.. October 2016 Mummies - First Trimester ..

Might be different areas? With my last son I registered before my missed period, as I had a positive pregnancy test. Mine don't mind as long as you've tested positive.

I felt like that a few days ago! I was working in the ICU at Sunderland Royal Hospital and I was certain AF had just arrived, but nope! I'm paranoid :lol: It's scary though. I have a love/hate relationship with the first 12 weeks.

Ive got my first scan date and booking in already.

Whats yours AL? ill stick the date on.

xxx

I don't have mine yet, I probably won't get mine for a while. They usually post them out nearer to the time, I can guess it will be end of March time. I am going for a private free scan when I'm about 10 weeks gone, in my area there is a place that offers free scans and advice.

Ah yes, Ill be getting my 8 week one on my birthday :D

Exciting times ahead.

xxxx

What on earth! Last time I called up doctors they didn't even let me see a doctor about it! My doctors don't even offer blood tests for pregnancy, terrible. I'm not allowed to speak to a midwife until after 8 weeks, I'm only allowed to call to make an appointment when I'm on my 8th week, so I probably won't get seen until 10 weeks, which means im not going to have my 12 week scan until 14 weeks. Peed me right off now!

Ours is a Booking centre, I wasnt expecting a date already!!

I just called this morning to register and they gave me my first 2 appts over the phone.

Im not going to my GP, they just give me Folic acid, which im taking.

xxxx

Where you from peanut? That's really odd.

We don't see a doctor, the midwife takes our bloods to confirm pregnancy and for screening. We get an introduction at 5 weeks usually (or I did in my last pregnancy) and a 1:1 with the midwife where she takes bloods, measurements and plans out our pregnancy at 8 weeks.

Thats what my first appointment is, bloods etc..

I just counted, Ill be 10 weeks at that appointment and my scan Ill be 13+ a couple days. Everyone in Scotland must be preggers :lol: I do know quite a few.

Just aswell Im getting a private scan, couldnt be waiting 13 weeks :shock:

xxxx

I'm from dudley, just outside Birmingham, i want them to confirm mine but they won't :cry: a positive test is good enough for them. Ugh.

Last edited:
There must be something in the water in Newcastle because loads of people are pregnant :lol:

Awww peanut that sucks! Such as odd way to do it, mine has always been very consistent. I know some doctors won't diagnose a women pregnant until after 6 weeks, but mine do it as soon as you get that positive pregnancy test.

I'm scared of going to my 12 week scan, it always makes me feel anxious in case there is nothing there or my baby hasn't made it. So that's why I like getting an early scan first, I also have a doppler :lol: I hate the first 12 weeks!

Im not even trying my doppler out for a few weeks incase I stress myself! :shock:

I found mine quite early last time.

I had a recurrent dream of going for my 12 week scan and them telling me no baby on screen, I made it up :lol:

I think itll work 4 weeks between now, my early scan, then 4 weeks till my 12 weeks and a MW inbetween, thatll tide me over I think. Unless anything happens otherwise.

xxxx

View attachment 57853

Is this a decent positive for 14dpo? Looking at yours Claire it's a hell of alot darker than mine... top one is today, bottom is 2/3 days ago, should have wrote on them lol x

I'm not trying my doppler until 11-12 weeks, thats how far along I was last time I found my sons heart beat :)

They are light, mine are as dark as the control line but I wouldn't worry. People vary greatly, some people don't get dark lines at all!

They're a little light but i am sure they will get darker soon!
This is mine at 15/16dpo in the afternoon with one hour hold, my line is also not as dark as the control yet.

002.JPG
001.JPG

All registered at my doctors! Got an appt next week to get my books and meet my midwife Pauline, then the week after an appt for my bloods and information to be taken! Excited �� I hope it all goes well!

Great news ladies! Went to a walk in sexual health clinic to confirm pregnancy. She said she didn't think anything would come up because of how early I am and I had to force myself to pee, like a 1 hour hold with water. She said she could see a line coming and it turned into a big fat line. So she's given me a letter to take to my gp just to put on records! I'm so happy and feel loads better now it's been confirmed by a nurse! And hubby is finilly convinced! xx

Last edited:
Wooo! Great news :) Always feels better when you get that confirmation.

Great news PB, it must be such a relief!

Last edited:
When are you guys gonna start buying stuff? I'm waiting until after the 12 week scan, i have an obsession with bad luck etc, not waking under ladders, breaking mirrors and stuff like that makes me feel sick if i see a magpie (1 for sorrow) ahaha. So as I've herd it's bad luck to buy before 12 weeks I can't lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back