Switching from cotton wool to baby wipes

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Hiya,

How old were your babies when you switched from using cotton wool to clean them to baby wipes?

Ta! Gem x

Lol i think I'm gonna use wipes the day after I leave hosp! Xx

i have mainly used wipes with Harvey as i couldn't get out of bed when in hospital to get water and also due to having my leg in a cast and crutches i can't carry anything so wipes it has been!! He's had no problems with them (i use the pampers sensitive ones) and hes now 8 weeks old!!!

Tinkerbell-I stocked up bigte on the pampers sensitive when they were on sale at boots! Makes me feel better about using them as they say "sensitive" on them lol x

They do seem nicer than some of the others!! But the hospital didn't say anything to me about using wipes on him and i was in for 3 days!!

i used pampers sensitive straight away - they were the only ones that didnt annoy her and she never got rashes at all till she teethed :D xx

Are you supposed to use cotton wool and water at first??

Ive always used wipes. Think I used huggies organic at first. Didn't even think about using cotton wool. Im switching to fleece soon though but shes never had a rash :)

ive been using wipes since day one and tegan hasnt had a rash or anything xx

I've used them since day 1 without any problems too, Cahal has a lovely soft bum lol!

i always use terry/bamboo washable wipes with my own solution (water, baby wash, lavender and cammomile). sounds gross but it's so easy x

I always used wipes! Just make sure you dry babies bum after using them to avoid them getting chapped, I use the mitts that come with the baby towels x

I used them from day one , I know your supposed to use cotton wool and water .. but the first dirty nappy was so bad It was never going to work haha

I used them after a few weeks as sarah pooed in every nappy and had a sore spot at 3 days - never had a sore bum since - i just make sure she has nappy off time everyday x

we still use cotton wool and water! i on the odd occation use huggies baby whipes but not often. i used pampers sensetive to remove my makeup, n it stung my eyes so im not using them on noa x

we have swopped yesterday to using johnsons baby wipes for Layla, partly cos cotton wool wasnt really shifting poop all that well, and OH has a huge phobia of cotton wool and i wanted him to help with nappy changes,lol

i use them to take my makeup off and havnt had any problems,

she had a sore bum today from a big poo but after some sudocrem she is on the mend to a sof bum again, :)

i think its one of those things that try it and see how it goes for you and Blake

xxx

I used wipes straight away but use cotton wool when top and tailing and bath time so he gets a good clean around there

Thanks girls. I have about 20 packs of the huggies ones so I'll try them on him tomorrow. Xxx

the hospital where really nasty to a first time mum when I was in they where changing the babies bum as the girl had had a section and they said where is your cotton wool she said oh I dont have any I brought baby wipes she shouted at her and said dont you know you shouldnt use baby wipes on a new born baby you will have to ask somebody to bring you some cotton wool in for you. I felt so sorry for the girl she said oh no I'm sorry I will ring my boyfriend, at the end of the day its your choice

the hospital where really nasty to a first time mum when I was in they where changing the babies bum as the girl had had a section and they said where is your cotton wool she said oh I dont have any I brought baby wipes she shouted at her and said dont you know you shouldnt use baby wipes on a new born baby you will have to ask somebody to bring you some cotton wool in for you. I felt so sorry for the girl she said oh no I'm sorry I will ring my boyfriend, at the end of the day its your choice
Thats so harsh ! , poor girl . They insisted I used cotton wool too , I just didn't hahah

I used wipes from the start wiv all of mine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back