How many 'meals' a day

Amanda

Reaction score
I wanted to try Charlie with a spoon or two of pureed carrot on Xmas Day. I feel ashamed to admit it, but it was really just for the camera so he could wear his Mr First Christmas Dinner bib while spitting the carrot everywhere. :oops: So I made up some pureed carrot, sweet potato and apple and pear. I have the Annabelle Carmel freezer trays, which if you don't know, are like ice cube trays, but much bigger, and with lids. I took a cube of carrot and cube of apple and pear to my parents for dinner. Well, Charlie loved it!!! :shock: After the initial shock of having a spoon, he was crying out for more! :shock: I couldn't get it in fast enough! :shock: I would say that he had about a quarter of a cube of each (so about a normal icecube of each) before I gave him his bottle.

So yesterday, I took sweet potato with apple and pear for pudding. He had about half the sweet potato and almost all the apple and pear! :shock:

We've just fed him today, and he has eaten a full cube of carrot followed by a full cube of apple and pear! :shock:

So obviously he was ready for food! :lol: Now my question is Is one meal a day right for now? He has bottles at 6am, 9.30am, 1pm, then food and bit of bottle at 4.30pm, then bottle at 7pm, then bed.

Should I introduce some breakfast at the 9.30am feed? Or is it too soon? And if I am to give him something - what should it be??

It's all so different from when Kayleigh was small. She was on rusks at 9 weeks! :shock:

Amanda said:
I wanted to try Charlie with a spoon or two of pureed carrot on Xmas Day. I feel ashamed to admit it, but it was really just for the camera so he could wear his Mr First Christmas Dinner bib while spitting the carrot everywhere. :oops:

i would say that is enough for the time being, when i put Louie on solids it will only be 1 meal a ady for a while, then gradually increase it. but you as charlies mummy will always know best what is right for him.

you will know when charlie is ready for more though by the sounds of it.
where did you get those freezer tray things from? they sound great.

I think I was giving Ryan food twice a day, breakfast and dinner at that stage but only small amounts. I guess every child is different.

foxymum said:
where did you get those freezer tray things from? they sound great.

Boots hun. They were £6 for 2 trays. They are really flexible rubber, so they are dead easy to pop the cubes out. The lids don't fit at all, but if you fill the trays to the very top, you can sort of 'stick' the lid on! Then as it freezes, it seals it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back