Kynons BLW journey!

Sarah13

Reaction score
Im rubbish at keeping journals but thought Id try and keep a record of Kynon and his BLW.

Today is day one and we gave him his first evening meal which was carrot, broccoli, mini corn, cucumber and steak. He seemed to really enjoy playing with the corn and chewing it he did get a big lump off which was scary! Everything else was dropped and not really played with much either! We have also been giving him water in a tippy cup for a few weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

First dinner!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332725166375.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332725166375.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 29
Day two
We gave Kynon tea again tonight but left it too late so he was a bit grumpy and most food got dropped straight away. He had mushroom, which he sucked, butternut squash which he ate a bit of, new potato he sucked a bit and fish cake which he squashed but think he ate a bit.
Its amazing to watch him, can't believe he seems to know how to chew and is def getting small bits off, some Im sure he ate!

Day three
We had lunch today of hummus, bread sticks and banana. He pulled some funny faces at the banana but liked the hummus and bread sticks. Tonight was a bit of a disaster as Kynon was grumpy and frustrated, i think he was tired and hungry. He had pineapple and mango which he really liked and sucked lots, think he even ate some. He also gagged a lot tonight as he got quite big lumps off. We also tried broccoli carrot and baby corn again.

Hummus and banana, yum!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332786477017.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332786477017.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 24
Day four
Yesterday Kynon had his first bbq well it was charcoal so he didn't really but he ate outside which was a good job with the mess! He had pitta bread and hummus, potato wedge, cucumber and then a yogurt. I was going to spoon feed his yogurt but he grabbed the spoon and fed himself, i just loaded it for him, it was amazing! He loved the yogurt and pitta bread today and didn't gag too much

Aw :love:
I did this when I started BLW with DS. It was a brilliant experience and lovely to be able to record it!

It sounds like Kynon is doing brilliantly! And you too! :D

Thanks Mrs R, he does seem to love it!

Day 5 & 6
Forgot to post yesterday but Kynon tried pitta and hummus, cucumber, avercado and cheese at lunch. He seemed annoyed and grumpy though and kept looking at my salad as if he wanted that but i thought the baby leaves I had would be to hard for him to pick up! He liked avercado. I gave him some of our mushroom and corgette cheesy pasta for tea which went down well he even made lots of noises!
Tonight we had roast dinner so Kynon got to try beef, Yorkshire pud, roast potato, carrot and broccoli, he didn't gag at all and tried everything. I think he swallowed a bit too.

Day 7
Fish and chips tonight! Well kind of anyway, a homemade chip, fish finger, piece of my omlete, mushroom and corgette. Not sure how much he ate but the fish finger was crushed into little bits and so was the chips. I can see more improvement in his chewing too. He seems to get annoyed when the food is gone wanting more!

Not posted for a couple of days but today we had an uninterested food day. Not sure why but most things were swiped onto the floor for the eagerly waiting dog who has very quickly learnt that she gets lots of scraps when Kynon is eating, he threw a rusk yesterday which she gobbled up before i could get to it! He also made a lot of disapproving noises at both lunch and dinner and just wanted out of his chair hopefully tomorrow will be better.

It's nice to read about what he's eating. I wish I was baby led. I have given C a few things like cucumber, avocado, baby corn, banana, carrot but was so worried when he gagged, and also got a few big chubks so have ended up giving some purees again, I'm such a woose! Plus oh thinks he should be eating more than just playing with it and don't want to confuse him (gosh sorry for hijacking lol)

SS - Im getting the he should be eating more thing from people too but he's still bf loads so Im sure breast milk isn't suddenly not enough over night! We've had a few gags but they are getting less now he just spits big lumps out.
Today Kynon had mango, bread sticks and plum for lunch. He somehow wrapped the mango in his bib to grip it! Mango is def a winner! For dinner we had roasted veg in olive oil and basil. the baby corn and mushroom went down best as usual! The potatoes were crushed and the skin pulled off and the broccoli sucked. He wasn't very interested in carrot and butternut squash, maybe he didn't like the look of orange food tonight!

Mmm mango!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333499007575.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333499007575.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 13
Tried Kynon with banana again today, his face was a picture so still don't think he liked it! Funny because he kept going back to it.
Im sure he is eating stuff now for definite as I've noticed in his nappys, eurgh I a poo watcher!

Currently visiting my family but still giving Kynon various foods. So far he's had a chicken roast dinner he enjoyed, hummus, cheese triangle and bread sticks, fish finger, banana, apple, plum, celery, cucumber and a finger thing which was really messy!
Everyone freaks out a bit when he gags or gets a bit lump off and he really doesn't like the high chair down here, he's not very well supported tho.
Today was my brothers birthday so we had a roast chicken dinner. We all sat round the table including the 3 babies go their high chairs! Was nice for Kynon to be involved go a proper family meal. My sil has been BLW my niece who was 1 yesterday so was great to see how well she feeds herself. She kind of decided no BLW herself by refusing to be spoon fed and not liking mush but grabbed food herself!

Haven't posted for a week! Kynon is def eating more now though as I can tell when I change his nappy!
Tonight daddy made him mince and tatties with Yorkshire pud. Not sure he was keen on the mince though, don't blame him really! He loved his yogurt tonight and seems to be getting better with his spoon.

Yorkshire puds sound good!! Its nice to read about what other babies are eating. Colby's getting good at holding food now, he's using his fingers more than before.

I've noticed they get better at holding and using their hands too SS. I keep running out of new food ideas though, think I eat a boring vegetarian diet!
We had a scary moment today with a lump of steak, he kept gagging but didn't phase him, so hard not to intervene. Tried boiled egg, homemade chips and mushrooms with the steak, he loved sucking the steak and pulled some funny faces at the egg! Lunch was bagels with cheese spread which went down well, think he enjoys cheese which is strange as i hated it whilst pregnant!
Thinking of getting a BLW recipe book as I don't have much inspiration for new foods to try.

uploadfromtaptalk1334978117207.jpg
Kynon had his first curry tonight for dinner and loved it! Sucked all the curry off the chicken!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Fajitas tonight! They went down well he liked sucking the various dips off the wraps. Tomatoes seem to be another winner wasn't so fussed on cheese today.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back