My vegan food journal

I'll take pixies of the cupcakes tomorrow, they need to be made a day in advance to achieve the right donut type texturey thing according to the recipe :) xx

This is the quiche I made-gourmet vegan recipe:)
u7agedeb.jpg

That's the only pic I've got on my phone, I'm doing the mac and cheese again this week so will get a pic of that :D xx
I've always liked cooking but I am just absolutely loving cooking and creating now!!!

That looks delish! Looking forward to seeing how the cupcakes work out! :)

Inside of the donut cupcake
8evagy4y.jpg

Mac and (no) cheese (ok it's actually a mix of pasta shapes!)
e4a5ahup.jpg

oh wow the donuts are filled and everything! yum yum! Which book/site is the recipe for them from? x

ps. I see your little boy in the background about to tuck into one too! :lol: hehe

It's the Veganomicon recipe but I ignored their suggestion of filling the cases 3/4 full and popping jam on top (they claim it will sink in) and instead filled the case about 1/4 full, then jam, then too up with batter. A couple of the cakes had jam right at the bottom but all in all they looked like that. I can give you the recipe if you like?
Hehe, I hadn't noticed he was there! The kids have loved them! I'm going to do choc orange ones this week for an omni friend.

Your recipes really make me wonder how I've let my meals get so boring!

Your recipes really make me wonder how I've let my meals get so boring!

Honestly, my meals have never been so fantastically flavoured and varied! :D x if you want any recipes I'm happy to help :D x
I was thinking of you today as I made a vegetable and pearl barley soup for lunch.

We had vegan sausage and nutritional yeast mash with cauliflower, peas and gravy today for dinner x

Can you explain the nutritional yeast thing? I'm so dense I don't really understand it.

Can you explain the nutritional yeast thing? I'm so dense I don't really understand it.

It's basically a special type of yeast that you add to food. It smells a bit cheesy and is what I make my 'cheese' sauces with. The one I buy has vit B12 in it. I put it in mash, soups, stews, sauces, beans-anything I can get away with to be honest! Lol x

So I've gone cupcake crazy! Made chocolate orange cupcakes with orange frosting on half and orange liqueur chocolate glaze! They are SCRUMPTIOUS!

Donuts look delicious! My friends lil boy is allergic to eggs (and nuts) , so difficult for them to eat out and go anywhere. Which cookbooks would you recommend hun?
Although i eat everything, I like experimenting too

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I'm loving the Veganomicon at the minute but I use The Gourmet Vegan's website and The Mouthwatering Vegan's website a lot as well. I tend to use google a lot-https://sites.google.com/site/thetolerantveganrecipes/chocolate-orange-cupcakes this is the recipe I've just used for the chocolate orange cupcakes which have literally all gone! (Made 18!!! Though 10 went to family/friends/teacher) x

taqemy5a.jpg

Tomato and rice soup with roasted garlic and haricot beans x

I'm banning myself from your thread until I'm moved & can copy!

Nooooo don't abandon me ;)
Made salted caramel cupcakes yesterday. Honestly, I'm not perfectly happy with them. I think it's the plain cake. The frosting is lovely though! X no where near the deliciousness of the chocolate orange ones though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back