washing new clothes

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
When can I stop washing all Maia's new clothes before she wears them?

Im still using cotton wool and water for nappy changes and will be swapping to wipes once I run out of the cotton wool supplies that I bought when pregnant, by which time she will be apprximately 6-8 weeks old. I thought this would be a good time to stop but im unsure. What do you think?

I never washed new clothes before my kids were born to be honest :oops: Nothing bad happened as a result lol

edit: and I used wipes from day 1 - oh god I'm so bad :oops: :lol:

tbh cheapy makes i do , but some stuff that have felt ok i havent :oops:

and yes ffrom 6 weeks i was using wipes , prob from 3 weeks tbh cos hv said i could :lol:

I'm still on the cotton wool and water here but only because wipes don't agree with her at all. I try to use wipes when we're out but don't have much luck and she always seems to end up with a rash after no matter what. Works out cheaper, too.

We still wash new clothes too because I prefer the smell of fairy to the smell of shop :lol:

I've never washed new clothes either.
And i used wipes when i got out of hospital. I used their cotton wool to save my stuff for when i got home.

I washed all the clothes for birth....but thats just to get her used to my fabric softner.. but never after unless it smelled rank...I used wipes from day one...I was told to get wipes for lil miss when she was in the scbu :think:

I wash all new clothes for Jenna, using fairy non-bio & fairy or comfort fabric softener.

I still use cotton wool & water if it's just wee, and I use wipes first with poo, but then go over with cottoen wool & water afterwards. She seems to get a rash so easily from the wipes (using pampers non-fragrenced sensitive) and her bum always feels tacky afterusing the wipes, so I'm sticking with the cotton wool water, then dry with a towel. Not so easy when we're out but there's always a sink to get water from! I think she has inherited my sensitive skin, which has just got worse since starting solids. Am now using Pampers Sensitive nappies with her which seem the best, and still giving her plenty of air time

i haver never washed new clothes and never had a problem

I always wash new clothes, even for me as I don't like the chemically smell they have.

I used wipes from 6 weeks on, but I usually use reusable wipes with just water when at home

I wash Finlay's stuff sometimes but not all the time.

I have been using wipes for a while too but only thew Nature ones as everything else hurts his bum

I've just ordered some more reusable wipes though so will be giving them a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back