Scared..........

Spinneygirl

Reaction score
that its happening again!

I went to the loo last night and noticed a brown stain the size of 50p in my knickers. I also had abit of spotting when i wiped but that seems to have gone this morning? I had a few mild cramps too.

I dont know what to do as im only 5 weeks. I was nearly 8 when it happened before and i dont know it the hospital will do anything.

Has this happened to anyone before?
What do you think i should do?

Thanx
Nikki

xxx

Hey hun I had quite a bit of brown discharge around 5 weeks and cramps up until about last week - there have been several posts about it over the last few weeks and if your not bleeding now I would think it was absolutly normal! Keep an eye on it today, from what I can tell unless it's bright red blood and painful cramps then you don't need to be worried. Try and relax, I no it's easier said than done Xx

Thans hun, i hope its not happening again. Its such a scary time not know what is goin on x

I no hun, I worry about every little thing I do and don't feel! But as much as possible we've just got to stay strong and positive, and wish tri1 to hurry itself up! Xx

A bit of brown spotting is normal babe! I know how worrying it is especially if you have had a previous loss! If u r worried make an appt with ur gp on monday all they will do is bloods to check hormones r going up at 5 weeks. But it will put ur mind at rest hopefully x x x

A bit of brown spotting is normal babe! I know how worrying it is especially if you have had a previous loss! If u r worried make an appt with ur gp on monday all they will do is bloods to check hormones r going up at 5 weeks. But it will put ur mind at rest hopefully x x x

Thanks hun i will probly do that xxx

I had a lot of brown spotting between 5 and 9 weeks i think x It eventually went away x Midwife told me it can just be cervix closing, or old blood being expelled to make way for bean xx

as flugel says...its probably just last bit of implantation and also cervix closing and probably expelling old blood...nothing to worry about. mild cramping at 5 weeks sounds pretty normal too....xx keep smiling....it's going to be okay xx

Now spotting red blood not loads but enough. I think i know whats coming!

Aw chick id maybe go to a and e xx I hada wee bit of red when I wiped a couple of times, really hope you're ok xxx :hug: xxx

Aw chick id maybe go to a and e xx I hada wee bit of red when I wiped a couple of times, really hope you're ok xxx :hug: xxx

I dont know if they could do anything cause im so early?

awwwww hon :hugs:

im not sure either....dont know what to suggest other than what you already know...try and relax and lie on the sofa all day if poss xx

I wonder if they could put you on progesterone or something, help the lining hold and hopefully the pregnancy assuming the bleeding is hormone related?

I really hope it's not what you think Nikki xx

Last edited:
Spinney! I really hope it's nothing, I have everything crossed. As for what louiseb said I get progesterone now to help maintain the pregnancy, not sure if it will work yet but fx!

Sounds positive that it's just brown blood honey, when I ha my m/c it was red straight away. I know what you mean about the hospital, I went in to A&E when I was m/c and they said if it's going to happen there is nothing they can do. I had been to my GP a couple of days before with the pain suspecting the worst and she said the same, not really what you want to hear. I honestly thought they would be able to do something, I was 6+3 weeks and was just made to feel like it didn't really matter :( I found the hospital a waste of time except for the reassurance it could provide you that all is well. At 5 weeks most hospitals won't even do a scan, mine did one the following day after I was admitted but I knew I had miscarried by then. They only did it before 7 weeks as they suspected an ectopic. If there are signs of an ectopic I would definitely take yourself to A&E.

The only other thing they do is take a blood test for your hcg levels but they don't really tell them much until they can do another a couple of days later. I really think the NHS sucks when it comes to this sort of thing!! If you have a good, understanding GP who is knowledgable in the area then I think they can be more helpful. Good luck sweetie xxxx

awwwww hon :hugs:

im not sure either....dont know what to suggest other than what you already know...try and relax and lie on the sofa all day if poss xx

Thats what im doin hun, trying to relax and stay positive xxx

:hug: :hug: I've only just seen this. Hope u are ok Nikki. All I can do is echo what the others have said, fingers crossed for you xx

Thanx for all your advice ladies you have been wonderful as usual. Pain and spotting hasnt got any worse so i will keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way, will keep you posted xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back