*~*SCOTTISH MEET - 10th MAY 11am -MORE UPDATES, PG7; MAP PG8

SarahH

Reaction score
Right peeps.... I've fallen off the "planning wagon" again :roll:

I think in the last thread we decided that Deep Sea World (North Queensferry) ( http://www.deepseaworld.com/default.asp?css=1 )was best for everyone to get to with regards public transport - only a 5min walk from the train.

Prices for entry is £11 per adult, £7.50 for 3yr-15yr and under 3yr are free.
There is group discounts available so once I have numbers I will contact them and see if I get get a good deal.

Most people in the last poll prefered a weekend date - so please choose which date from the poll is best.

There is a cafe available at the centre, but from previous experiance it wasn't the greatest of food for the cost of it, but they do allow you to take your own food and have a "picnic" in the cafe area. Maybe closer to the time we could arrange that some people take crisps, others juice, sandwiches etc. :think:

**I'd like to add this isn't just for Scottish members - any of you are welcome that could travel... I think Tracey2, Zebrastripes and Sweetcheeks expressed interest in coming in previous posts, so if you are close to them you could maybe travel together :think: **

oooh i meant to dig the old thread up the other day :doh:

i've voted, although any weekend will suit me. i will still be preggo though, as long as you ladies don't mind me and baby aiden in bump form trailing along :D

sarah xxx

I can make the 10th May, possible the 26th April too but not the other one as I have checked and will be working that day.

Just a question though cos I am looking into trains and everything.. what time will we be meeting approx and what time will everyone be leaving? Just so I can check trains are ok cos bit scared of coming all that way and getting stranded lol. :hug:

I voted 10th of May, mainly because that's when I get off for study leave, and I don't have any exams til June 12th or something ridiculous :lol:

Got to echo Sweetcheeks there: public transport terrifies me, plus I'll be coming by boat :lol:

It's a bit close to my due date for me, I think I'll be struggling just to get James to school for a while! :lol:

I will make a meet one day! :D

zebrastripes said:
Oh.....and where's North Queensferry? :think:

North Queensferry is one train stop prior to the Forth Rail Bridge (if heading south), a kick in the butt from Edinburgh

Where are you coming from Zebrastripes? I know you are in Ireland, but whereabouts?

County Down. I'd be getting the ferry from Larne to Stranraer, probably...

zebrastripes said:

Oooh heck, I just looked up the trains from Stranraer to N. Queensferry and there is 5 changes?

Maybe we will find someone close to stranaer to maybe car share with you?

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I can make the 10th May, possible the 26th April too but not the other one as I have checked and will be working that day.

Just a question though cos I am looking into trains and everything.. what time will we be meeting approx and what time will everyone be leaving? Just so I can check trains are ok cos bit scared of coming all that way and getting stranded lol. :hug:

Checked your train info and you would have one change at Edinburgh Waverly. You could leave Newcastle at 8.45am and be in N. Queensferry for 11am :D for £49.70 saver return :D:D

No excuses missy! :p

SarahH said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

Checked your train info and you would have one change at Edinburgh Waverly. You could leave Newcastle at 8.45am and be in N. Queensferry for 11am :D for £49.70 saver return :D:D

see my post about my laptop :cry: :cry: I should be able to make it and trains seem pretty fair although I found one for 24.50 :moon: with no changes :moon: do you pay for LO on trains?? :think: Sarah I will PM you my mobile number in case my comp breaks :)

Sweetcheeks24 said:
SarahH said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

see my post about my laptop :cry: :cry: I should be able to make it and trains seem pretty fair although I found one for 24.50 :moon: with no changes :moon: do you pay for LO on trains?? :think: Sarah I will PM you my mobile number in case my comp breaks :)

Oooh, where did you find that as I might manage to find a better journey for Zebrastripes.

And plus I am taking the train to cheaper the better!

I think kiddies are free up to 2yrs old on the trains?!?

SarahH said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:
SarahH said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

Oooh, where did you find that as I might manage to find a better journey for Zebrastripes.

And plus I am taking the train to cheaper the better!

I think kiddies are free up to 2yrs old on the trains?!?

Jeez hide your reply won't you :lol: I got it from www.nationalrail.co.uk - I just put in dates and got best fare.. I am not coming from newcastle central though, from Darlington a bit further south bit it calls at Newcastle so must be same ones - how exciting :cheer:

SarahH said:
zebrastripes said:

Oooh heck, I just looked up the trains from Stranraer to N. Queensferry and there is 5 changes?

Maybe we will find someone close to stranaer to maybe car share with you?

:puke:

Hmm. I will run this one by my mother. I can possibly persude her to drive me, if I add one of her friends and a days shopping into the equation :lol:

Zebrastripes...

Just a thought, but how far are you from Belfast Airport?

You could get return flights to Edinburgh on Flybe for £57.28 for you and Willow total, the flights are free it's just the taxes that need to be paid.

SarahH said:
Zebrastripes...

Just a thought, but how far are you from Belfast Airport?

You could get return flights to Edinburgh on Flybe for £57.28 for you and Willow total, the flights are free it's just the taxes that need to be paid.

Oooh! That would be great! I'm about 40 miles from Belfast but there's a straight bus up which i get all the time for school, so that'd be brilliant :cheer:

lol will I be the first pf-er to fly to a meet :rotfl:

I'll be flying to the birmingham one hopefully!

But I think you could be the first!! :rotfl:

That's dedication for you :lol:

I never even thought of the plane. We just boat it everywhere..probably because when we go overseas it's for 2CV world meetings, and the car won't fit on the plane :lol:

zebrastripes,
if you are getting the train from stranraer to glagow I can either meet you on the train (I would get on at Kilwinning) or at Glasgow Central.

This all sounds like a plan :D

ooh!
that would be good!
I'm going to have to get a map...pronto :lol: I'm a bit directionally impaired

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member