SPD?

Sassysugar

Reaction score
So the past couple of times when I've been driving the car, when I get out and walk I am getting a pain across my pubic bone/pelvic area, especially when I use my right leg. I don't even have to be driving far for it to happen. I have even noticed I get the pain when I'm sitting down watching tv and then gets worse when I get up and walk around, it nearly takes my breath away and have to take it slowly. The pelvic area also feels a bit swollen.

I rang the assessment centre and described my symptoms to midwife and she thinks it's SPD. I don't get it all the time, but its really low down and feels a bit crampy (not on my tummy, hope that makes sense, and blump is still moving every day)

I walked down to my horse tonight with my OH and it started to hurt on the way back to the car, it was still really sore while trying to sit in the car on the way home. It's eased now, but don't really want to have to go through this for the next 7 weeks?

I suppose I'm just stressing as it feels crampy across the pelvic area and hope its nothing else. For anyone who suffers with SPD, does this sound like it? Midwife gave me a number for a physiotherapist and I have an appointment on Monday morning.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

my friend had it as did my cousin and yeah that sounds about right. my friend was in so much pain by the end she had to beg her mw to do a sweep to try and get her going, when her mw refused she went to a different one and got her to do it lol

Yea hun this sounds like it..i had it with both my boys from 15 weeks and ended up on crutches at 24weeks..you just need to take it easy and try and not walk too far..i used to sit on a cushion and i found that helped quite a bit..it won't get better but your physio will give you exercises etc to do..also what they'll tell you is when you get out the car is put both legs together and use your hands to swing yourself round so you aren't separting your legs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back