My BLW journal

I saw you mention a non spicy chilli for dd and seb so was wondering could you give me the recipe as I have an aunt that can't eat spicy stuff and obv for h too!x

Of course! All I usually do is divide the minced beef or turkey (I use 500g and divide it so that we have maybe 3/4 of the meat and the children 1/4) into two pans, one for us, one for the children. Start to brown the meat in both pans. If you're using chilli powder (I usually use hot or medium) I usually add it now, a little bit in the children's one and a fair bit in the adult one. When the meat is browned add chopped tinned tomatoes to each pan, kidney beans to each, as many chillis as you want to the adults and some dried herbs (I usually use oregano and bay leaf) to both. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is reduced and nice and thick. I think that's all I do. I think it's great served with tortilla wraps, salad and salsa :)

How much chilli powder do you use for the lo's one? I don't like it too hot myself but I love a dollop of sour cream with my chilli!I have mixed herbs in the cupboard is that good enough?

Maybe 1-2 teaspoons x yeah that'll be great with mixed herbs

So glad you are continuing with your BLW journal hun. I thought it would have been really sad to lose such as useful source of tried & tested info.
Can't wait to try this out once my little one arrives & is old enough :dance:

Sunnyb xxx

Monday 25th April
Breakfast was nectarine and pear. He seemed to enjoy the nectarine and he already likes pear.
Snack was plum and banana
Lunch somehow got completely skipped today for all of us!
Snack was tomatoes and cucumber
Dinner was chilli (yep talking about it made me want to make it lol) with tortillas, salsa, tomatoes, cheese and lettuce. Seb sucked the tortilla wraps, accepted and ate preloaded spoons of chilli, ate the tomatoes and cheese and squished the salsa! Lol! It went down well! Can't wait for nappies ;)

WOW I am so impressed by and love this thread. Ive been hearing about your BLW from some of the other members and I had no clue what it stood for. Ive just read most of the pages here and I love the idea and will definitely try it with baba when he/she is born. My Mum did this with me as far as I know and its done me ok ;)
x

Cool Cherry :) Sounds like a plan x x yeah it's pretty much what my parents did with all three of us :D lol x

I'm so loving BLW!! i've got the blw book already and just bought the blw cookbook:dance: it so great you doing this thread your little one seems like he really enjoying blw and your doing a good job:) here is my baba enjoying blw

Attachments

• Photo769.jpg
    Photo769.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo788.jpg
    Photo788.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo840.jpg
    Photo840.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo841.jpg
    Photo841.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo842.jpg
    Photo842.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 5
Aw bless :) Glad you're enjoying it too! It's brilliant just letting them get on with it isn't it!!!

i cant believe you have been BLW for a whole month now and he is so fantastic with his food! :O so inspiring!

Tuesday 26th April

Breakfast was porridge fingers with sultanas. He really likes them! I use them as a quick 'stand by' or a Justin (just in case :lol:) and they always go down well with DD too.
Snack was carrot sticks and red pepper. He enjoys both. It's great to see him recognising certain foods now, like cucumber and tomato and red pepper.
Lunch was lentil dahl, a mildly spicy dish (actually I made it a little more like medium spicy) with homemade rosemary, garlic and onion bread, cucumber, celery and tomato dippers and pre-loaded spoons. He absolutely loved it! And so did DD and I! I never thought they were gonna stop eating! Lol!
Snack was a plain yogurt with blended raspberries. He's still getting used to yogurt and does have a tendancy to look at me like i've poisoned him after he puts the first spoonful in his mouth. He kept going back to this though so I guess it was a hit!
Dinner was skipped for a bottle.

Lots of fun! I was surprised at the enjoyment of the lentil dahl! Especially DD and think I'll make chapatti's to go with it next time!

i cant believe you have been BLW for a whole month now and he is so fantastic with his food! :O so inspiring!

Thank you hon x I didn't even realise it's been a month! Lol! He loves it all! It's absolutely brilliant!!!

Oooooops have been so busy-not updated for a while! Lol!

Friday 29th April

Breakfast was pineapple slices and pear. He loves both of these but after noticing a 'burn' looking welt on his right hand after eating the pineapple we're now holding off on it :(
Snack was banana during Royal Wedding. He loves banana and the joy he gets from squishing and chewing it is brilliant!
Lunch was missed for a bottle
Snack was cucumber and yellow pepper slices with houmous
Dinner was Spanish omelette. He had lots of fun playing with it and some got munched :)

Saturday 30th April

Breakfast was yogurt with nectarine. It went down very well! He loves having a spoon!
Snack was kiwi fruit and pear slices. He likes to play with and feel the kiwi fruit before attempting to knaw on it.
Lunch was chicken and humous pitta bread sandwiches with cucumber and tomato slices. The pitta bread was munched, chicken discarded and cucumber and tomato demolished :) DD enjoyed it too and Seb loves us all eating together.
Snack was missed for a nap.
Dinner was Sher Ping Pancakes with salad. He actually seemed to really love these and kept going back for more. We also gave him a slice of lime and, surprisingly, he pulled his face and went back to it again and again! Lol!

Sunday 1st May
Breakfast was porridge fingers with sultanas and he ate a whole one.
Snack was pepper and cucumber which went down very very well
Lunch was roast chicken sunday lunch and he had an absolute whale of a time exploring every bit of it :)
Snack was missed for a bottle
Dinner was roast chicken and tomato pitta breads with banana and kiwi fruit for afters and he enjoyed pulling them apart before attempting each bit :) he loves banana and the delight on his face when he gets one is brilliant!!!!

Some pics of sunday lunch: 1st two are him exploring corn on the cob, which he munched for ages and definately got some kernals off and ate them! 3rd pic was him blowing raspberries at his big sister to get her attention. 4th is the two handed carrot munching and 5th is him enjoying roast chicken :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358477.606273.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358477.606273.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 8
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358509.377922.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358509.377922.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358543.678328.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358543.678328.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358577.016078.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358577.016078.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 8
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358604.511889.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358604.511889.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
Monday 2nd May
Breakfast was banana and pear. Loved it!
Snack was rice cake with cheese cubes. He loves cheese and always enjoys rice cakes.
Lunch was spag bol at pizza hut :D he also had cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, lettuce and bread sticks from the salad bar. The bread stick went down a treat! The spag bol was inspected thouroughly and munched on but mostly thrown around when he discovered it stuck to stuff :) one of the main reasons I love BLW is he gets on with his meal whilst we can get on with ours, no problems.
Snack was skipped for a bottle at the cinema
Dinner was skipped for a bottle and bed!

Some pics of him at pizza hut;

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358992.701000.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304358992.701000.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304359025.727796.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304359025.727796.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304359061.507280.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304359061.507280.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304359093.735677.jpg