**** November 2014 Mummy's ****

Ah poor faith. What is tiger in the tree? Hope the medicines help her.

Frankie didn't like her heel prick test until I shoved a finger in her mouth, so will use that trick for immunisations.

I need to get some official stuff done, registering he at the doctors and the registry office etc. I'm terrible for phoning up for stuff.

Have I mentioned yet about the foot? When I had my 20 week scan they noticed she had a turned in foot. It's still there and she's going to need a series of plaster casts to straighten it out. It'll mean weekly trips to Alder Hey for a while. Apparently it won't stop her learning to walk at the usual time though.

I totally forgot about her foot. Is it very bad, is it particularly noticeable or only if you're looking for it? When will she have to start having the plaster casts? That'll make bath time fun! At least it wont affect her walking at all though :)

We had to make sure we rang up for our registering appointment as soon as we got home as the Birmingham registry office is ridiculously busy! I just need to set up Jake a savings account now already been given £60 for it and I imagine he'll be getting more for Christmas.

The best regular junior saver is halifax account which offers 6% for first year. You need to go in branch to open it and need a birth certificate and two forms of id (yours one of which needs to be a passport). I looked into it today.

Njp thats sounds really positive about the Frankies foot. (Can we shorten her name yet? Or are you wanting to keep it full name for as long as poss?)

Mellie, how did sleep go today? I got an hour and thats it...dont feel too bad but i know if she is bad tonight i will feel it in the morning. Have a chilled day and folks are around to help tomorrow so at least can sleep tomorrow. I hate this time in the day because you have no idea what your going to get in the night

Oh lovely thanks for that apple saves me looking into it. Not sure if I'm going to just open a regular savers or if I'll open him an ISA too
Got to go and see my Grandpa for advice as he'll be the one putting the most money in it I imagine so need his opinion.

I slept a tiny bit today not much though as he didn't sleep loads. No idea how as he didn't sleep last night! I get the feeling I'm in for a night of none stop feeding again tonight as he's barely been off the boob since about 6. :( I was borderline about to give him a dummy last night it was getting to me that much.

Tiger in tree is that hold Apple mentioned other day for winding.

Aw poor thing hope it's sorted asap can't be nice her having casts :( when will all that start?

I was thinking about opening an account nige been looking into isa too I think. Mellie let me know what ur gdad advises.

Hope you all get better nights tonight then. It is that time of night when faith asleep but usually wants to be on n off til about midnight. May be different story tonight though after her injections :(

Laura's quiet hope to God she had baby now! Or at least in labour.

It is quite noticeable but not with baby grows or thick socks on. I dread to think how baths will go, I can only assume they'll give us a cover, I can't see how you'd bath a baby with a cast on. I'm waiting on the appointment, hoping it will come through soon, in the meantime just doing stretching exercises.

I'd like to get a savings account too, so thanks for letting us know what the best one is, will have to wait until we register her.

I'm concerned that she's not getting the good milk from me, she keeps feeding for about 10 mins then falling into a deep sleep, unrousable. When I check the milk coming out it's still quite watery. I don't know how to get her to get the creamy milk. If she greeds for more within the hour I offer the same boob again because I read that the milk should come through richer more quickly but aside from that, she's not getting good quality milk.

Apple, we're going with Frankie as the main name. Though my MIL is refusing to use it.

If u change her nappy does she not wake up then?

Yes can imagine bath would be a nightmare! :-/ wonder what will happen there.

Why is your mil being awkward has she given a reason? That would pee me off so much!!!
Was there last night and they kind of shout at the other lo's but I said to hubby won't be happy if they shout at my lo!!

Well the cluster feeding started at about 9:30pm and still going on ...oh has been brilliant though trying to settle change nappies amd hold in betweens (however short) just to give me some shut eye...but i am on my own now till 6am...

Heres tiger in tree njp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 16
I've managed about 2 hours sleep so far tonight, fortunately Jake started his cluster feeding early so I'm hoping he's done for tonight but only time will tell.

Whys your MIL refusing to use it? What's the matter with the name Frankie I like it. What is she calling her instead then?

Frankie is an ugly name apparently so she'll be sticking with Francesca. It is irritating me, don't really know how to force her to use Frankie.

Sometimes she wakes up with a nappy change, not always. Earlier she wouldn't wake up but had a clean nappy so I stripped her to wake her, to no avail. She just lay there, naked, with her eyes squeezed tight shut, almost like she was insisting on staying asleep!

Poor you, cluster feeding again. Hope you get some sleep in the day tomorrow.

Tiger in a tree looks quite comfy, I'll have to try that one to burp her! I take it that's Imogen in the pic? She looks cute snuggled in her little baby grow!

Yes thats Imogen in pic...

How anoying and dis respectful of your mil...that was my reservation with the name antonia...just the opposite, i was worried i would have no control over people shortening it...as i didnt like toni...however francesca is beautiful and your mil will be in the minority of people using it so it can just be a quirky grandma yhing going on....

I want your content sleeping baby njp...

Fingers crossed mellie that your cluster feed is over for tonight...why cant it happen in the evening for me, rather than middle of night.

Its blowing a gale outside, really wet and windy.

She's not content and sleeping now! Wide awake & gurgling away. Also, she's got horrible green diarrhoea, likely from my antibiotics. Was trying to change her just before and it kept pouring out! Gross.

I do think the name is going to have to be a grandma thing. I do think it's rude of my MIL though.

Mellie, fingers crossed the rest of your night is quiet!

Fortunately Jake is sleeping tonight, just unfortunately not for very long. He's sleeping for about an hour max and then wanting more food, I honestly don't know where he puts it all!

It sounds like Frankie is going to be able to sleep through anything, I thought nappy changes were a sure fire way to wake up any baby!

The diarrhoea sounds horrible, sometimes Jake's had a poo mid nappy change which is horrible as it seems to fire out of him. But its never been green. I assume the antibiotics must be getting through to her, although you'd think they'd be majorly diluted down.

I thought green was normal in the transition from the black tar stuff to the yelldow djon mustard stuff... My oh was obessed with the types of poo that she should be having will check with him in a sec...

Well Imogen went to sleep at 3:30 and slept till 7:30 so i will take that...

Mellie...i get alit of comfort that your going through this as well..but..you seem to be handling this way better than me...i just want to cry and resort to the bottle....giing to call midwife today and get some support, ideally would love to get a plan together to move from bf to bottle. Going to try expressing this weekend as finally have my machine......

She has already moved on to the yellow mustard 'budgie seed' poo, this is kind of a runny greeny version. Wife said it's antibiotics, but said it can also be a sign of low nutrition which is what got me worried about the lack of hind milk drinking.

She really does sleep through anything, which is great in some respects but not so great for feeding!

Though this morning she has woke up & cried through nappy change and still snubbed the boob when reoffered. I'm hoping my milk will adjust and stop making so much watery milk soon.

Apple, don't get disheartened. It sounds like you've been doing a lot during the day as well like meeting your parents. Perhaps cut down on daytime things for now and focus on sleeping when you can? It might make the long nights more bearable?

One thing to watch out for with expressing is that you can over stimulate milk production. I've stopped expressing stuff for the freezer for now, to see if my milk supply settles to just what Frankie needs. Hoping it might help the excess foremilk situation.

Yes i heard expressing and over complicate milk supply, and my boobs are quiet comfortable at the moment...its so hard i ont want to upset the apple cart but i know im not truely happy with bf...but the unknown is worse than what i have at the moment so bit indesive..

I find it so hard to sleep during the day, even now I,ogen is asleep and its great oppurtunity for me to sleep again..but know im wide awake.. But yes nothing planned this weekend and mum and dad kmow i want a pj day today..so i think we will find an xmas movie or something.

Oh no I'm not handling it well at all apple. Last night I wasn't too bad as I expected it although this morning he hasn't slept either which is really annoying me and I can't sleep today at all due to the health visitor and other visitors coming. But on Wednesday night I was a mess and an uncontrollable sobbing moment so Jake was just left screaming.

I think if I had formula in the house during one of the cluster feeding nights then I would have caved and given it to him by now but because there's nothing here I haven't. I'd have been really annoyed with myself if I had as I really want to breastfeed for as long as possible. I can't be bothered with all the faffing about with bottles and sterilisers I much prefer flopping a boob out.

Girls all I can say is that maybe it's a good thing faith came early as I've already been through what you're all going through now. And I promise it does get better but there may be a certain type of night they do feed and fuss loads it's just one of those things really. The feeding thing is worse of an evening or night as apparently that is when our best milk supply is due to hormones or what not.

Njp maybe express a bit before a feed so when frankies ready go on boon she gets a bit of the fatty milk too. Not all the time of course but maybe a one off :-/ hard to know really but green usually do indicates a problem so Google it there's loads out there hun.

Faith slept from like midnight to 5 again this morning. Let's hope it's the start of a beautiful relationship between me and my bed ;) haha.

I was like that mellie, I wanted to exclusively breast feed. We had bought a steriliser and bottle set as I intended to express for oh to feed her when I wasn't a always with her but I didn't want to do this too soon.
It didn't go to plan for me and I think I've finally accepted it. I'm only giving a few breast feeds each day and sometimes she seems to mess about and take herself on and off and I end up giving her a bottle after anyway as she gets annoyed with herself. I don't mind tho at least she is getting some of the goodness from me.

As for the for and hind milk one midwife tried to tell me that all the milk is the same! It clearly isn't though you can see the difference yourself in the colour.
Could you not try hand expressing a little before baby attached to bring out some of the for milk, although they do still need the first part as this is their 'water' drink an the thicker is their meal.

I feel like Ruby is making progress she seems to be getting the hang of day and night a little. The last few days she's been awake a lot more during the day and very alert and has been sleeping better. She still has her grumpy time which has gone from 4-5 hours to 1-2 she's settling better and isn't struggling to wind, the infacol is definitely helping her.

Hoping to take Ruby to Santas grotto today at our local farm shop, not that she will know what's going on but at least we can take some nice photos and we can tell her when she's older she went to see Santa and plus I love the grotto there they put so much effort into it.

Apple I just asked the health visitor about the cluster feeding she said it can be worse in the cold weather as baby needs the extra calories to help keep warm.

His feeding has definitely been doing something. He now weighs 9lb 5, so put on nearly a whole pound in 11 days. Which makes me feel slightly better as at least I know the constant feeding is doing something.

How are you meant to teach a baby the difference between night and day? Especially at this time of year as its dark 70% of the time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back