SPD Support Thread

Bumping this up as there seems to be a few of us suffering at the minute.

Back at work today after having Thursday and Friday off.

Can't get over how quickly it went from having a bit of a niggle to holy crap that hurts and I can't walk!

I've bought a band from mothercare and typically i've forgotten to put it on this morning and i'm in agony! Waiting fpr my letter from the physio so I can make an appointment.

Oh I went for a walk down the beach yesterday and when I got back I couldn't move I was in so much pain.

Does anyone know if they induce you if you have SPD?

I think if it's really bad they might consider it....but i'm talking crutches/wheelchair bad.

I had a really slow day yesterday yet still woken up this morning feeling like i'm being ripped apart at the hips :(

Physio on wednesday for me, here's hoping it helps some, although from what i've heard i'm not hopeful.

x x x

I think if it's really bad they might consider it....but i'm talking crutches/wheelchair bad.

I had a really slow day yesterday yet still woken up this morning feeling like i'm being ripped apart at the hips :(

Physio on wednesday for me, here's hoping it helps some, although from what i've heard i'm not hopeful.

x x x

Ah ok. Awww I hope it goes well although, I went for mine and they just asked me to do some bending...put on a massive tubi grip that I found hurt more and she said that as its something that cant really be helped/improved until birth then she signed me off physio but gave me her number in case I cannot cope. She gave me some exercises to do though but not sure they help...It is just like common sense stuff really. Like, don't twist, don't cross legs etc. :wall2:

Hope it goes well though :D I hate to tell you bout my physio as it does leave you a bit hopeless really lol. xxx

Lol haha that's pretty much what i'm expecting really. Already been told by doctor that there is no magic cure and as it's still only early in the pregnancy it WILL get worse...wow thanks doc! lol

I'm signed off work at the min until the 6 march, and i think he'll want to sign me off for longer but as i have a feeling if i agreed work will automatically move my sick pay over to maternity pay, which means less time off with baby :(

x x

Lol haha that's pretty much what i'm expecting really. Already been told by doctor that there is no magic cure and as it's still only early in the pregnancy it WILL get worse...wow thanks doc! lol

I'm signed off work at the min until the 6 march, and i think he'll want to sign me off for longer but as i have a feeling if i agreed work will automatically move my sick pay over to maternity pay, which means less time off with baby :(

x x

Yeah doctors are no hope. Mine didn't even tell me what it was and just put it down to being unfit before and its a regular pregnancy 'ache'. "I will give him ache!!" I thought, lol. Luckily my midwife diagnosed it and made physio appointment and stuff.

Aww surely they can't do that! Maybe can have sick time off but not get paid or paid half? So then you can have the full maternity leave? xxx

I'm wondering how long it will take for my physio referral to come through?

I don't feel too bad sitting today but getting up and walking is a real struggle. Def feel better at home even if I have to go up and downstairs to the loo.

vinandbella- my physio letter came through within days but the appointment was for 4 weeks away! So you may receive the letter, but you might be waiting a while for physio. If your pain is unbareably bad you can take codiene prescribed by the doctor. My doc told me he could give me it but it affects the baby, causes baby to be really sleepy and you have to be taken off it a month before EDD so it has chance to come out yours and babies system. I decided to suffer the pain instead! Lol

Jellybeanjen - i know it's unfair. According to my midwife if your off sick by the 29th week they can automatically bring forward maternity. I haven't mentioned it to work in case they haven't realised and decide to do it. As i'm still in 2 minds of what to do

x xx

Hmmmm hope it doesn't take 4 weeks i'll be fully cooked by then and tiny will have been given eviction notice :D

I've got paracetemol and co-codamol which the doc gave me last week, getting by on paracetemol when needed though.

Only got 2 weeks left at work (9 working days) may see if I can fetch everything forward a week and finish on Friday i don't know.

You could always ask doc for a sick note for the last few weeks?? Save your maternity...or use some holidays? Didn't realise you were nearly done baking! You might not get the referral in time lol But at least once baby is here the SPD should sling it's hook....so double celebration! lol x x x

I'm wondering how long it will take for my physio referral to come through?

I don't feel too bad sitting today but getting up and walking is a real struggle. Def feel better at home even if I have to go up and downstairs to the loo.

Mine came through around 2/3 weeks. I have a office chair to get about in the kitchen when I am cooking, sometimes it just hurts too much to get stuff out of the oven.

Jellybeanjen - i know it's unfair. According to my midwife if your off sick by the 29th week they can automatically bring forward maternity. I haven't mentioned it to work in case they haven't realised and decide to do it. As i'm still in 2 minds of what to do

x xx

Ooo I didn't know that. Hopefully your work doesn't know about it. Are they quite understanding??

Not really lol when i rang to tell them i wouldn't be in as in so much pain and that i had sick note she huffed and puffed down the phone :( They way they see it is i'm pregnant not dying, and to make matters worse there is another girl there who has the same thing and is still working!! So i look a right wimp lol But to be fair it's her first and apparently thinks it's normal...it's my second and know the difference lol :D

P.s i love the chair in kitchen idea...i have a handy tool too, it's called my OH hahah ;D

I cannot walk in the mornings and in the evenings. It's pain in the pubic joint and like everything ceases up, not nice at all.
I'm managing on paracetamol but do have cocodamol for when it is really bad.

How do you ladies rate the pregnancy support bands. I'm debating getting one?

I borrowed one from my SIL and hate it. It digs into my belly when i sit or bend which is no good as at work i'm bending a lot. But mine isn't a tubular band, it's has velcro etc. So i'm gonna hang on see if i get on from physio if not i'm going to buy a tubular band and see if that is better.

x x x

33 weeks today so still a fair way to go but i'm thankful it didn't start any earlier.

I'm using all my hol's at the start and only using 1 weeks mat leave so it wouldn't be horrendous to use 2 weeks mat leave and finish a week earlier.

I've bought the mothercare £12.00 support belt and had it on since Friday until I forgot to put it on this morning :wall2: and i seem to be in a lot more pain today

Not really lol when i rang to tell them i wouldn't be in as in so much pain and that i had sick note she huffed and puffed down the phone :( They way they see it is i'm pregnant not dying, and to make matters worse there is another girl there who has the same thing and is still working!! So i look a right wimp lol But to be fair it's her first and apparently thinks it's normal...it's my second and know the difference lol :D

P.s i love the chair in kitchen idea...i have a handy tool too, it's called my OH hahah ;D

Oh that's not good. You should go in but lay it on thick and be like wailing in pain so then they know lol.

Oooo great tip!! I Will have to train my OH up lol. ;)

Oh that's not good. You should go in but lay it on thick and be like wailing in pain so then they know lol.

Oooo great tip!! I Will have to train my OH up lol. ;)

Haha i love the wailing in pain idea! I just seen tho that i'm entitled to MA rather than SMA as i haven't been at my new job that long and according to the guidelines for MA i can claim for a total of 39 weeks which is long than the 26 weeks work said i would be entitled too, so even if they did move my maternity leave forward i'd still have plenty of time off with bubs :D

Honestly these last few weeks i wouldn't have been able to manage without my OH he's been an absolute god send :)

x x x

I'm going to use my wheely chair for decorating our bedroom, maybe I need a skate board for doing the skirting boards etc :lol:

Physio apt booked for ...................................... 18/03 I'll be 37 weeks and giving baby eviction notice

Aww that's rubbish hun.

You could always ring them up and see if they can squeeze you in earlier or ask them to ring you if they have a cancellation?

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back