.. October 2016 Mummies - First Trimester ..

Home made blueberry muffins in bed with a cuppa, this is the life :D

xxxx

xxxx

Sorry for thread jumping, I've just seen you live in Clydebank, I'm from Paisley :D

Which hospital are you with? xx

Hiya, thats quite alright. Im just back from the house there and read that as Ive just seen you in clydebank was like OMG what?! :lol: read it correctly now.

Yeah I live in Clydebank, I had my first boy at the Queen Elizabeth/Southern General but I have the choice of there or Princess Royal in town, thinking of sticking with what I know plus it's nice to have had them both in the same place. WBU where are you attending Princess Royal or RAH?

xxxx

Any of you girls gotten constipated?

I read its perfectly normal in pregnancy but JW.. :|

xxxx

With first pregnancy was constipated for 2 weeks :| ... this time I'm going everyday which is unusual for me (have ibs)... could be mil cooking tho lol xD

Been very emotional today!! Have anyone else been crying at random things yet? Shouted at my dog for jumping up and then started crying because she looked so sad loool

xxxx

Sorry for thread jumping, I've just seen you live in Clydebank, I'm from Paisley :D

Which hospital are you with? xx

Hiya, thats quite alright. Im just back from the house there and read that as Ive just seen you in clydebank was like OMG what?! :lol: read it correctly now.

Yeah I live in Clydebank, I had my first boy at the Queen Elizabeth/Southern General but I have the choice of there or Princess Royal in town, thinking of sticking with what I know plus it's nice to have had them both in the same place. WBU where are you attending Princess Royal or RAH?

xxxx

I'm with the RAH, its only 5 minutes from my house and theyve been really good with me! :D I wondered how it would work with hospitals in Glasgow as they've changed everything about since Queen Elizabeth opened up. I used to go to the Western for Dermatology and now I've been moved to West Ambulatory Hospital which has opened up in the old Yorkhill building :eh:

Oh yes, it is a complete pain. Especially since I work over at Gartnaval (Beatson Cancer Hospital) and now that half the surgeons etc have all split about, no one knows where anyone is based.

Its a nightmare.

But alas, the MAT building wont be changed much, as the MWs all moved over from Queen Mothers/Yorkhill years ago, and the MAT suites have been upgraded with more pools etc. I had no faults with my first labour, he was an induction too.

I phoned EPU for my last pregnancy at the GRI and she says "Just because you cant have your emergency scan here, doesnt mean you cant have your baby here" I said Im actually calling to arrange an appointment to confirm a miscarriage. That slightly put me off birthing there anyway.

Never heard anything much of the RAH tbh. We do a Oncology clinic there, thats about all I know :p

The Western is the only hospital in GGC I haven't worked in, its awful looking. Like itll fall down any minute! :lol:

xxxx

Last edited:
Do you guys have a preference on the gender, I know we can't choose but I would love a girl, but I don't mind if we have a boy will be very much welcomed and loved!

Im still genuinely no preference.

Id have 4 kids max so as this isnt my last Im quite happy to have either. A little brother would be nice for Jackson being familiar for me and a girl would be a nice change too. Jackson wants a sister for some reason.

With my first I desperately wanted a boy, so much I thought in my gut I was having a girl. But at the 20 week scan there was no denying those danlgy bits!!

xxxx

Last edited:
I'm very emotional, getting upset over silly things. I'm getting chest pains too which is firing up my anxiety.

I would like a girl because I have a boy but I wouldn't care if I had another boy, I quite like the idea of two boys :D

So either way I'll be very happy mammy!

Im gettig some pretty intense belly button pain tonight. Proper stabbing pains.

Hope its a sign of growing and stretching :D

Xxx

Two days off work, weekend in work and then I have 18 days off!!

Next week I have family coming from Sunderland, my pregnancy introduction at Surestart and loads of other little things going on. Hopefully that will keep my mind occupied as time as seemed to slow down!

Hi girls! Just read you all have symptoms, I have nothing for now apart from feel a little juk at times and saw nipples, and a little crampy now and again.
When are you all going to announce your pregnancy? I was thinking to leave it until 12 weeks.

Just made an appointment with the midwife for the 23 of Feb! I am still scared everything will go down hill..

My symptoms come and go though, today I have nothing except dry mouth, but when I get out of bed and brush my teeth it'll go lol my cramps are gone now as well, just get a stab in my stomach occasionally lol.

I'm not telling anyone till 12 weeks well after 12 week scan, hubby said tell parents after 8 week scan but no lol.

I worried like mad the last week, but today I've woke up like what will be, will be. Think that's best tbh. Hopefully everything goes ok though x

I want to go out and buy a little baby grow or something, just to make it feel more real. Damn my superstitions!

Yeah we arent telling anyone until 13+ weeks, then everyone else at 20w.

No due date, or gender given either. And no names are being discussed.

Its amazing how your rules change dramatically from first time round.

I am starving this morning, had a double roll which has helped. I was sick this morning too :) All good signsss.

xxxx

We have told close family like parents and siblings so far. We are announcing to the rest of our close family (grandparents ect) on my sons second birthday as he'll be wearing a "I'm going to be a big brother top," I am going for a 10 week scan before his birthday though, so I'm hoping all will be okay!

Everyone else will be after the 12 week scan :)

My left boob is growing but my right boob isn't. .. there's always been a slight difference in them but now it looks silly. LOL! I just hope it starts catching up. What If it doesn't grow imagine xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back