• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Northeast Meet, South Park, Darlington, Sat 9th August*

Krystal

Reaction score
Saturday 9th August 2008, South Park, Darlington:

South Park is a great place for today’s generation, after its multi-million pound Heritage Lottery Funded restoration project. It was the first Victorian Park in the North East of England and was opened to the public in 1853 as Belasses Park. Its size has increased to its present 91 acres and the superb restoration work has added new sensory, rock and rose gardens to the existing award-winning displays. You can also enjoy a splendid lake, bandstand, new play areas, skateboard park and seasonal bistro-style café. Educational facilities in a new, purpose-built extension to the Park Lodge welcome school groups to this wonderful example of a municipal park.

Travel information:

Road Directions:
From the A1(M )junction 57 follow signs for Darlington A167. On the approach to the town centre turn right just after Darlington Rugby Club, into Parkside, South Park is on the left.

Sat Nav users enter Postcode: DL1 5TG

Public Transport Directions:

Arriva service 74 and Dales and District service 72
By Coach – National Express, National Coach Service to Feethams, Darlington
By Rail – Darlington Bank Top Station

Parking & Transport:
Parking (free) - Limited street parking on Parkside and Victoria Embankment (the park's two main entrances).

If it turns into a miserable day the park is a 5 minute walk away from the town centre where we can choose to go somewhere to eat and do a spot of shopping.

Possibles so far:

Sweetcheeks24 & Jack
Lola's Mummy & Lola
babyroo & Jessica
Melanie & Thea
Valentine & Ella
Babylicious, Paris & Harrison
Starfish & LO
Lulu, Jack & LO
Mrs Brightside
fifi211, Jamie & Charlie
chezzabell, Sophie & Alistair
monster_munch &LO's
Happybunny & April
SarahH & Arianna
kellyannlyle

I'd be interested, I'm more north west but can manage Newcastle/Durham kind of area.

Hooray I will defo be there as long as it is'nt 18th, 19th or 20th of July cos it's Jess's Christening on the 20th and will be baking and stuff like a mad woman. I should be able to make anywhere North East wise.
I was soooooooooooo gutted not to get down to York today, been looking forward to it for aaaaaaaaggggggeeeeeeeesssssss.
Hope lots of you lovely ladies can come.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Too far for me, but I'm glad people sound up for a more northerer meet :D

well if we look at Stcokton area we have preston park which is a lovely place.. we could go there. Or if anyone has any other ideas on places feel free to suggest :D

I'd be up for it! :D I went to Preston Park today to see a friend of mine get married, it's a lovely place. I'd go anywhere in the area though... i'll get my thinking cap on for a venue :think:

Ooooh I'd love to come! DD & I would have to get the train though (East Coast mainline) so that only gets us to Alnmouth, Morpeth, Newcastle or Durham. Sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance it could be accessible by public transport?

I can do Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday as I will be back at work at the start of the week soon, but not 18-20 July (Friday to Sunday), 26-27 July (Saturday and Sunday), 2-3 August (Saturday and Sunday), 16-17 August (Saturday and Sunday), 31st August (Sunday), 4-5 September (Friday and Saturday) or 27 September (Saturday). Didn't realise I was so busy actually! Oh well, if it ends up being on one of those dates, thats fine, didn't realise I had so much on! Bl**dy weddings and 1st birthday parties!

Valentine Xxx

I will definately make it accessible by public transport considering i don't drive, :hug:

we'll have a look at dates then.

If anyone can tell me when they CAN'T do it. then we'll see what date is best for us all or as many as poss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back