SPD Support Thread

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
So I know a few girls on her have been diagnosed with this and I think I'm
Showing symptoms but dont want to sound like a fud calling midwife if I'm wrong.

I've been getting pain in my lady bits on and off for a few weeks, over the last week it's been constant and the pain is getting worse. Yesterday / Today it seems to have come to a head and I'm
In agony. I can't walk well at all it's painful to put one foot in front of the other and getting up from
Sitting/lying hurts.

The pain is worse if I spread my legs (sorry can't think of another way of
Putting it) e.g getting out of a car putting out one leg then the other.

I can't roll over in bed the pain is immense

Does this sound like SPD or is the baby just lying low down and it's likely to pass?

P.s I one more man makes a "funny" comment about me waddling I'm
Going to castrate him ... Only fair I say

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

It sounds like it could be. I would mention it to your MW if it is becoming a problem. I told MW and she told me to go see GP, but may be different where you are. They may take a blood sample to check hormone levels, as this can cause it and probably refer you to physio.

Here's a few tips for the meantime:
-Don't cross your legs
-Sit with legs about a tennis ball width apart
-Wear comfy shoes!!
-Try sleeping with a pillow between your knees or under your hips
-Have hot baths
-Get OH to massage your lower back and thighs
-Try and alternate which side you sleep on through the night
-If you have jobs or chores to do, break it down, so do say half an hour of cleaning then have a break for a while and then carry on, rather than doing things all in one go
-Don't sit/stand/walk for long periods of time if possible
-Take paracetamol

I'm not sure if you can use it during pregnancy, but you could ask a pharmacist if it's safe to use movelat. It's basically a cream that you can apply to painful joints (used alot for arthritis) and may be of help. As I say though I don't know if you can use it during pregnancy.

Hope this helps, I feel your pain!!! x

Last edited:
I feel your pain, I'm in the same position, last night my hips hurt too and today I look like iv been on a horse for a week. I'm gonna try and hold out till nxt mw appointment in a few week, see how I get on. Scary that it can only get worse surely!!! X

Thanks girls I'm going to see how it goes ... Im not seeing
Midwife for three weeks, but if it gets worse between now and then I'll give her a ring

Thanks em for all the tips ... I can't cross my legs :lol: haven't been able to for a while. I already use a pillow etc but it always ends Up falling out f the bed! My first movements in the morning are the worse, trying to get out of bed is and experience!

I have to roll onto my front and up onto my knees to get into a sitting position ... Nightmare.

Hoping it will settle down of its own accord... Trying not to take paracetamol because I've just got over bloody toothache and took quite a bit for that x

Tapatalk madness!

I've had to roll off the sofa before, never an enjoyable experience!! Have you tried one of those maternity pillows, as in the full body length ones??
Don't feel you have to wait three weeks!!! See how you feel over the next week or so, then give her a ring. It's not worth being in so much pain, it gets you down after a while :( x

Thanks chick

I asked DH to buy me one of those pillows today, but he's forgot by the looks of it .. I'll pick one up at the weekend

Thats funny, I have an OH like that...
Asked him yesterday if he could go get me some more breast pads.. Rang him while I was at work 'Sorry, I've just got home and I forgot' GRRR!! x

put a carrier bag on the car seat! that way you can sit and swivel, rather than put one leg in, sit and then other leg in. The make makes it easy for you to slide in and out with your knees together.

and the pillow between the knees at night is a good idea. Makes it easier to turn over too if you just squeeze your knees together to keep it there.

these were both tips from my yoga teacher to a girl who is suffering at the moment. We did quite a few exercises that night that would help her. Maybe worth finding a local class hun? xx

I have been to see my physio today with this and am now on crutches. I would suggest you see your GP and get a physio referral as soon as possible cos there are exercises they can give you and support belts you can wear to support your pelvis. Unfortunately I have now had to stop work because of this, earlier than i had planned xx

Thats a great leaflet Leesey ... it does seem like this is what I have.

I can't understand how I've gone from being a "bit sore" the last couple of days to being in agony today though!

Leesey is a life saver!!
I got this leaflet too, good advice!! x

I have been to see my physio today with this and am now on crutches. I would suggest you see your GP and get a physio referral as soon as possible cos there are exercises they can give you and support belts you can wear to support your pelvis. Unfortunately I have now had to stop work because of this, earlier than i had planned xx

I really don't want to stop work early :cry: I was hoping to work right up till the end :wall2:

Its not looking good though, currently immobile as walking is just too sore and I need a break

I have days where it flares up more than others and it did start as a small ache and then I full blown couldn't move :( I had to stop work at 32 weeks too because of it, found I could cope with I easier not working, but the last 2 weeks have been hell again and so sore!! It even hurt to cough earlier! :shock: xx

I coughed today and nearly cried

It feels like someone has kicked me in the foof! Thats where it hurts most ... my hips are a wee bit sore and are !clicking/popping now and again, but the pain is perfectly manageable ... my foof however I'm pretty sure is dead!

Hoping tomorrow is a better day

Hoping tomorrow is a better day

Every day I hope this! Seriously considering going back to doctor's, I'm nearly in tears every morning trying to get out of bed. I'm in agony this morning :( xx

Can't say I'm feeling any better today ... The pain is keeping me
Awake at night which is just adding to the stress of it all.

DH said e ordered me a pillow so
Will see if that helps. Lying on my side is hurting my hips though :wall2: then when I try to roll per it literally takes
My breath away. Think I'll give my mw a wee phone later

Tapatalk madness!

I cracked and phoned midwife ... She's concerned about how quickly it's progressing and how much
Pain I'm in... Literally can't walk today.

Waiting for physio to phone me back :clock:

I've taken a couple of paracetamol meantime ... Hoping it takes the edge off

Tapatalk madness!

I know, it sucks hon. I can go some days where the pain is bearable... sometimes it's just general stiffness. But then bam, next day I'm in agony and can hardly get up to go to the toilet. I do blame myself sometimes because I should be using my crutches more often but they're so much hassle especially with stairs and stuff, but I really feel it if I walk any considerable distance without them. I've made an appointment with my GP for next week, and I'm going to ask for painkillers. Hopefully I can get away with only taking them at night when it's worst, but I may find as the baby gets heavier I'm feeling like that more and more often :(
Really hope you get some support xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back