**********November 2015 mummies**********

Had a rubbish night sleep.
Was really busy yesterday so thought i would sleep well :-(

I've started sitting on my ball as it really helps my hips not bouncing or anything just sitting. Suprising how comfortable it is which is great as i cant get comfortable anywhere atm thanks to my spd.

I am still not sleeping well either, I can't get comfortable on my side at all and have resorted to sleeping on my back propped up but still wake up in the night.

I have got the nursery furniture together (for those not in the FB group) and this afternoon I have just sorted out the baby bits I have bought and the freebies and put them in drawers and hung up. I will wash it all but it just needs a place to go for now!

He is moving so much more lately although we still have quiet days. I cannot believe I am over halfway - I bet this last half is going to fly by and I really think we need to get our list of stuff together so we know we have everything in place. I just have this feeling we will get to a point like I do with christmas shopping of 'it's still too early, still too early - oh crap it's so late we need to sort ourselves out!' (every year haha)

Random question - are you ladies going to be buying baby Christmas pressies as it is their first Christmas although they won't have a clue? If so what are you thinking of getting them? I have this feeling family will buy baby things and me and BF will get forgotten about or it will be our names but actually baby things haha!

Yeh as soon as the baby is born in ordering him/her a toy box like haydn got forChristmas last year- will probably get a small toy or something for them too but otherwise I think xmas is going to be more about the little man this year. Sort of hoping the new baby sleeps through most of it! X

The third tri always drags for me seems to last longer than the other 2.

I cant walk at all tonight. Was on my feet for 5 hours at work with no chance to sit down now im in alot of pain had to crawl to the loo.

My boobs are leaking like mad so i had to buy some breast pads. Wish my boobs could stay this big after baby it nice being 3 sizes bigger just wish they didnt hurt so much.

I was thinking about xmas today and i dont think we will buy anything for the baby, its really not worth it i dont think especially as everything we 'need' will already be in place by then. They will be too young for toys but i'm sure they will get presents from grandparents. We'll make up for it next year i'm sure x

The first christmas is more for the parents i think. you are the one who will remember it and take lots of cute photos to look back on.
Enjoy the last peacefull christmas together then go mad on christmas presents next year

Totally agree Emerald it would be different if they were 6 months old but will probably only be 4 weeks old.
Cant wait for next xmas with a 13 month old! X

Our daughter was 8 months old last Christmas and still completely oblivious haha. She did have a go at tearing some wrapping paper though! Can't wait for this Christmas :-D a 20 month old and a 4 week (ish) old, bring it on x

I absolutely love Christmas!! I am so excited to be a Mum this year even though she won't have a clue what's going on. Weren't not going mad on presents at all this year. For anyone, apart from the kids in the family. Xx

Don't think we'll buy baby much for christmas, if anything at all, they'll only be a few weeks old. I've tried to diplomatically tell family this as well, but I think it'll fall on deaf ears :rolleyes:

I do love Christmas but we're not bothering to buy presents for baby this year. We'll probably buy a fun little Christmas Day outfit or something when they appear in the shops (hopefully in about September so we can get organised, lol) but that's it. I just want this year to be about friends and family and introducing our little one to everyone we know. So exciting!!! xx

Are you all planning to stay home with baby this year? Every year we go to his mums and then mine after - he is determine that we are going to his mums I just can't get it through to him I may not want to leave so we shouldn't make plans to be going there just in case I don't feel it!
I'm just thinking people can come to us :) and they can cook if they want food haha!

I spent my first xmas after my eldest with my mum. Ment i didnt have to cook or worry about all the prep.
I did pay for half the food though and my Brother cooked so mum could relax aswell.

I may have felt like staying home had it been so soon after giving birth though however mine are all summer born babies.

We're planning to go to ILs but I think DH is holding off actually telling them just in case we change our minds. He's probably right to wait till we know what's what but it will definitely be our house or ILs as my family tends to run around all over the place on Christmas day and I can't be bothered faffing about fitting in for an hour or two when baby might have other plans. We'll see my family boxing day instead.

Weeza if I were you I would avoid even talking about it for the time being. He won't have a clue what to expect yet but when you have a newborn actually there to think about he might see things very differently. Don't rule it out yet either though - you might like the idea of a big fat christmas dinner cooked by someone else and even better if you can swan in and out at whatever time suits?! xx

Last edited:
We're staying at home this Christmas! Carting a 4 year old & 2 twins to my family in Birmingham is not an option this year! We have invited my family to come to us but have warned them that we have no idea what our routine is etc!
I love cooking Christmas dinner though so me & hubby will do it between us xx

I love the idea of going out and being with family and them cooking but in my head I'm due right at the end of November and likely will go over my due date so baby at most will be like 4 weeks ish old. I don't know how soon people leave the house after having babies and I'm just feeling so anxious about it already. Feel like I rather it was organised that his family come here and his mum can cook here haha! Happened a couple years ago when her house flooded!

When I had Noah - he was born on 20th December we had my mum & dad, sister & brother in law and hubby's mum for Christmas and it was fine - dinner was cooked for me - washing up etc was done! We then travelled up to Birmingham for New Year (50 miles) and it was a faff as we had to take pushchair, Moses basket, steriliser etc but it was ok - stayed there for 3 days!
However, with twins and a toddler - we won't be going anywhere for a while lol xx

It depends on the individual how soon they start going out.
With my first i think it took about a week to feel somewhat human again to start going out but with my 2nd i went shopping 2 days after i felt fine and had a 4 year old to look after so had to go.
Your midwife can advise you if its ok to go out after baby is born when she visits you after being discharged from hospital.

I hope me and baby will be well enough to at least do short walks to local shops etc soon after birth. But we'll be staying home for Christmas. Usually we go to the in laws on christmas eve and stay over, come home on christmas day then have dinner at our house with my mum. But this year, if people want to see the baby, they can come to us! It'll only be 3 of us for dinner as usual and everything will be stuff to chuck in the oven from M&S, between me, Graham and my mum, we'll manage fine.

26 weeks today! My last week in tri 2.
The last 6 months have flown by so fast compared to the 2ww.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back