My BLW journal

Tuesday 10th May

Today Seb has had some toast which he didn't want (he's not keen on regular bread, likes pitta and tortilla wraps though), 2 pieces of orange, a banana, a carrot, 2 pieces of cucumber and a parsnip. Major improvement on the last few days though he's still refusing bottles :(

Henry' been really ill the last week as well, off is bottles and hardly eating anything, hope these horrible bugs pass soon :(

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

aww all these poorly babies! hope they all get etter soon! :hugs:

My lil man is drinking for them i think! he has been having 8 oz every feed ( 5x a day) for the last 3 days or so! Off to Buy hungry baby milk i think!

hey hon, Hows he doing? you havn't udated for a while, hope all ok x

Hope everything's ok hun! And seb's feeling better! You've not updated in a while, I miss reading about his eating escapades :(

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

was just thinking that this morning! Hope you are all ok xx :hugs:

helen where are you?? i miss reading your updates! hope all is well! x

I think she has no net, she complained her phone broke and she had to wait a a month and that was 2+ weeks ago :) I sent a fb message so I'm sure she'll be back very soon :)

Just looked back at this! Can't believe how much Seb has changed! I'm so glad that I chose blw! It was so completely the right choice for us!!! Ah memories :D

Just thought I'd add, Sebastian is still loving food! He's really adventurous with food and hasn't got anything he hates yet! He eats 3 meals a day and two snacks x x

Yeah go seb!!!! H loves those porridge fingers you wrote about!!! I did a mix of both and h's fab by far is a corn on the cob!!!!!

As fabby!!! Seb loves corn on the cob too! His favourite fruit is grapes! He love love loves them!!!! Sounds like H is doing brilliant!

Ignore any mistakes-my iPhone is addicted to autocorrect!

I've just read all this and it's brilliant.

Can I ask if Seb ever wasn't really bothered by the food? I tried Jake on cheese on toast at lunchtime and he just picked it up, licked it a bit and then threw it on the floor. At teatime I've given him brocolli and carrot. He didn't even pick it up, just felt it a bit then ignored it.

Yeah at the beginning he wasn't really bothered and most of everything ended up on the floor x I just kept reminding myself that he was still getting everything he needed from his milk x it was so frustrating sometimes but also so rewarding x

Thanks Helen.

At least he showed a little interest. I'll keep plodding on!

It's a new experience for them so it might take some time x Sebastian loved cucumber sticks especially at the very beginning x

I know several people are looking for this so thought I'd just bump it up x x

Hi Helen :waves:

So was it 23 weeks when you started? I have tried B with some green beans, toast fingers, sweet potato and banana - lots of mess, not a lot of actual eating - well she loved the toast actually, she sucked on that quite a bit until small bits broke off! She's 22 weeks now which feels a bit early but I know she's not actually eating it or needing to eat it for hunger, more playing with it. She gagged a couple of times but I think that's cause she liked it and was getting excited! My heart was in my mouth a few times thinking "spit it out!" but she seemed to do fine!

Yup I started then xxx I was saying to my sister today the biggest thing to accept and get over is the gagging! I quickly understood that the gagging wasn't choking and it was him learning his to deal with solid food but DH was slower than me xxx what you read is what we experienced xxx I absolutely loved every minute and it sounds absolutely fantastic that you understand that food at this point isn't for 'nutrition' but for learning and fun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back