SPD Support Thread

I've just been back to my GP. I think he took me seriously this time. No referral but he gave me cocodamol for when it is bad. I said it is affecting my life and limiting the time I am out.
So I am happier knowing my GP said the cocodamol is safe to take, but he also said I must mention it to my consultant when I see her at 28 weeks.
Some progress :) I am happy with this at the moment.

Glad youve got some cocodomol to help you along with the pain - fingers crossed it really helps you!

I couldnt get to my dr's appointment, my car broke down over the weekend and i ended up being towed home, given that my appt was at 8.30 theres no way i couldve got there at that time!

I had my 28wk mw appt yesterday and mentioned the spd to her, she said it was very unlikely it was spd and that it was just baby laying in an awkward position. Isnt it great when they dont listen to you?! Luckily in my old age ive grown in confidence and stood my ground - im convinced it is just by the amount of pain im in and the fact that i really dont have to do much at all to cause the pain!

Baby lying in an awkward position...poppycock! Some midwives really aren't helpful at at all!
I know a lot of others on here said cocodamol is safe to take but it is reassuring when your own GP prescribes it to you. He was adamant I should not take ibuprofen last time I went.
I am coping and now have better painkillers gives me peace of mind.
Hope you get help soon, as it does affect your quality of life and enjoyment of pregnancy.

I feel like i cant go anywhere or do anything cus i know what it will be like for me, especially by the end of the day! Id love to make use of the national trust memberships we have when the weather is beautiful like this (well, its lovely here anyway!), or take a breezy walk along the beach but i know i cant. Also feels like my 6 year old is missing out on things too.

Know what you mean about it being reassuring when the gp prescribes you things - its the green light isnt it!

Just thought I'd let you know I. Took a cocodamol last night an hour before bed and I slept really well. I sleep ok normally but turning over is difficult and uncomfortable but I didn't seem to notice as much last night. I am putting it down to the painkiller.
Has anyone else found this?

ok sorry for the moan but im feeling very defeated right now. im in agony with spd and physio only made it worse and paracetamol do not help. i have to wait to see the consultant on 11th feb to see about other meds to help. due to this im too sore and can barely walk around the house and no matter how many times i tell my hubby how much pain im in and how i cant do things as it makes me cry with pain he still pushes and when he doesnt get his own way he throws a tantrum. sex is the worst he doesnt seem to care that it causes me so much pain im in tears all the way thru, as long as he gets he is fine. we had a big argument today about it and he said doesnt have to be full sex but i told him we tried that and he just pushes and pushes till i give in and we end up having full sex. he even said if its going to be this way maybe we should call it quits. i just dont know what to do it feels like im just here to serve him. do i just get on with it to keep him happy and deal with the pain or do i risk the end of our marriage and go it alone. i also have other health issues so if we end things im going to have to move back down south to be near to my family so i have some help. i just cant seem to get thru to him about how much pain this is.

does any one else have trouble with their partners not understanding

I think ur partner is been very selfishand what man in their right mind wouldpysh the issue of sex onto youwgen he knows its causing you pain?

I have spd n my husband is very supportive which is exactly what a husband should be!

Chin up hun x

Babydust to all

No woman should be forced to have sex just to please a man. That's prostitution and sex slavery!

Hubby keeps asking now and then but I tell him where to go due to the pain and he leaves it at that like yours should. Tell him he knows where the bathroom is!

Not only are you in pain but carrying his child!
He's controlling you hun. He's using the braking of marriage to bully you into having sex which is not on!

Isn't there a womans support group or something you can talk to?

Sorry but I'm lost for words! That is absolutely disgusting behaviour I'm actually so mad at what I've just read! Your husband needs a serious kick up the arse! I'm sorry your having to put up with this on top of the pain your already in x

omg that's not how a husband should behave! was he raised in the 1800's? bloody heck hun its not ok for you to be dealing with right now i think you need serious talk x

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. It is a horrible pain to go through as it affects all aspects of your life.

Your OH is being unreasonable! He should understand.
I still have sex with my partner but we do a lot of spooning and doggy (sorry tmi) at the moment. We did do missionary llast week and it killed my back so he knows that is out. Which I don't like as it one of my fave positions.
Is he open to reading about SPD or has he? If not, he should!

As for painkillers, your GP should be able to prescribe something stronger if you want it. You don't have to wait to see your consultant.

well we have had a good talk and i hope this helps. we have made a compromise i can live with and so can he so fingers crossed.

thank you for the replies and making me feel like im not out of line and alone it helped so much

Having worst spd day today can hardly move :0( what does everyone else do on days like these? X

Babydust to all

sit on the couch and watch tv or write on my computer or crochet a blanket for bubs. just remember to get up and move around a bit too dont sit still for too long as it will just make u worse

Yes, have a bath, painkiller and rest, usually need to rest for 2 days to let it properly calm down.

sit on the couch and watch tv or write on my computer or crochet a blanket for bubs. just remember to get up and move around a bit too dont sit still for too long as it will just make u worse

Oh yes, you need to keep moving too. Sounds silly but if I lie on sofa for an hour or so, I can get stiff and that hurts too.
I lean over my ball and have a bounce on that :)

Hey guys, I just bought a Hug-a-bump. A support band specially designed fr those with SPD. So far so good and feel very supported. Yet to try it out when shopping as that Is the most painful. I have physio booked so will ask them if I am wearing it properly. The back is like corset so curves to your back and supports and the straps do actually HUG your bump. It's a little unflattering sitting down and may be able to see through a tighter top but im not too bothered as long as I'm not in pain anymore. I would recommend, so far so good although rather expensive I think it is worth the price. Here's a pic of me modelling it haha.
8any6ygy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back