Baby wipes

Lilelephant

Reaction score
So at hospital we were told to use warm water and cotton wool to wipe him when changing nappy but it doesn't really do the job and i feel like I am rubbing way to hard! So I cracked open the baby wipes this morning and they work much much better! We use the perfume free sensitive ones. Hope it doesn't make his bum sore :-/

Hey,
Congratulations xx
I must admit I did use cotton wool and water for a bit and then went onto wipes. But i know many people use wipes straight away. It wont do any harm. I love Huggies wipes xxxx

I used wipes straight away, i didnt realise they recommended cotton wool. He never had a sore bum. I find the Pampers and Huggies are more moist; so depends on what you're cleaning up ;)

We used baby wipes (unscented) from the moment Jack was born. He did 5 meconuim poos in a row and it would never have come off with cotton wool! He's also never had a sore bum. Orlando should be fine! :) x

I only used cotton woll for a few days then went onto pampers sensitiv, much easier!

I used cotton wool for the 1st couple of days then switched to wipes and my LO has never had a sore bum. I use huggies pure as I find them the softest and Iceland always have them on offer for £1! My friend was asking where I bought my water wipes from the other day (she is 36 weeks) and I was like my what!? She said her mw told her to use them or cotton wool (she cant stand to touch cotton wool)and not wipes (they are £8 a pack!)

S
xx

I started using cotton wall and water but what a pain especially in the middle of the night!! lol Like you say it just does not do a great job either. I now use wipes and I think I've tried quite a few - huggies, pampers and boots sensitive brand. Jack did get a bit of a sore bum so maybe he has fairly sensitive skin however I now apply sudocrem at each nappy change and it works wonders - no sore bum anymore!!

Ive only ever used cotton wool an water in dire emergancies and ended up with far more poo on my hands or on the changing matt that actually getting it off sams bum!I seemed to just spread it around!Weve always used huggies wipes!I like the ones with aloe vera in or the shea butter ones xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

I've used wipes from day 1 and Tegans been fine x

I only use cotton will when lo has a sore bum, have used wipes from very early on x

I've only ever used wipes too and no problems at all. x

I was wondering about this as thought cotton wool would stick iykwim. I've got loads of wipes and then mw had said about the water and wool thing! Glad everyone uses them.x

We use warm water morning and night, but the rest of the time we use huggies wipes. We started off with pampers, but Oz's bot bot is more suited to huggies so we stuck with them. If he does a poo morning or night though we wipe it off with the wipes rather than warm water!

If you can, do some nappy free time also hun. Does their little bums n bits good to get some air to them. But remember to put a towel down and stay head end lol

I felt so guilty in the hospital because I used wipes straight away and everyone looked down on me. Ours are fragranced but really good on his skin, we've had no irritations in almost three months so I'm happy with them. Really can't imagine wool gets everything up! Would have been a nightmare with Caleb's sticky black poos in the beginning! xx

I used wipes from 3 weeks, so much easier! No reaction to them but use sudocream a few times a day.

We use cotton wool pads and water at home and wipes when we're out. I actually find that cotton wool cleans better than wipes but it is not convenient when out. Our LO seems to have sensitive skin though, so she got a sore bum even with the cotton wool so we also use Sudocream every time too.
I don't think it makes a huge difference whether you use wipes or not. Certainly not a reason for anyone to look down on people!

Last edited:
We used wipes from day one, including the midwives in hospital!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back