Spotting

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to the loo, and noticed that CM was a bit pink ... nothing on knickers, just when I wiped. Then it went away and I convinced myself I imagined it.

It just happened again ... so phoned EPU.

The advice I was given is ... "do a pregnancy test in 7 days and if its negative you've had a miscarriage, but we aren't going to scan you"

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Sitting here in tears :cry:

Oh dear :( how rude can they be :hug:

I am sure it's just bubs getting comfy in there, try to rest this weekend, i am sure it will be ok :hug:

I don't know why they wouldn't scan u in a weeks time?? I had spotting for about 5 days when I wiped, it was mostly pink and sometimes brown so I had a scan at 6 weeks n seen baby and heartbeat. Spotting can just be one of those things that happens for many reasons but doesn't always lead to bad news! Are you having cramps? Good luck xxxx

I'm having cramps - but I think they are due to constipation? I dunno - it sucks

I have a private early scan booked for next week, so will just have to wait and see

Hi hon, I've had it about 4 times, in tri 1. The one at 6 weeks I reckon was imlantation, slightly brown. The one at ten weeks was a ironed infenction. The other two were unexplained. Scared the hell outta me but had private reassurance scandal every fortnight. I imagine its just IB with it being pinky brown but if it changes go to a&e and demand to be seen xx

Oh honey :hugs: Fx all is ok, lots of ladies get spotting at this early stage.xx

Im staying positive. In normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't notice it ... but I'm always checking the loo roll.

Implantation at 6 weeks? Thought this happened ages ago?

Im staying positive. In normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't notice it ... but I'm always checking the loo roll.

That's what I thought too but it can implant in stages. Plus remember brown is old xx.

What an awful thing to say to you.

Can you go to the GP?

I hope all is ok, try not to worry too much yet.

If you can afford it pay for a private scan, epu try to bat people off because they are so under resourced but from experience it's so stressful waiting to see it's better to go and get the reassurance you need. It's probably nothing to worry about but if you are worrying then best to try and see how things are.

Big hugs!xx

How unhelpful of ur EPU!!
I don't think its a huge worry unless you're bleeding heavily and cramping badly though.

When I had my mc, it wasn't just a bit of pink when I wiped, it was a full on blood bath, dark red and clots, and I was in agony with the cramps.

Some people just have spotting for no reason while pregnant. Fx for u x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Im having spotting too tweety, its a very frightening time so I know where you are coming from.

I had bright red once only when I wiped and it went away. Had nothing more for about a week and half then yesterday had some more spotting...pinky sort of colour (only when wipe) spoke to midwife, she said call doctor, spoke to doctor who said it didnt sound as though it was anything to be immediately conscerned about but to rest for a few days and to monitor it...if it gets worse or you have any cramps or pain then get back in touch. Had a tiny bit today but it was brownish...no pain though.

Its a very confusing and frightening time but you should be able to get the care and support you need from your GP who may assist you by making a referral to EPU for an early scan...dont take no for an answer, even if its nothing to worry about (which I hope is the case for you) they should still be acknowledging that you are scared and try to help where they can.

Hope all turns out well...keep us posted and will be thinking of you.

xxx

I cannot believe they said that to you Tweety?

Although I was told something similar before (in a much nicer way!)

Firstly as long as it is spotting, old blood [or pinky CM] and you don't have any different type of cramps then you just have to sit tight.

Lots of women spot, it really is common and that is what the stupid bitch you spoke to should have told you !!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

That's what I thought too but it can implant in stages. Plus remember brown is old xx.

What does pink mean then?

Most of the time it's just 'one of those things' - twice I had this and nothing came of it. The time it was a urine infection (not ironed infenction as my phone decided to write last time!) it looked much the same as the other times, so I didn't even realise it was coming from my urinary tract.

If it continues, go to a&e like I did, they tested for urine infection and aranged a scan for a few days' time xx

Please don't worry hun. spotting is common enough. Just phone your midwife for some reassurance. Bug hugs xxxx

Try not to worry hunni, I've had some on off heavy bleeding, sometimes with clots for a week now. I've had a scan and it's unexplained but had a scan and everything is fine with my LO. It's incredibly scary but it's prob more common than we realise xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back