so dimly lit lights etc. and more activity during the day... tho obviously thats hard if shes hard to wake up during the day :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone - to be honest it seems to be getting better on its own... altho i now have the problem that she only settles in my arms/bed now - im ok with it for now, but supose i should nip it in the bud before she moves in permintly.

Im no longer worried about her weight either MW came today and shes put on 8oz! happy days. :) also alot keener (taking almost 90mls ever few hours as apposed to 30mls earlier in the week)

Thanks everyone :D

It's good to hear things are better for you both, and I hope they continue to do so, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back