My BLW journal

i read her website on the sticky link just now and i get it better! cant wait till they tell me the books come in! im actually very excited! Was seb able to sit in his high chair by then or did you start him off on your lap?

He was able to sit in his high chair-a chicco one that clips to the table so he's right there with us :D it's brilliant! It also helped so much with his sitting unaided in general x if you'd said I could have lent you my book but now you've ordered it :(

it's the best thing!! We're were quite apprehensive ot begin with and gave it a sort of 'let#s give a go attitide' but like Helen we are totally loving it. I think it's a worth a try if you're interested and see how LO takes to it, they do totally love it, it's so fun!!

Helen-you mentioned moules mariniere - can our babies have mussels?

I researched and researched and found everywhere said you can give shell fish at 6 months so, yeah x I didn't do it in the end as they didn't have any at tesco so I'm going to do it again some other time x

So glad to hear you're loving it too minchin! I was so sceptical at first but the book was such a massive help! And I'd never do it another way (unless I have a prem baba) now x

ive only ordered it through my library.. going to read up on it and then if we decide to do it im going to buy the cookbook

I'm just coming towards the end of the book and it makes so much sense!

We're going on holiday when he's 7 months and I'm looking forward to him being able to properly join in with beachside meals! Glad you mentioned the shellfish. We'll be buying lots of fish fresh from the harbour and I was wondering whether he would be able to eat king prawns and things. Also Tuna steaks are one of our staple meals at home and I didn't realise they could have that too.

It's great this thread Helen.

Question though: what times on average do you give him his breakfast/snack/lunch/dinner?

He usually has breakfast at between 7-7.30, snack around 10, lunch between 12-1, snack around 3.30 and dinner between 5.45-6 x it does vary some days but never dramatically (she says when yesterday it varied quite a bit! Lol) x

The cookbook is simple but brilliant as it gives you ideas of what they can have and it's easy to adapt!

ROL-Seb loved the tuna steak we had on Friday! You have to limit their in take though (mercury levels I think) x

The

yes I think you have to limit intake of all oily fish due to mercury levels? we only give small amount of tuna and other oily fish like trout and mackerel. shame cos owen loves fish. OOH interesting about shellfish, so prawns are ok too do you think? Owen would love massive king prawns!

Sunday 8th May

Breakfast was melon slices which were adored!

After about 9.30am Seb suddenly seemed to take a turn-he's barely had any milk (brought up what he has had) and though he's attempted asparagus from the risotto primavera at dinner time he's been really poorly so we've left him food wise :(

Yeah prawns should be fine :) hope he enjoys them! Just obviously be aware that shellfish is one of the major allergy foods so keep an eye on him :)

aw hope seb feels better soon. glad he enjoyed the melon Owen had that for pud tonight :) Owen did a massive puke and got rashy after egg this morning but was about 7th time of eating it. weird.

Helen loving the pics, and omg how Seb has grown is it just me or is he changing loooads?? gorg as ever tho!!! :) xx

Thanks ladies :) obviously I think he's gorgeous but yeah I think he's changing almost daily!

Well he's got worse over night so we'll see how it goes today :(

Helen those porridge fingers are a big hit although he wanted to share them with the dog!!!! What's the name of the cookbook you mentioned? X

Helen those porridge fingers are a big hit although he wanted to share them with the dog!!!! What's the name of the cookbook you mentioned? X

It's the BLW cookbook by Gill Rapely and Tracey Murkett x baby's can't get enough of them it seems :D

Monday 9th May

Seb's had a tiny bit of rice cracker all day :( nothing else :(

aw poor Seb really hope he's feeling well and back to his normal munching self soon x

Thanks honey x he had a bit of toast this morning x

Hope seb gets better soon!I've just made my own pasta sauce creamy roasted tomato, mushroom, mixed herbs and garlic and going to give him a go with baby pasta (he doesn't seem to like big pasta) and I'm looking forward to seeing what he thinks of it!

Mmmmh that sounds delicious :) Seb has had two pieces of orange and a banana so it's a deffinate improvement considering he's refusing bottles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back