Spotting

Thanks girls, DH has come home from work early (very unlinke him) he's give me a hug and googled (its what men do in a crisis right?) and he seems to think there is nothing to worry about, not seen anymore other than a wee bit this morning and a wee bit yesterday morning. So fx all is ok

oh no tweety. Dont suppose you had sex recently or an orgasm? i have heard that in Tri1 that can cause the cervix to bleed a little.

what a difference between our EPU departments!! do what I did, call NHS24 tonight. They will get you an immediate appointment with an OOH GP at your local A&E dept. Then hopefully they will put you down to Gynae/Obs ward for a blood test, or a scan.
Or thats what happened to me anyway. And they booked me another scan at EPU for next week.

hope everything is ok. xx

Aww honey I've been there too and its horrible! Mine started at 4w 1d and I had pink/brown spotting for 5 days followed by 3 days of bright red eek! I broke my heart thinking it was a mc. Then it just stopped at about 5w 2d and fingers crossed I've not had anything else since. I had a scan at 5w 5d and was told everything looked the right size for my dates, so they didn't think the spotting/bleeding was anything to worry about at that stage. I've got to go back next week for another scan... Still really nervous but a lot more confident than I was!

Pink/brown is really common hun, and the fact that its been so light prob means its just implantation or your cervix being more sensitive than usual. I would defo go to your GP/mw though hun and let them know you're worried and you'd really like a scan to put your mind at rest. Fx if you have a sensitive gp they will refer you straightaway.

Let us know how you get on lovely xxx

:hugs: try not to worry hun, as the other ladies have said it can be perfectly normal to have spotting especially early on. Hope all is ok x x

Thats awful advice!!! just before I was 8 weeks I had brown discharge for 2 days never got a scan gp told me it s was normal got it again few weeks later still no scan they said again normal unless bright red..had 2 wait for my dating scan 2 b sure all was ok everything was fine and they couldnt see a reason for this 2 happen ! gp told me 2 ignore it now unless smelly or bright red ....fx crossed 4 u hun

How are you today hun? I had cramps too which is why I asked, apparantly it was still implantation spotting I was having a bit later, probably baby snuggling right in! My GP said unless the cramps were worse than normal period pain and as long as there was no bright red spotting or bleeding then to try to relax. Easier said than done! The fact that you are seeing it less is good - mine was there nearly every time I wiped. Google is the devil lol be careful with it xxxx

Hey girls I'm in work ... Early shift gah! Not had anymore spotting but just have a feeling that something isn't right xx :cry:

Aww big hugs Hun, don't listen to that horrid woman you'll be fine...:)

Xx

Hun your 5wk 6 days so somthing is there otherwise if you was having a miscarriage then you would be full on bleeding now with a pain you cant bare.

Spotting is so commen in early pregnancy like i told you. I know it's worrying - it's natural too worry & you will have that feeling somthing is wrong because your scared with seeing that pink spotting yesterday.

It's gone now! so dont that tell you it's just one of them things. Like leesey said, she had spotting in her early stages! i remember her having that too.. everything was fine with her bubs.

I dont want you too worry if you have had no spotting or pains today because you are worrying for nothing & worrying is not good. Your gonna make your self sick! i worry myself sick at times its horrible & my doctor said if i keep worrying then i can bring somthing on myself as when your stressed the baby get's stressed out too.

Thursday is your scan so not long too go. If you have anymore spotting though then dont wait till thursday you will have no hair by then with all the worrying! get yourself down to EPU or gp ..

Thinking of you xxx

Last edited:
Glad you're feeling better tweety, hopefully you can see the back of the spotting and enjoy your pregnancy xxxx

Thank you girlies, don't know where I'd be without you lot!

(In the corner of the room rocking back and forth)

I broke a glass tonight (a pint glass full of pepsi) and promptly burst into hysterical tears ... think I scared hubby.

Off to bed for an early night ... early shift sucks bums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back