SPD Support Thread

Hi ladies just seen my midwife as I've been suffering recently and she said I have spd but I'm not too convinced so wondered if you lovely ladies could help,
Everyday for the last week I've had dull ache and tenderness in my lower abdomen all the time,
Quiet a lot of shooting pains going up my bits and sometimes across my bump.
My hips can hurt and every night in bed I have restless legs and wake up feeling like I've been hit by a car,
I'm mostly worried about that abdomen pain but apprantly that's normally ideas?

Hi ladies just seen my midwife as I've been suffering recently and she said I have spd but I'm not too convinced so wondered if you lovely ladies could help,
Everyday for the last week I've had dull ache and tenderness in my lower abdomen all the time,
Quiet a lot of shooting pains going up my bits and sometimes across my bump.
My hips can hurt and every night in bed I have restless legs and wake up feeling like I've been hit by a car,
I'm mostly worried about that abdomen pain but apprantly that's normally ideas?
Xx

I have just had a phone call from the hospital to attend a group physiotherapy SPD session, has anyone been to one of these? And know what I should expect? Xxx

Im off to the drs on monday about this, im in absolute agony and feel like im being ripped apart. everything leaves me in awful pain and i cant even manage a wander around the supermarket anymore!

Its not fun!!

Get a ball ladies!
Hubby bought me a gym ball last night from Osteopath and OMG it's much more comfy than a chair.

I'm sitting on it now and chairs been moved out the way hehe. I'm suprised that it hurts less, especially on your lady bits!

Is getting shooting pains in your lady bits a symptom of spd? As I told my midwife I had them occasionally and she said it was but since that I've had them loads and loads. And they are quite uncomfortable x

I dont get shooting pains in my lady bits, kind of feel like im being split in two!

Think i will get myself one of those balls, my daughter has a space hopper that ive contemplated using but i think i might pop it if i sit on it haha!

I need to get my ball out really, but I reckon the cat's going to attack it! Plus I have another week left at work and I really need to come in, so much to do still, and baby's already v low!!

I walk so slowly now, drives me oh mad, but there's nothing I can do about it. Just everyone now and then, well, more every, I get imense pain in my pelvis and feel like my legs are going to fall out. It's great!

I have just had a phone call from the hospital to attend a group physiotherapy SPD session, has anyone been to one of these? And know what I should expect? Xxx

I had a group physio session....it was really good, there were about 6 of us. They went through all of the techniques to help manage the pain and talked about everyday tasks and how to cope best.

They give you a support band to wear and I was told that if my SPD gets significantly worse I can get back in touch for 1 on 1 physio.

Good luck with yours hun, hopefully you'll find it really useful xx

Hi ladies

I think i have SPD, not had it diagnosed yet, but right hip is killing me. Just doing every day chores is sometimes a challenge like hoovering up....afterwards i can barely walk without pain. Walking the dogs leaves me hobbling home nearly in tears etc etc.

So SIL gave me her maternity belt to use. It's a white strip, with the brand promedics...but she didn't send instructions on how to put it on correctly. And i can't get hold of her. Anyone have any ideas on how to use it correctly??

x x x

Wish I had seen this thread before I made my own. I have docs appt tomo about the pain, its causing sleepless nights and having to sleep on airbed at moment hurt so much been in tears all day and arguing with the OH as we are both so tired. I don't know how to improve it though.

The only thing that gives me some relief on a night is a hot bath and sleeping with a pillow between my legs and paracetamol takes the edge off some nights...but i'm afraid thats about it. :( xxx

The only thing that gives me some relief on a night is a hot bath and sleeping with a pillow between my legs and paracetamol takes the edge off some nights...but i'm afraid thats about it. :( xxx

I would love a bath but am on my own until OH gets back from work and can't get in and out at all. I have been sleeping with pillow between my legs and found comfort but now we have moved (first night in new house was last night) and our old bed would have fallen apart if we moved it so have had to get a blow up bed until our new ordered bed arrives on 26th. Its one of those high up-ish ones but my god lastnight was honestly one of the worst nights of my life. I feel helpless about the house too as I can't try unpacking any boxes as I can't lift and OH is out from half 5 in morn till 7. I tried doing some washing and bits and that nearly killed me off so I just feel helpless and been crying most of the day. I can't wait to see the doctors tomorrow and have it confirmed so that people dont think I have just made something up after reading it on google. I also have kidney stones from pregnancy (an apparent common occurence in pregnancy) so I have to drink so much water and then pee atleast 3/4 times a night so takes a lot of time to get up and out of bed ESPECIALLY on an air bed that just kinda sucks you back into it lol. The whole thing is making me really upset which is then making me feel guilty as I should be happy this time with baby on the way and a new home etc. :wall2:

No sleep plus hormones makes Jen a very teary eyed girl it seems lol. xxx

Ps. is Nurofen ok to take for the pain??

Aww hun i feel your pain....literally lol

Obviously haven't got to contend with the house move, or an airbed. But if its an consolation i have trouble getting comfy in my normal bed, then by the time i nod of i'm awake again for the toilet! LOL

I don't think Nurofen is ok to take in pregnancy unless you have spoken to your doctor first. So i would wait til you have spoken to your doctor tomorrow....i think co-codamol is ok, but again check with the doctor.

Do you have a matteress?? I might be better for you to sleep on your materess rather than the airbed, might provide a bit more support. And you could invest in a support belt...have a look on ebay or amazon for a cheap one x x x

Aww hun i feel your pain....literally lol

Obviously haven't got to contend with the house move, or an airbed. But if its an consolation i have trouble getting comfy in my normal bed, then by the time i nod of i'm awake again for the toilet! LOL

I don't think Nurofen is ok to take in pregnancy unless you have spoken to your doctor first. So i would wait til you have spoken to your doctor tomorrow....i think co-codamol is ok, but again check with the doctor.

Do you have a matteress?? I might be better for you to sleep on your materess rather than the airbed, might provide a bit more support. And you could invest in a support belt...have a look on ebay or amazon for a cheap one x x x

Awww sorry you literally feel the pain. I had never heard of it before a few weeks ago when the pain started getting a lot worse and saw a thread on here about it. Unfortunately mattress is coming with the bed but just got message from a friend who had a baby few months ago, she is lending me her massive maternity pillow to help wedge me in so fingers crossed tonight is a bit better lol. If not I am going back to mums until the bed arrives haha. I will ask doc about pain relief, and pretty sure my mum has plain paracetamol so will get some off her lol.
Ooo I didn't think about support belts! I will have a look :D Thank you :D Hope you feel better soon, well pain subsides a bit atleast for you xxx

I got diagnosed today and feeling very sorry for myself xx

Mine has flared up again too :( had had 2 weeks'ish of discomfort but no pain but its come back. I also find it hard getting in and out of shower.
At the moment paracetamol is helping and when I rest I put a pillow between my legs, baths too.

I hope you ladies get some relief soon.

Update (copied and pasted from thread in Tri 2): I went to the docs today who just said "take paracetemol, it is just where you haven't been active and your stretching" but I was nearly in tears telling him I cant get dressed or get in and out of bed or the bath on my own etc. and he never mentioned anything about SPD or physio. So I came out docs very upset and cried at home as I just didn't feel believed. So I called midwife and she said that she couldn't believe the doctor never explained anything or referred me. So she said it is SPD and then has referred me to Physio. In mean time she said to sleep on bin bag in bed to help turning and getting out and also sitting on a carrier bag in the car etc. and to buy a support belt or support knickers as they hold your hips in a bit more.
Feel happier and less teary eyed now that it has been confirmed.

What a terrible gp!!!

I've been given co-codamol that I take at night which I think helps a little. Love hte bin bag idea, may give that a go!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back