Am I stimulating her enough?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hey girls...

How much playing/interacting/stimulation do you think is enough? I know on one hand you can probably never have enough but then we'd never have any down time or get anything else in the house done!

I talk to Naomi while she's feeding and play with her for a little while after each feed before putting her down during the day. If she sleeps, I let her sleep. If she's wakeful, I put the toy arch over her and play the little musical balloon on the mobile, or I try to make her laugh, but it's usually only for about ten minutes that I do this. She has time on her back and on her tummy on the play mat as well but I usually just let her kick away herself while on her back, and maybe go away and do the washing up while checking on her every few minutes. I always sit next to her while she's on her tummy.

IS this enough or should I be trying harder? Am I a lazy mom? I want her to get as much stimulation as I can give her but is there saturation point too?

Sue

hiya

Don't forget you baby will be getting stimulation in the pushchair, in the bath, and from the play arch thing too.
I always try and talk to Brody a lot as this is a great way to stimulate them.
I do agree sometimes I feel bad too, like Brody needs more, but we all have housework to do and dinner to make so it's finding the right balance.
As they get older they will need more stimualtion IMO, at the moment as long as they are warm and safe and you cuddle them and chat to them when you can I guess that's enough....just wait till they're old enough for play doh... then we'll have our hands full LOL

I was talking to OH about this on the phone earlier. I pretty much rotate Phoebe between her play arch and her bouncy chair throughout the day and I feel it's time to give her something else to do aswell but what? She shows no interest in rattles or musical books etc yet.
She will happily sit on the sofa for a while too and watch the dog wondering around!!! I worry she is getting bored. I know she is getting stimulation because I am constantly singing to her etc.
She still loves her play arch but is showing signs of getting bored of her bouncy chair :(

BubbleOne said:
I was talking to OH about this on the phone earlier. I pretty much rotate Phoebe between her play arch and her bouncy chair throughout the day and I feel it's time to give her something else to do aswell but what? She shows no interest in rattles or musical books etc yet.
She will happily sit on the sofa for a while too and watch the dog wondering around!!! I worry she is getting bored. I know she is getting stimulation because I am constantly singing to her etc.
She still loves her play arch but is showing signs of getting bored of her bouncy chair :(

I put Brody on his tummy looking at a baby mirror too, he will stay like it for ages he really seems to like it on his tummy for a change.

Phoebe spends her life on her tummy!! Except when she is playing with her toy arch. :lol:
Although she has just discovered how to roll over :shock:

She has a playgym but I put it away because she wouldn't lay on her back. Maybe I should get that out and try it again.

This is where Oscar likes to be - he loves it!

playtime.jpg

Emilia xx

Wow Emilia...thats a very impressive set up!! I want one!

The panda is suitable for cot or car. Also mobile comes with loads of different patterned disks and also colourful ones for when baby gets older. The panda was a gift, but mobile has been my best buy! Will let you know where to get it from if you're interested! :wink:
Emilia xx

Mobile is from "Blooming Marvellous" and called "Infant Stim-Mobile". I think I paid £25 for it. The panda mirror comes in different animals, but is called "Bear View". Do a search for it as I'm not sure which shop would sell it. Maybe John Lewis. I recently saw it in a uk baby mag advertised for £25 also.
Mobile is great buy!!!
Emilia xx :wink:

I think the mobile is made by the "manhatten toy company" as I have a book thing with the same pictures on. It's the same company that make whoozits... I love that stuff!

Hi

Isaac is mostly in his bouncer with me while I do my jobs during the day and I chat to him constantly. I bought him a rubbery teething ring and my sister bought him a baby Einsein teether and he got the hang of holding them really quick. I occasionaly have to place both his hands on them for him but he is really good at putting them to his mouth, although he did get his eye a couple of times but they have to learn dont they! He didnt hurt himself. He spends ages mouthing them and he really gets into it. Today he has been quite clingy and wanted to be held alot but i think its because Jarrods away.

He only goes in his cot at bedtime but he watches his mobile while I warm up his bottle.

I think talking to him is the best stimulation I can offer him until he can sit up and have more control over what he plays with and when. He tries to talk back to me and I love watching his little face light up.

Lou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back