How many people used wipes/cotton wool on new baby?

Laur_250

Reaction score
Just wondering how many used wipes on new baby with changing and how many used the cotton wool and water as I know alot of people say to use only.

Also if you started on cotton wool at what age did you start using wipes??

And if you always used wipes did you have any problems??

Thanks girls!xx

I didn't vote as I use both! We were going to try with just cotton wool but it was easier with wipes.
What we do when at home is use wipes and then wipe over with cotton wool and water so no wipe residue is left on her bottom. But when we're out we just use wipes and haven't had any problems with them.

We did all this from day 1!

We still use cotton wool and water whenever possible as Ella gets nappy rash if we use wipes (have only ever used sensitive ones). If we are out we use wipes as there is not always water available. Also if she does a really bad poo, we use wipes and then wash off after as BabyBee said.

Cotton wool and water all the way at home. Never touch wipes. TBH I find cotton wool easy to use and like I can use warm water on LO's bottom. When out I use wipes but get the sensitive skin ones and keep it to a minimum and always wipe off with water if I can and pat dry.

When mine were all tiny we used just cotton wool then when they were 5-6 months i used wipes

I used cotton wool and water for the first few weeks and then changed to unscented wipes. Now I use what ever is on special deal.

We have never had a problem with our lo's skin at all using wipes and will continue to use them. x

I used cotton wool and water till he got a bit older and went onto wipes.

i use cotton wool at home & wipes when were out and about

I used cotton wool pads once (hate hate hate the stuff) in hospital when the peditritian was doing the check up and he'd chosen that moment to poo and I didn't wanna use wipes for fear of being told off. Always used wipes otherwise though and had no problems at all. Other than the choice of wipes - had to try a couple before we found out which were and weren;t ok on his skin. x

I used cotton wool in hospital but just to save my wipes.

We used cotton wool at first then changed to wipes at around 6-8 weeks i think :)

We just used cotton wool and water for the first month. Now we still use water and use cotton wool for poo and use tiny muslins for pee. You get a pack of 50 top and tail muslins from Mothercare for £5.99 and they are fantastic!

I've only used one wipe on her - when changing her in a pub :D It was a herbal one by Jackson Reece and I checked out all the ingredients first. Their old wipes were great but their new ones are even more natural and eco-friendly. Watch out for a rogue batch in supermarkets with nasty chemicals in though (don't panic - it's the same nasty chemicals that are in most other brands of wipes).

i have bought both but to be honest i have a real problem with cotton wool as it makes meel feel sick using it, just the feel of it makes me go funny so i guess i will use wipes and get hubby to use cotton wool.

We've used wipes from day one and have never had a problem. I used a wipe on her face once and would never do it again, she got all dry :(

We use cotton wool. I occasionally use Nature baby wipes when we're out but they really don't agree with her bum so whenever there's a changing facility we use cotton wool and water. I have a big roll of it though, because small cotton wool balls just don't cut the mustard.

So to speak. :rotfl:

Great replies- thanks everyone! I think I will use cotton wool if I can at home to start with otherwise I will use wipes but wipe off with cotton wool after as some of you say, and definately use wipes for on the go. Its good to know it works for alot of you as it seems much easier! Thanks :hug: xx

i used wipes on his bottom from day 1. was far too tired to mess around with cotton wool and water.

Ive always used cotton wool and water on his face though, I think the wipes are a lot harsher than water.

Ive recently switched to using reusable wipes and water at home though and only use disposable wipes when out now

sarah113 said:
When mine were all tiny we used just cotton wool then when they were 5-6 months i used wipes

I was exactly the same! About 5-6 months with them all! I still used cotton wool while out too! A small amount of cotton wool and a little pot takes up just as much space as wipes and theres usually always water handy when changing bums! :D

I sed cotton wool to begin with but now use wipes

I use Nature wipes

i used only cotton wool balls and warm water for the first 6-8 weeks, then switched to wipes. didnt notice any reaction to the switch :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back