PLEASE HELP: Does this sound likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry but you still keep saying you feel she tricked you...i really dont think thats fair. If she had put holes in a condom or something like that i wouldve said she tricked you as you would have thought you were being careful. You slept with her without contraception therefore no tricking involved. Why do you think she tricked you i just dont get that? So did you trick her in the hope she would get pregnant because you didnt put something on the end of it? No!! You got carried away and so did she. And i dont think someone who was willing to keep a baby at the age of 17 means she is desperate to have a baby!!! If she was desperate to get pregnant why did she sleep with you with contraception the first time? Why do you think she is trying to trap you anyway is she showing signs of being obsessed with you? Does she say she loves you? I just dont see why she would say a baby is yours if its someone elses unless she was in love with you and wanted it to be yours or you were actuallyu together. Please stop thinking these things you cant do anything about finding out if baby is yours just yet and you are just stressing yourself out. I certainly wouldnt let her know you think shes lying as thats really not fair on her. But please get this into your head- you were not tricked you and her BOTH did this and you now need to man up and take responsibility. Its not the babys fault this happened remember.
As always, Piglets, it is a fair comment that you make. I understand what you are saying and accept responsibility for the fact that I was in on the act at the time.

The thing that grates on my mind is the fact that when she told me, she kept referring to 'we' and 'us' and how one particualar person at work would be 'thrilled for us'. It was as if we are a strong family unit, with a history and strong relationship to fall back on. Perhaps also something that bugged me since this started is the fact that I had to take her to the pharmacy as she was going to simply just go home. Of course, maybe it was her intention to go but I would normally have thought that most women would be the ones insisting on going, rather than then men. Maybe I am naive and making generalisations here; however, knowing that it the women who carries the child, I would have thought she would have been up at the crack of sparrows, insisting to get to the chemist rather than it being the other way around.

The way I see it is that on here I can speak anything on my mind, even suspiscions. I purposefully haven't spoken to her for a few days as I didn't want to say anything I would regret. I was very calm when she told me. I went to the nurse the next day, and that's when I began to feel that I couldn't get my head around some of the facts. For that reason, I haven't spoken to her as I don't think it would be helpful to start making accusations and let my emotional response lead, instead of allowing a thoughtful and mature reaction to prevail.

As you will have seen from a previous posting, I know that I need to take responsibiltly; partly the reason I am here. I feel that I need to be informed and, so far, it has been a real education. I have learnt a lot about pregnancy that I never knew. I am trying to do the right thing but I know that whatever decisions are made by everyone in this whole thing, there will always be elements of doubt, guilt and regret. That's probably the tragedy of such situations. I completely agree, too, that it is not the baby's fault. That's the real sadness: a little baby whole life is being mapped out and big decisions made before it even enters the world. It is causing stress and conflict, yet that's not its fault. I feel guilty about that fact.

Thanks for your post.

The sooner you get a scan I say the better, if you could even get in contact with her to arrange an earlier scan? You would probably have to pay for it.. It will put your mind at ease and you will know for definite if there is a possibility the baby could be yours

Last edited:
R2D2, I'm sorry that you've found yourself in this situation, and I have nothing to add to the great advice that the ladies on here have already given you, except to agree that dates can be so variable, and I wouldn't assume that this baby - if she is pregnant - isn't yours based on that. As others have said, pregnancies are dated in weeks from the first day of the woman's last period, assuming that she has a 28 day cycle and ovulates 14 days into that, but in many cases this isn't accurate at all and dates are adjusted from measurements at 12 weeks. If she had ovulated at around the time that you had unprotected sex, it would have been roughly 4 weeks since conception and she would be 6 weeks pregnant, but as her last period was 8 weeks ago a doctor would estimate that she was 8 weeks pregnant.

I am going to leave this thread closed with a reminder of the rules of the forum, but you are welcome to start a new one, bearing in mind our rules, if she is pregnant

While Pregnancyforum.co.uk tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111